Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,628)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heading into the light soon!!

JOY To The World! Happy Winter Everyone – Tis the season to be jolly!! I am more likely to offer up some folly and fun. It’s too early. I n…

Started by karen

1 4 hours ago
Reply by Terry

Anyone else suffer from this?

If my blood sugars are not spot on, I am very unsteady with my walking and my speech. So.........this happens every time I eat. It is makin…

Started by Karen

13 5 hours ago
Reply by Karen

Any type 1s taking INVOKANA?

Hi are there any T1s taking INVOKANA in addition to their insulin?

Started by Playthebanjo

38 7 hours ago
Reply by Piscesyin

Infusion Sets (Luer Lock)

I have been using Inset and Inset 30 infusion sets because that's what is recommended with my pump, but I really don't like either one. The…

Started by Denise

6 10 hours ago
Reply by Kittywolf

Medtronic's newest pump

Did you see Medtronic has a 640G coming out 12/2015? I'm so excited that it finally has a new updated screen! And, just in time for my upgr…

Started by Sportster

2 13 hours ago
Reply by Sportster

Bolus after meals

So, I'm having way too many lows, still. some getting bad, 40's. I'm down to 3u am + 3u pm levemir and I'll probably end up at 4 - 5 total…

Started by Sarah

18 on Tuesday
Reply by Dave

Honeymoon period

Hey all, i am writing this post after just having my lowest low so far( newly diagnosed) so 2.4 is a big deal for me....anyway i was told a…

Started by Adele

14 on Monday
Reply by Sarah

No Signs of Low Blood Sugar

I have had type one diabetes for 6 years now. My blood sugar doesn't go low very often but when it has I have always felt the symptoms. The…

Started by Christina

5 on Monday
Reply by Sensorium139

Type 1 Diabetes and Metformin

Hello All! I was wondering if there was anyone out there with type 1 and on metformin. Obviously insulin as well! My glucose levels and we…

Started by Jessica the Type 1 Dietitian

11 on Friday
Reply by Terry

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by Melitta

238 on Friday
Reply by artwoman

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service