Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,719)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Its like I was just diagnosed.

I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes 8 years ago this January and I have just begun taking the steps necessary to get my health under control.…

Started by Kristen Rose

21 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Robert Grether

Diabetic alert dogs

I have just joined your group and was wondering if any of you know much about Diabetic alert dogs. i volunteer for a non-profit organisatio…

Started by Tracey Charles

5 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Tracey Charles

The Pump: Pros and Cons

Been reading discussions for a while now. I've noticed that some people strongly advice getting the pump going as far as to insinuate its t…

Started by Sanjaka

6 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Stereotyping

I was just in the hospital for an insulin overdose given by my allergy doctor. My endo did not participate at that hospital, so I had to ha…

Started by ThunderOwl

14 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by rick (aka: #blankieboy)

How many stages does the honeymoon have?

Hello, I am bit frusturated over here and could use all the expertize that I could get. I was diagnosed like 18 months ago with T1D, and t…

Started by nilufer

5 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Infusion sets?

What infusion sets are everyone on a pump using... After Smith's Medical decied to go out of buissness I had to give up my CLEO'S! :( Jus…

Started by Emily Whiting

3 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Taylor Moody

Predinisone is NOT good for diabetics!

Hi all- I have to let you know that I spent the past 2 weeks sick. It started as a "cold on Aug. 23 ~ bad cough, congestion, achy, flu-like…

Started by ErinArg

36 Dec 3, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

harashment by indian police

on monday , i with others cyber-cafe owners was arrested by police for not keeping records which were maintained well by all of us,reason w…

Started by ravinder

9 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Avoiding the Diabetic Itch

We ran an article about avoiding some of the smaller complications of diabetes, such as skin irritations and ailments. You can check it out…

Started by Christopher Frankie

4 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Robyn

For Ds on Lantus

I recently changed the time for my Lantus shot form 10:30 pm to 9:30 pm (12 units) and started to get lows. I thought Lantus didn't peak li…

Started by Santiago Jimenez

8 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Santiago Jimenez

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service