New to Diabetes? (912)

Featured Discussions

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!Latest Reply

A free eBook to help you on your 1st year with diabetes

Will Dubois is a Diabetes Author, Educator and Advocate and a diabetes patient himself. He dedicates his life to help people with diabet…

Started by Manny HernandezLatest Reply

No Words to Speak and Nothing to Say... I'm a T1 Diabetic.

I'm a newly dx'd T1 who as a professional communicator can find no words to express how I feel. It's been a little over a month since being…

Started by NewT1BrothaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

insulin injections

I am new to insulin injections using Lantus Solostar and Novolog Pen. My doses are low (about 3 units Lantus, 1 to 3 units Novolog). I have…

Started by lh378

9 3 hours ago
Reply by Shadow Dragon

Hayfever, diabetes, and insulin

Is it well known that bad hayfever (I'm allergic to virtually all grasses, oak and olive trees, and a few weird plants on an alien planet i…

Started by Dave

8 yesterday
Reply by mary

Wife might be diabetic?

Okay, so here goes: My wife has an overactive thyroid that has been treated with pills. We have been having difficulties concieving, so we…

Started by Jason Sandeman

13 on Wednesday
Reply by shelly

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

14 Jul 4
Reply by David B.

A free eBook to help you on your 1st year with diabetes

Will Dubois is a Diabetes Author, Educator and Advocate and a diabetes patient himself. He dedicates his life to help people with diabet…

Started by Manny Hernandez

15 Jun 30
Reply by topcat35

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!

1345 Jun 30
Reply by Anna-Kate

Feeling low but BG is 88

Is it normal to feel like I'm getting low BG but when I check my BG my meter is reading 88. I have been lower than 88 before and not feel l…

Started by John11

8 Jun 27
Reply by meee

Health insurance for new and all type one

Since Obamacare started I decided to look for better insurance then what my job, FedEx, provided. Surprisingly I pay more per month, almost…

Started by Lost in Idaho

0 Jun 23

Cut carbs, losing weight, but BGs rising? What's wrong with this picture?

All - I've got questions, and I know you've got the answers, or at least can point me in the right direction. I'm still on my low-carb diet…

Started by Kate

28 Jun 22
Reply by Eucritta

New to insulin?

We're holding a community discussion about starting on insulin tomorrow in the TuDiabetes chat room.  If you are newly diagnosed (or if you…

Started by Emily Coles

5 Jun 22
Reply by funkynassau

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service