No one likes to be spammed!! Our volunteer administrators work very hard to keep spammers out of this community, but the spammers get savvier and trickier all the time. If you receive a spammy message or comment on your account please let us know!
JUST VENTING about things that I find frustrating...some things are laughable and some things are not.Ever have anyone to announce your medical condition to a stranger while you are standing there and can speak for yourself? AND you do not want it…Continue
I just started Humalog two days ago. When I follow the chart I was given by the doctor it does nothing to lower my blood sugar. Example: Last night i Had a Cheeseburger on rye bread and sweet potato fries. My sugar was 101 right before I ate. I took…Continue
I switched from a pump to shots about two months ago and have gained 12 pounds. Is the pump better at keeping weight off? Is it the Lantus? I am loving my pump break and don't want to go back to it just yet. I am not having many lows and my sugars…Continue
If you are posting a blog from another location, please post the entire thing, with a link to that other location. Blogs containing only links will be removed.
Read the entire article, its too important to miss!
One major finding was that certain foods and dietary…Continue
Yelling Fire in crowded Theater
What is free speech and how does it apply in this community? Free speech is of course a protected right by the First Amendment of the Constitution of United States of America. The First Amendment reads as follows:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or…
At Diabetes Hands Foundation (the nonprofit I was fortunate to co-found back in 2008, which drives TuDiabetes among other programs) diabetes advocacy has become an increasingly important part of our work over time. Since 2013, these efforts took us down a path that resulted in a roadmap with three core components:
1) Building up a database of Active Diabetes Advocates:
A robust database with…
Welcome to the TuDiabetes chat!! We have some rules for its use:
1. Keep all conversation in the main room PG13
2. Do not use the chat for any form of promotion, including promotion of events, services, products, unapproved fundraising, and research.
3. Members should never advise other members to start, stop, or change a dose of a medication that is routinely prescribed, controlled, or overseen by a medical professional.
4. Use your common sense and common courtesy! We are real people here, with feelings, even though we can't see each other. So be kind. Be polite. Bring your best self to these interactions so that we may all feel safe and welcome in the chatroom.
See the TuDiabetes Terms of Service for more detail on what's appropriate on the site and in the chatroom, and note that we do review the chat retroactively, and warn/suspend members who abuse this feature.
If you encounter technical difficulties in the chat, check out Ning's supported browsers.
Disconnected (40 online)
You are disconnected from chat. Connect to join the chat.
Sign up to chat on Diabetes community by Diabetes Hands Foundation: TuDiabetes.