Things Are Changing!

The migration of TuDiabetes has begun

Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.

Read about the migration and see images of the new site!

Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,776)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Clinical Trials

"Meee" shared this study with me, link below. Anyone else heard anything about it? Like most I suppose, I so just want a cure, not more bio…

Started by Sarah

0 11 hours ago

Bubbles in Tubing

Hi All, So I restarted my Revel Pump yesterday. Have been high most of yesterday and through the night 200's. We started low basal rate so…

Started by Sarah

21 yesterday
Reply by irrational John

Dexcom creating anxiety?

I am relatively new to dexcom. I use it with my new animas vibe. I have never felt so stressed, overwhelmed and anxious about my type one d…

Started by Michelle

28 on Tuesday
Reply by Linny

Lows and how to treat them

I was wondering how everyone deals with a low. Do you eat a certain amount of carbs and wait for it to come up. I'm having really bad lows…

Started by Alisha

40 on Tuesday
Reply by Linny

When do you think you "got" diabetes?

Since being diagnosed with T1D 2 months ago, I've started looking back on my life and wondering when I actually "got" diabetes. Sure, there…

Started by KBJ86

9 on Tuesday
Reply by Linny

Time for a new endo?

Hi all, I wanted to get the community's advice on the situations with my endocrinologist. I was diagnosed with T1 21 years ago. I've been g…

Started by Jacque

7 on Tuesday
Reply by Brian (bsc)

insulin sensitivity

i recently split my levemir to 2x daily 11 units split 2x and found that iv become sensitive to novorapid insulin and need to inject less n…

Started by static192

1 Apr 12
Reply by brboyer

What's a good diet to lose 10 pounds fast?

So...my friend who was recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes says her doctor thinks she could stand to lose 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms); he…

Started by Alicia

3 Apr 11
Reply by Arshag

Bolus for Protein

Does anyone bolus for protein? I need to do this now. My endo told me, basically, the only thing a type 1 can eat without an increase in bl…

Started by Sarah

26 Apr 10
Reply by Marie

cgm placement

Just wondering if anyone has noticed decreased accuracy on the dexcom sensor based on placement? I'm trying my upper arm for the first time…

Started by kris39

14 Apr 9
Reply by sarah

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service