Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,724)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

insulin to carb ratio

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's insulin to carb ratio? I inject 1 unit of insulin for every 5 grams of carbs

Started by Raven Hughes

31 13 minutes ago
Reply by Mia

MCAT snacks

Hi everyone! New to the group-I'm a premed undergrad and gearing up to take the MCAT in a little over a month. Wondering if anyone here ha…

Started by Colleen

10 22 minutes ago
Reply by meee

Infusion Sites on Pump

I was just reading a post about a pumper taking a pump vacation due to poor absorption, scar tissue from pump. So, those who have been pump…

Started by Sarah

2 3 hours ago
Reply by karen

Diabetes and pot?

I've been really enjoying starting discussions on here, this is really nice :) I figured, since it's legal in a few places now and people a…

Started by Raven Hughes

8 10 hours ago
Reply by Mr. PinCushion

New video on T1D in the New York Times

I am wondering what other people think of this video. I am going to withold my opinion for the moment as I'd like to get an independent rea…

Started by HPNpilot

301 12 hours ago
Reply by mohe0001

healthy snack ideas?

Does anyone have any low carb easy snack ideas? What do you buy at the store when you want snack foods? I've been munching on granola latel…

Started by Raven Hughes

15 yesterday
Reply by CatLady06

Anyone from Washington?

Hey everyone :) any of you from good ol Washington state? I don't know many other diabetics here. (Go Hawks) ;)

Started by Raven Hughes

16 yesterday
Reply by Aitrus72

Inhaled insulin for sale in USA by prescription

It's available. What will the cgm graph look like? Let's say bolus wizard says to take 4 units to correct a high. Inhale and within 20 minu…

Started by Aaron

79 yesterday
Reply by Sam

Cortisone Shots While T1D

I have rheumatoid arthritis as well as T1D, and while it's better now than it's ever been it's nonetheless still aggressive. Lately one elb…

Started by Eucritta

18 yesterday
Reply by elizabetta

Getting it off my chest

My son's dx was extremely difficult for me. To say I didn't take it well is an understatement. I have wanted to write a book about it for a…

Started by Jennifer

4 yesterday
Reply by Jan

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service