New to Diabetes? (916)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

question

how many sugar grams should we have in one meal? I don't know if anyone has ever told me.

Started by kathleen thornton

18 Jun 2, 2008
Reply by Curlzzz2002

Former (Really Former) CBC & EPJ Staff

I was searching for photographs of former CBC staff member Lisa Kenney and came upon this webiste. Dierdre Madden, how are you! Who from th…

Started by Lisa Reavill Wheeler & Rick Wheeler

4 Jun 2, 2008
Reply by Robin Siedman

Hb1Ac does not match your meter reading?

If your recent Hb1Ac test reading comes higher than your meter reading than chances are your post meal 3 and 4 and 5 hours number are much…

Started by A

1 May 29, 2008
Reply by Kristin

New here -- an introduction and of course questions.

Hi, I'm Julie, and I am a brand spanking new Type 2. I have had GD with 3 pregnancies, was diagnosed as prediabetic before last pregnancy,…

Started by Glassjules

1 May 29, 2008
Reply by Doris D

Don't understand the highs and lows sometimes

I am relatively new to this. Found out at Christmas, cut practically all carbs, got my readings down to an average of 86 and lost 50lb. I t…

Started by Mary-Anne

6 May 28, 2008
Reply by Doris D

Search Kindly. Go to link and choose Diabetes Research Institute, then hit SUBMIT. Please vote every 8 hours through Sunday

Beginning Sunday, May 18, and ending Sunday, May 25, the Diabetes Research Institute Foundation will be among the top six finalists competi…

Started by Jan

1 May 25, 2008
Reply by Lynda

I am h aving trouble getting my blood sugar count down

Hi I am new and thought someone out there must have suggestions on getting blood sugar down . . . any suggestions would be helpful.

Started by Evvy

5 May 24, 2008
Reply by Sweeter Cherise

What have you learned about yourself, since being DX w/ diabetes? What has it taught you?

I know we have all had our ups and downs with being a diabetic; no matter what type you are. We always talk about the negative things assoc…

Started by Sweeter Cherise

24 May 19, 2008
Reply by saundra barragan

Toprol Blood Pressure Medication

I was informed this month by a new Endocronologist that Toprol blocks the nerves that detect low blood sugar reactions. My wife works in a…

Started by Steve

2 May 19, 2008
Reply by saundra barragan

Job Requirements

I was in an interview for a job at my place of employment and I was asked if my insulin pump would be a factor in being able to do the job.…

Started by Jeff Persch

1 May 16, 2008
Reply by Katie I.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service