Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,364)

Featured Discussions

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

WHAT DOES INSULIN SMELL LIKE TO YOU?

I was talking to a few peeps about this some say it's an awful smell some think it is pleasant. Just about everyone has something else they…

Started by TimothyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pump to injections / Keto diet & CrossFit

Hi all, This is my first post on tudiabetes! I wanted to get some feedback on a few different topics, hence my 'jam packed' subject heading…

Started by Kiwikrystie

8 yesterday
Reply by Jag1

Hypos and not waking up

Hey Tu, long time no see! I have a question and I was hoping someone could give me some advice. I have always had trouble waking up in the…

Started by anagantios

53 yesterday
Reply by karen

moving to Uruguay with type 1 toddler

hi there! I am a mum to a 3 y/o boy with type 1 diabetes. he was diagnosed when he was only 9 months old, so it is not new to us anymore. P…

Started by econica

3 yesterday
Reply by Dave Davis

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

155 yesterday
Reply by Amanda211

Does the medical team at your local ER know how to care for Type 1 patients?

My PCP sent me to the emergency room last week. I was wondering how other ERs care for Type 1 patients - especially when the apparent reaso…

Started by Marypat

24 on Wednesday
Reply by Marypat

WHAT DOES INSULIN SMELL LIKE TO YOU?

I was talking to a few peeps about this some say it's an awful smell some think it is pleasant. Just about everyone has something else they…

Started by Timothy

52 on Tuesday
Reply by Glen

Experience Switching to Paleo Diet

Disclaimer: I am not preaching or saying this is what you should do even though it has been very helpful for controlling my sugars. I just…

Started by DFresh

9 on Tuesday
Reply by Buckley83

Any research about onset after pregnancy? not gestational

Hi all! I still can not find closure with diabetes, trying to find answers :) (DX Nov 2012, age 33. My BG was checked during pregnancy all…

Started by Tabacblond

5 on Monday
Reply by rick phillips

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by Melitta

35 on Monday
Reply by Brunetta

A1C in the 4s

If your A1C is in the 4s please tell me how you achieve that. True T1s only.

Started by Helmut

155 on Monday
Reply by Brunetta

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service