Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,562)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nightmare on my Street!

This morning I woke up to find the little toe on my left foot infected . I've feared foot problems from the first day of finding out I was…

Started by Joe Dennis

17 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Gerri

DIABULIMIA

diabulimia is not officially coined a term in the medical world, but it is used to describe when diabetics, usually type ones omit their in…

Started by Kristen Rose

21 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Baby Tee

A1C issues

Well this week I had a wake up call and frankly I am puzzled. For years, my A1C has been a pretty steady 6.0 to 6.3. i do not even remember…

Started by rick the "Blogabetic"

18 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Michelle Hughes

the complications of complications (recent trip to ophthalmologist)

perhaps this is an unpopular subject in these forums. perhaps i'm just avoidant and don't want to think that complications from diabetes ca…

Started by Tziporah

1 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Kelly Rawlings

I feel like crap! (and need some support)

I saw a new endo on 10/20/09. This is the first endo I have seen in....well, years. I was under the care of my pcp and I promised myself th…

Started by Beth

15 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Jan

Humalog or Humulin U500

Hi there, I am a new pumper. I seem to be exhibiting signs of extreme insulin resistance. I am desperately seeking any Canadian who is curr…

Started by Mic Amos

2 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Cynthia F.

need help with basal rate changes!

Hey all- I've recently been fiddling with my basal rates to eliminate a nasty spike in morning blood sugar. Trouble is, it seems to goes f…

Started by lane jaeckle santos

7 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by lane jaeckle santos

Diabetes (Free) Dreams

The other morning I woke up after a particularly vivid dream, and it occurred to me that diabetes was nowhere a part of it. It was nothing…

Started by Tom Goffe

18 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Tom Goffe

sick day/insulin resistance from hell

So, I've been having my usual through the roof stress at work (actually, probably more than usual) and haven't been getting enough sleep, w…

Started by Dov

12 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

CAMP NYDA

Did you ever go to CAMP NYDA In Burlingham New York? If so please get in touch with some old friends on facebook search Camp NYDA or send e…

Started by Kim McCue

0 Nov 3, 2009

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service