Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,526)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Insulin Pens/Proper Usage

I am asking for advice for a member on TU. Can somebody please explain the proper procedure for using a Insulin Pen? From the time it is op…

Started by Robyn

9 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Brad Ringer

Bionic Woman???

Do we rely on technology too much? The other day I pulled up to my dads work one of his privates bent down to talk to me and he made the co…

Started by Emily Whiting

25 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Unicornzzz

Vertigo

I have had vertigo constantly for the last 3 months or so. My GP has given me tablets and they have worked for a while but the last two day…

Started by Dee

2 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Cathy

Most carbs you ever had in a single meal?

Today I had the largest carb meal I have had since taking control of my diabetes and getting on the pump. I bolused for 85g of carb which i…

Started by Suzanne

26 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Dan W.

Highest Waking Number

What is the highest number you ever woke up to? Mine so far is 153 (this morning actually), and it was very uncomfortable.

Started by NyJonesy26/Ken

16 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by John Smith

Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution and The Diabetes Diet

Does anyone have any reviews on Dr. Bernstein's books: The Diabetes Solution and The Diabetes Diet? I am interested in buying these but wou…

Started by Troy K. Childers

9 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Judith

pda/ windows mobile apps?

Hi all, I did a search for pda and then for windows mobile apps, but came up blank. Is there anyone out there using an app (for windows m…

Started by Leann

1 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Cynthia F.

Predicting an a1c with day to day blood sugar tests.

Since i've started my pump my blood sugars have actually risen a bit due to not having any lows, rarely do i ever go above 190 or under 70…

Started by snowangel66

4 Oct 27, 2009
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Do cold Meds make your bg go up?

My son is 8 and he has some unexplained highs, I'm wondering if zyrtec or singular could be the cause.

Started by Kerry

7 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Fat T1s???

Hi all I am a Type 1 and I am fat. Personally I think this is just my body shape. I have lost weight before but have always come back to a…

Started by Smartprofessor

24 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by Beth

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service