Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,590)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bad Shot Spots: How to get rid of THE "LUMPY BUMPIES?"

I have two, big knots of fatty tissue on the sides of my thighs. They came from 32separate injections( time sepArations by MONTHS) that I u…

Started by Brunetta

1 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

vent

noticed alot of people saying an opinion in a forum and then getting into an 'argument' because others haven't agreed with the point if vie…

Started by Sophie

13 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

What are your ratios ?

Mine are 1 / 6 breakfast 1 / 10 lunch & supper correction factor is BS -130 divided by 30 I was just curious what everyone elses were…

Started by tyler

18 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Mike S.

Juice

Do you ever have a glass of juice, just because you want to have a glass of juice and bolus for it? Sometimes I just want some OJ with my…

Started by Karen

17 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by rainbowgoddess

Ischemic Optic Neuropathy

Have any of you gotten this or know someone who has this? I went to the opthamologist June 28 and both of my optic nerves were swollen. Th…

Started by Baby Tee

11 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Baby Tee

Crazy blood sugars!

I woke up this morning at 7:30. My sensor showed I was 63. My meter showed 65. I was being lazy and restoring Windows on my computer.... Ye…

Started by Mike

4 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Flu shot=High BG's???

I don't know if this has been asked already, but here goes: So I got the seasonal shot today, and this evening my BG is pretty out of whack…

Started by Di

6 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Carey

Grapefruit and metformin may result in high level of lactic acid

The DiabetesHealth magazine featured an article on the study done by South African University pharmacologist, Dr. Peter Owira, who found th…

Started by Varena

2 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Varena

High BG at school (help!)

I am 13 years old and all of the sudden i am having a really tough time managing my diabetes. I don't know why but the fear of lows is taki…

Started by john johnson

13 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Nanette Stoots

ALCOHOL? HELP?

I just recently turned 21, and you know what that means. BARS ,DRINKING, CLUBS, DRINKING, PARTIES, DRINKING. AHH! I'm a type one diabetic,…

Started by Kristen Rose

25 Nov 6, 2009
Reply by Marsha Krueger

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service