Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,681)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reporter seeking your advice for the newly diagnosed for a series of news articles

I'm a freelance medical reporter who writes for magazines, newspapers and various websites about many issues including diabetes and our hea…

Started by Karen Rafinski

32 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by DC Reporter

Dining out

How do you count carbohydrates for a night out on the town for dinner? Do you smuggle a carbohydrate book and food scale in the restaurant…

Started by Danny

23 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Lorraine

Traveling

Hiya, i'm going off travelling round the world in March, to San Francisco, Fiji, New Zealand, Australia and Thailand for four months. The i…

Started by Emma Williams

5 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Chris Sommers

Is it normal for BG to go up after Lantus injection?

Yesterday, V's BG was 70 at 2pm, (after lunch); he had a small snack to correct the low and it was 117 at 4pm - which is good. At 7:00, whe…

Started by Katie Zeller

37 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Holger Schmeken

Give a cheer

My A1C is down to 6.9 I started my pump 1 year ago.

Started by BBach

10 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Robyn

VIDEO GAME FOR DIABETES EDUCATION

I know that in the past few weeks when I was surfing this forum, SOMEWHERE I came across people talking about how it would be cool to have…

Started by Sylvie

8 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Sylvie

Diag with type 1 four months ago and still making insulin. Is this normal?

The hospital never did the type 1-2 test. my dr ordered it about a month ago and said early stages of type 1. They are surprised at how wel…

Started by adam nash

10 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Janet

New Navigator approved in Oct 2009- so what are they waiting for?

http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/ProductsandMedicalProcedures/DeviceApprovalsandClearances/PMAApprovals/ucm190924.htm P050020/S008 10/29/…

Started by Stacey Nagel

4 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Stacey Nagel

Peoples knowledge of diabetes

I was wonder if anyone has ever had the experience of peoples misconceptions about diabetes? Such as when you blood sugars high someone off…

Started by christie

12 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Robert Grether

The Good side of Diabetes.

Sounds strange doesn't it, The good side of diabetes, but for me there is. I use to be a person with a history of drug abuse. I have had an…

Started by Keith221

7 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Keith221

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service