Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,745)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are air bubbles harmful?

I was wondering about the air that goes into the body when injecting insulin or when using the pump, we do our best to remove it before inj…

Started by Ahmad

5 Dec 16, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Any Diabetics Also On Dialysis??

Hi all. Well I am 30 years old, have been a Type I Diabetic since the age of 16. I've been on Dialysis now for a little over 9 months. I h…

Started by Chris Ullger

3 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by Chris Ullger

New article that promises and end to shots?

http://www.smartplanet.com/people/video/nanotechnology-to-end-insulin-injections-for-diabetics/370926/ Let me know what you think?

Started by Ron

13 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Marps

Question: Silhouette site changes

Hello, Everyone! We recently changed Elisabeth from the Medtronic Quik-set to the Silhouette. She was having some trouble with the end of t…

Started by Jessica05

10 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Jessica05

Pumps and Highs

I have been on the mini med pump for 1 1/2 years to prevent many hypos. but now I find that my A1C which was 6.3 is now 7.8 and I need sugg…

Started by robert Segal

8 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Betty J

Long Term Diabetics

I am new - joined 12-12-09 and already have had some welcome responses. Here is a condensed version of my upcoming 5,000+ word story of a 4…

Started by Donald H. Jones

5 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Marps

Best Insulin Daily Carry Case?

I need to carry my fast acting insulin pen, the pen needles, the meter etc on a daily basis and I use different carry cases for that. I nee…

Started by Aysha S.

13 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by Bailey

Do any of you split Lantus?

I inject 22 units of Lantus every morning around 6-6:30. I have noticed it doesn't last the full 24 hours. I find that before dinner it we…

Started by linda

31 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by Robyn

OPEN ENROLLMENT!

It's that time of the year and employers are encouraging there employees to enroll in insurance benefits. What I have notice in recent yea…

Started by DARGIRL

0 Dec 13, 2009

Oral Insulin Spray (Generex Oral-lyn)

Wonder if this oral delivery method has less preservatives than injected insulin. It would be an answer to absorption issues & scar tis…

Started by Gerri

2 Dec 13, 2009
Reply by Gerri

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service