Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,492)

Featured Discussions

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

WHAT DOES INSULIN SMELL LIKE TO YOU?

I was talking to a few peeps about this some say it's an awful smell some think it is pleasant. Just about everyone has something else they…

Started by TimothyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

diabetes type 1 or 2 - how does it matter -

Hi everyone, Please excuse my lack of knowledge: I am over 50 years old and new to insulin and was told by my endo to use insulin, does it…

Started by lh378

5 3 hours ago
Reply by JustLookin

HIGH BG with Insulin, Metformin and Invokana

Hi all! I've been a T1 for the past 14 years and always managed good control, my last A1c was 7.0. I'm on a t:slim pump and wear a Dexcom r…

Started by mmr5020

12 9 hours ago
Reply by 2hobbit1

Humalog between meals...........Blood Ketone testing

I was told by Endo not to take Humalog before bed for a high BG or between meals...However, when I am high and cannot correct and only eat…

Started by Ree

50 11 hours ago
Reply by 2hobbit1

Need advice

Hello there. I have been a paradigm pump user for the past 5 years and do not love the system for many reasons. For example, the Paradign a…

Started by Fabio Esteban

2 13 hours ago
Reply by Brunetta

Diabetes Sentry

Hi, I am a volunteer at my local hospital's Diabetes Education Center and as a type 2 that has not yet needed to move to insulin, I can not…

Started by Alan Sparling

0 17 hours ago

Keeping blood sugar under 140

So I've read that to have tight control you should keep your BS under 120 after eating and never above 140. Since I want to get pregnant so…

Started by JmeCoakFarmer

3 19 hours ago
Reply by Zoe

unhulled hemp as a grain

Hey yall - Just wanted to let you know I found you can eat hemp as a grain, and unhulled hemp is very affordable (sort of like quinoa). Tra…

Started by Sam F

9 yesterday
Reply by Sam F

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

197 yesterday
Reply by Francine

Donut Hole

Two years ago BCBS stopped covering my insulin in December. Last year it was in late October. Today I was told by my pharmacy that this was…

Started by David Yoder

3 yesterday
Reply by DFresh

Are you the chosen one? ... Type 1, that is.

I just want to know who here is like me and is the first and only known Type 1 in your entire family. I'm talking you have no known diabet…

Started by dino

618 yesterday
Reply by John11

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service