Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,605)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Type 1 Diabetes and Metformin

Hello All! I was wondering if there was anyone out there with type 1 and on metformin. Obviously insulin as well! My glucose levels and we…

Started by Jessica the Type 1 Dietitian

4 7 minutes ago
Reply by Christopher

Diabetes as a force for good

I think we can all agree that diabetes is, quite literally, a pr!ck of a thing. No one wants it and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Howeve…

Started by Pulli

47 17 minutes ago
Reply by Christopher

Anyone have success on Weight Watchers?

Morning all! Just wondering if anyone has had any success losing weight with weight watchers? i tried it once before and all of the point c…

Started by AlexaBug

11 21 minutes ago
Reply by sdkate

LCHF help!

Hi all! I have recently started back with Dr. Bernstein (due to terrible blood sugar and care factor over a long period)- I find this work…

Started by Kathleen

23 42 minutes ago
Reply by Tamra

Celebrities with complications?

I've had Type 1 for 30 years and am facing my first complication with some early kidney disease. Are there any Type 1 celebrities willing t…

Started by angivan

21 1 hour ago
Reply by elizabetta

Infusion Set Site: Blood Beneath

So I have the tandem insulin pump and currently have a cannula attached to my left side. Today I noticed there is a bit of blood seeping in…

Started by DFresh

10 1 hour ago
Reply by elizabetta

Pump Protocal at TSA Screening--what do you do?

So pump users, what do you do? I have been traveling a lot for work, and will not go through the new security machines. MiniMed told me tha…

Started by Spock

36 1 hour ago
Reply by elizabetta

My biggest insulin pen fear!

Hey all, I'm a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic aged 17, meaning that i still go to school. My biggest fear is giving myself an insulin shot…

Started by Adele

21 2 hours ago
Reply by niccolo

Reflections on starting a pump and related issues

I recently started pumping for the first time. I figured writing about my experience might help others navigating the process, plus provide…

Started by niccolo

3 2 hours ago
Reply by niccolo

Is it worth buying an insulin pump???

i am a newly diagnosed type 1 diabetic and is wondering whether an insulin pump is worth buying, being so expensive I'm just curious yo hea…

Started by Adele

14 9 hours ago
Reply by Brian (bsc)

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service