New to Diabetes? (927)

Featured Discussions

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!Latest Reply

A free eBook to help you on your 1st year with diabetes

Will Dubois is a Diabetes Author, Educator and Advocate and a diabetes patient himself. He dedicates his life to help people with diabet…

Started by Manny HernandezLatest Reply

No Words to Speak and Nothing to Say... I'm a T1 Diabetic.

I'm a newly dx'd T1 who as a professional communicator can find no words to express how I feel. It's been a little over a month since being…

Started by NewT1BrothaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

depressed on my birthday

Today is my 15th birthday, I should be happy but I am so depressed I want to cry. I got exactly what I wanted for my birthday from my paren…

Started by madison

24 13 hours ago
Reply by mohe0001

My worst hypo yet

I woke up at 2 in the morning soaking with sweat, when I tried to sit up the whole room started spinning. It was hard to see because I had…

Started by madison

41 Feb 17
Reply by Negg

Weekly traveler.... What and where to eat?

Hello all, this is my first post on this site. I was recently diagnosed T1D this past Christmas Eve after months of losing weight and uncon…

Started by Jacklo322

24 Feb 16
Reply by yeagen

T1D Newbie

Brand new T1D here. 28 years old and diagnosed last week. I had stomach virus symptoms, and when things weren't getting any better after 3…

Started by KBJ86

6 Feb 12
Reply by Terry

New diabetic

I just found out I have diabetes. I had to go to the doctor for a girl problem, she took some blood tests and said I might have diabetes. S…

Started by madison

213 Feb 6
Reply by madison

This is all new and hard to deal with

Hi, In December i went and saw a doctor for the first time in 10 years because I was constantly feeling nauseous. He run some blood tests a…

Started by Squeeze

11 Feb 5
Reply by meee

Head in the Sand? Stunned.

Hi all I am new to this site and also newly diagnosed with type 2. I am also a total idiot I think, I cant believe I fell for the media rub…

Started by topcat35

16 Jan 29
Reply by Vancouversailor

Another new person joining the club

Hello everyone! I'm Elena, female, 40, and was diagnosed Type 1 (or maybe LADA) on 9/30/2014. It's been an interesting ride since then, to…

Started by Elena

28 Jan 29
Reply by Elena

Just received a new diagnosis

At this mornings doctor appt I asked my Dr. what my insulin levels were and he said 9 months ago it was 2.6 and since my numbers have becom…

Started by LiL MaMa

292 Jan 28
Reply by Dave

Update On My Diabetes...

Thought I would give an update as to my case. Short Summary: 33 year old Family Medicine physician Diagnosed in June 2014 with HgbA1c of 6.…

Started by Sey

61 Jan 25
Reply by JustLookin

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service