New to Diabetes? (911)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Introduction

Hi, I'm Suzanne and I've been officially pre-diabetic for a little over 3 months. A1C was 5.8 in February and 5.7 at the end of May. I've b…

Started by Cacomistle

19 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Cacomistle

Local bought testing meter. What is the easiest meter to purchase testing strips for at a big box store

I am still very new to this whole life style change. What testing meter for BG is the easiest to buy supplies for on the fly. I am business…

Started by boyordy

9 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by boyordy

226 you say?

Yes...226 (12.5 mmol).. I think when I go to the drs again and again raise my concerns about my bg and I get a "I'm not that concerned with…

Started by Alicia

28 Jun 6, 2013
Reply by nel

It's been 2 months since I was diagnosed....

In mid April, my A1C was 14.5 and BG was in the high 400's. Now, my morning BG readings are between 95-150. I had blood work for a differen…

Started by BeatriceC

3 Jun 4, 2013
Reply by guitarnut

Bayer Contour USB testing high

So I have not been prescribed a BG meter yet but I bought one because I wanted to test and see what food were affecting me. My original bot…

Started by boyordy

4 Jun 1, 2013
Reply by guitarnut

X-ray effect on insulin

Do the X-rays from the X-ray machine that carry on luggage goes through in the airport damage insulin?

Started by Tracy

3 May 25, 2013
Reply by jrtpup

Calculating factors and ratios

Am I the only one here who didn't get any help during the D education in calculating all that important stuff? I got answer that since I am…

Started by Tabacblond

43 May 19, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

Things the endo & nurse didn't tell me

I just found out from the pharmacist that both my insulin pens (Humalog and Lantus) expire after a month and that I should throw them out a…

Started by BeatriceC

10 May 15, 2013
Reply by meee

Newly Dx LADA

Hi all This my first post..yeahhhh me. Finally figured out how to.I have chatted once..still trying to figure that out. Lol Well anyway her…

Started by Lotus

9 May 15, 2013
Reply by Lotus

What is the "honeymoon" period? And a question

I was diagnosed April 8, so it has only been a month. My BG has gone from 450-500 to 100-110. I take 3 units of Humalog before meals and I…

Started by BeatriceC

9 May 10, 2013
Reply by Stemwinder (Gary)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service