Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,745)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Morning Hi

Dear all, I tried my best about controlling my morning hi Bg. I will wake up at 116, pump in insulin 30 min before food sometimes 45 min.…

Started by BEBO

8 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Tim

Wow! My insulin is COLD!

It is extremely cold in WI tonight. Leaving work it was 2 degrees. Burrrr....... I stopped by a fast food spot to pick up a quick dinner. I…

Started by DARGIRL

5 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Fluctuating Glucosse Levels

Does anyone have trouble with glucose levels going all over? Some mornings my levels are fairly close (within 5-10 points) of my target lev…

Started by Lee Howard

7 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

My Medical and Lab Reports From The Joslin Study

My medical and lab reports from my Joslin Medalist Study arrived recently. My lab report showed: Cholesterol-126, HDL-60, LDL-52, Trig-69,…

Started by Richard157

4 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by Richard157

type 1 near union nj

im looking for fellow type 1 diabetics in there 20s neer union nj.

Started by Henry

1 Dec 12, 2009
Reply by tmana

Bad Skin

Hi, My name is Kendra and I use the OmniPod insulin Pump. I have always had skin problems, even when I didn't have diabetes. Now, the OmniP…

Started by Kendra Leclerc

2 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Kendra Leclerc

target hba1c

what is the range that a hba1c should be in? that is, a target without constant lows and diabetes controlling your life each and every minu…

Started by Sophie

14 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by FatCatAnna

Too young for a pump?

My 6 year old son has type 1 Diabetes and has been doing really well with injections. Since starting school things have been tough and we n…

Started by Amanda Heikkinen

15 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Chris Ott

wavesense presto

Is one of the cheapest test strips on the market!!! I saw them today for about 16.49 for 50 strips! That's cheaper then the reli on brand a…

Started by Domo!

5 Dec 11, 2009
Reply by Helmut

Newbie Question regarding BS test strips/meter compatibility

So I'm using a BS meter branded as "Accu-chek Advantage". I've just ran out of testing strips for the first time-- my question is, do I hav…

Started by Robert Grether

11 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Jeremy Steinhart

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service