Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,603)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Having some issues with Dawn Phenomenon - any advice?

Now that I am getting tighter control, I am really starting to notice Dawn Phenomenon. For example, I woke up low this morning - 50. (This…

Started by Sarah

7 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

How to become an Outspoken Diabetes Advocate

Just wondering if there was any way to become a person that goes to the Capitol and let them know how the insurance companies are treating…

Started by Catherine

10 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

Glucose Tablets bad for fasting?

I have to get bloodwork done tomorrow morning and am wondering if having taking glucose tablets will interfere with the fasting itself. I'm…

Started by NyJonesy26/Ken

5 Nov 9, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

First dose of Lantus tonight! Scared to death!

I've never been on insulin before and tonight I take my first dose of Lantus. I'm scared to death! Will my sugar drop too low in my sleep?…

Started by Michelle Ricci

22 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Bad Shot Spots: How to get rid of THE "LUMPY BUMPIES?"

I have two, big knots of fatty tissue on the sides of my thighs. They came from 32separate injections( time sepArations by MONTHS) that I u…

Started by Brunetta

1 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

vent

noticed alot of people saying an opinion in a forum and then getting into an 'argument' because others haven't agreed with the point if vie…

Started by Sophie

13 Nov 8, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

What are your ratios ?

Mine are 1 / 6 breakfast 1 / 10 lunch & supper correction factor is BS -130 divided by 30 I was just curious what everyone elses were…

Started by tyler

18 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Mike S.

Juice

Do you ever have a glass of juice, just because you want to have a glass of juice and bolus for it? Sometimes I just want some OJ with my…

Started by Karen

17 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by rainbowgoddess

Ischemic Optic Neuropathy

Have any of you gotten this or know someone who has this? I went to the opthamologist June 28 and both of my optic nerves were swollen. Th…

Started by Baby Tee

11 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Baby Tee

Crazy blood sugars!

I woke up this morning at 7:30. My sensor showed I was 63. My meter showed 65. I was being lazy and restoring Windows on my computer.... Ye…

Started by Mike

4 Nov 7, 2009
Reply by Kristin

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service