No one likes to be spammed!! Our volunteer administrators work very hard to keep spammers out of this community, but the spammers get savvier and trickier all the time. If you receive a spammy message or comment on your account please let us know!
Found this link on my facebook page. Thought I would try it and see if it works. As the article states, it will not cure diabetes but anything to lower my blood sugars would sure be a help.…Continue
All this past week I've been waking up low...at first it was in the low 4's, then the mid 3's and today I woke at 2.3 (still feel shaky). I've recently changed to a very low carb diet and low calorie diet and started a regular exercise…Continue
I know I never come on here anymore and normally when that is the case and I post again.....I get ignored. But I need to get this out so I will post anyhow.Today my new DR, tells me that latest A1C was 7 something. I can't remember what. I think low…Continue
I need advice on how to convince a parent who is in denial to at the very least call the good ol' doctor and request some labs. Yesterday when I got home from work my mother approached me and asked me to check her sugar which she does from time to…Continue
If you are posting a blog from another location, please post the entire thing, with a link to that other location. Blogs containing only links will be removed.
I originally posted this to my Blogger account (TamraGarcia.blogspot.com) on March 12, 2014.
March 11, 2014 I had surgery number two on my right eye. The first surgery, three weeks earlier, was to clean up my eye from the ravages of diabetic retinopathy. This second surgery was to clean out my eye fluid of blood from a hemorrhage that didn't want to stop on its own. And also to take out the remainder of the gas bubble that was put in three weeks earlier, and put in silicon oil. And,…Continue
I just received this good news from the District Manager for Tandem.
1. Medicare CGM Access Act of 2014 introduced in the Senate - Today, Co-chairs of the Senate Diabetes Caucus, Susan Collins (R-ME) and Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH), introduced the Medicare CGM Access Act of 2014 (S. 2689) – this is a big win. Though the bill is not yet posted online, it would create a Medicare benefit category for CGM and establish a payment and coding structure to go along with it. Notably, the bill has…Continue
Words Can Hurt
Have you seen this Geico advertisement about words can hurt? Geico is associated with interesting and innovative advertisement, but this one really hit home with me this week. I suppose it hit home for a variety of reasons. Diabetes is one of them but it is really more than that. …Continue
I heard back from both Tandem (Tslim Pump) and Animas (Ping Pump), and they are requiring a c-peptide and fasting blood glucose. I do have a meeting with the Animas rep on Friday, for the demo.
I am feeling a bit discouraged, I am a type 2 (as far as I know) and heard that many times (especially with Medicare replacement policies) T2's are not covered for the pump.
I am angry that insurance companies can have so much control over something that a doctor deems a good…Continue
Welcome to the TuDiabetes chat!! We have some rules for its use:
1. Keep all conversation in the main room PG13
2. Do not use the chat for any form of promotion, including promotion of events, services, products, unapproved fundraising, and research.
3. Members should never advise other members to start, stop, or change a dose of a medication that is routinely prescribed, controlled, or overseen by a medical professional.
4. Use your common sense and common courtesy! We are real people here, with feelings, even though we can't see each other. So be kind. Be polite. Bring your best self to these interactions so that we may all feel safe and welcome in the chatroom.
See the TuDiabetes Terms of Service for more detail on what's appropriate on the site and in the chatroom, and note that we do review the chat retroactively, and warn/suspend members who abuse this feature.
If you encounter technical difficulties in the chat, check out Ning's supported browsers.
Disconnected (14 online)
You are disconnected from chat. Connect to join the chat.
Sign up to chat on Diabetes community by Diabetes Hands Foundation: TuDiabetes.