New to Diabetes? (919)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Starving Kid

Hello Everyone..... My name is Amanda and my son , Jake, (8) was diagnosed this past Monday with T1D.... Needless to say I am extremely ove…

Started by Jake's mom

12 Jul 22, 2013
Reply by Jake's mom

Abbreviations?

OK. I know what A1C is, and I know what BG's are. But what are bolos? A few people mentioned those. I am not sure I spelled it right. Thank…

Started by BeatriceC

11 Jul 21, 2013
Reply by David (dns)

Lexi is Lying about BS!!!!

Good afternoon all. I am a 30 year old step mom to 4 sisters! One of them is 8 year old Alexis and at the age of 5 she was diagnosed w/Type…

Started by Lexi's Step Mom

28 Jul 13, 2013
Reply by Spock

High Sugar

My blood sugar 30 day average is 366 and my doctor just says add 2 units of Levimir and it will start heading down I'm at 94 units at night…

Started by Tinman17

149 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by Terry

Does it get better?

Hello to anyone reading, On 6/5/2013 at around 7:00am in the morning I was diagnosed with Diabetes. Since that day I have experiened every…

Started by Chuck Banks

4 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Cinderfella

April 26, 2013

A week before, I had a routine check-up with my doctor. She asked if I worked out, yes. Asked if I ate healthy, yes. Asked if I drank enoug…

Started by Sara

6 Jun 24, 2013
Reply by Sara

The big picture

After all the support, and medical attention there is something else. Being an individual with good morals and a hardworker i can't help bu…

Started by Chuck Banks

22 Jun 13, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

6/6/2013

I woke up, jumped in my new Honda Accord Coupe that any 27 male would love to able to own. I drove to my parking lot hopped on the train an…

Started by Chuck Banks

36 Jun 12, 2013
Reply by julez_79

First day back at work

Feel nervous, avoiding the questions etc...Overwhelming

Started by Chuck Banks

7 Jun 11, 2013
Reply by Ren

Introduction

Hi, I'm Suzanne and I've been officially pre-diabetic for a little over 3 months. A1C was 5.8 in February and 5.7 at the end of May. I've b…

Started by Cacomistle

19 Jun 9, 2013
Reply by Cacomistle

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service