Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,630)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

H1N1 Nasal Vaccine

The good news: I finally got my H1N1 vaccine -- the nasal variety. The bad news: I got home, did a little research, and found out that it'…

Started by Jacquie

3 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Holly Lorenzo

Logs?

Inspired through my *%$%# insurance company that wants 12 month of BC logs from me for getting the pump processed, I was wondering if reall…

Started by Christine

4 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Christine

Labile Diabetes

In the 1940's, when I was diagnosed, the term "brittle" diabetes was used to describe those diabetics who experienced dramatic swings in th…

Started by Richard157

0 Nov 16, 2009

Prescription drug pricing

From today's New York Times: Even as drug makers promise to support Washington’s health care overhaul by shaving $8 billion a year off the…

Started by Olaf R Saugen

1 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Joe_h

Carb restriction diets and Exercise

Not sure if this the right forum, but I was wondering if there was anybody who followed a low carb or moderate carb diet that also did a lo…

Started by Xanthasun

19 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by Xanthasun

Explain to me LADA vs. Type 1 (Not that it makes a whole lot of difference at this point)

A little background -- my mom was dx'd with type 1 at age 17 (40 something years ago). My 9 year old son was dx'd with type 1 at 9 months o…

Started by BrendaK

7 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Type1

Check blood sugar - When is 2 hours after meal?

Everything says to check blood glucose 2 hours after a meal, but when exactly does that 2 hours begin. I typically do it 2 hours after I ta…

Started by Baby Tee

14 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Hollie

How Did YOU Make World Diabetes Day Special?

My family held a surprise get together for me, I was hugged many many times, and I even met another diabetic at random (on the subway). It…

Started by Christine

2 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Christian

Low grade fever/higher BG

So....I've been feeling pretty good lately. I've had a few higher than usual BGs (esp considering my diet as of late) but I was always able…

Started by Beth

1 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Jennifer

Lows in public, without money.

I was recently at the movies with my friends. The economy is bad on us so this friday my mom couldnt give me any money. I took my insulin a…

Started by Michael H. Hampton

41 Nov 15, 2009
Reply by Jacky

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service