Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,686)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I want one

But not available in the US??!! http://www.medgadget.com/2014/09/abbott-freestyle-libre-flash-continuous-glucose-monitoring-system.html

Started by Karen

115 1 hour ago
Reply by jjm335

New video on T1D in the New York Times

I am wondering what other people think of this video. I am going to withold my opinion for the moment as I'd like to get an independent rea…

Started by HPNpilot

65 1 hour ago
Reply by ryryguy392

Fast resting heart rate, anyone?

Hey guys I went to my endo last week, and she was worried for my resting heart rate. My average is 105 bpm. I have in the past taken multip…

Started by Lemonz

13 8 hours ago
Reply by Jen

Type 1 and new drug Jardiance

Hi folks! So today at my endo appt she wanted me to try a newly approved med for T2 called Jardiance. You can read about the announcement H…

Started by Dan P

7 8 hours ago
Reply by guitarnut

Anyone had low potassium in bloodwork?

Hi folks, I just had some regular bloodwork come back with mild / moderately low potassium level. The doc said I should eat more potassium-…

Started by Mentha_piperita5

6 13 hours ago
Reply by meee

How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

I seem to be a compulsive "tester".....I was just wondering if I am "out there" on how many Test Strips I use. I will say about 400-500 a m…

Started by Robyn

590 15 hours ago
Reply by Roy

Hypos during Exercising

Hello All, I have recently been diagnosed with T1. I'm an avid cyclist and ride to work most days. About 25km each way. My Endo has encoura…

Started by Shoehorn

56 16 hours ago
Reply by mohe0001

PCOS And Metformin

I have Type One Diabetes and I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I have an appointment in a few weeks with my gyno to figure out what…

Started by Emily

0 16 hours ago

PCOS And Metformin

I have Type One Diabetes and I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS. I have an appointment in a few weeks with my gyno to figure out what…

Started by Emily

0 16 hours ago

Hypoglycemia and sudden need for less insulin

Hi, everyone. This is my first post on here and I'm not really sure where to start. I'm 24 years old and have been a Type One Diabetic for…

Started by Emily

10 16 hours ago
Reply by Emily

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service