Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,479)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Helping Hints!

This is a post to hear everyone's single most helpful hint that they've found over the years. Mine would be that since I've grown sick of g…

Started by Christine

11 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

FLU SHOT

I had my flu shot done this morning. Nearly my entire life (since my diagnosis with Type 1 Diabetes in 84') I have always had my Flu shot d…

Started by Danny

63 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Jim

Persistent Symptoms Post-Severe Hypo/Seizure

Hi all, I've had a few severe lows and a few seizures in my lifetime, always during my sleep (when I'm awake, I can tell I'm hypo and just…

Started by Jim

13 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Jim

I love the Omnipod...but there are things I miss about Minimed

I have been on the Omnipod for the last 3 weeks. Huge fan of it, I won't be going back to a tube system again! There are, however, some thi…

Started by David Eddy

10 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

T1 and Early Menopause

Hello Everyone, So, Grave’s disease, TI diabetes, now early menopause….Geeezzz. I’ve read online that it is pretty common for women with a…

Started by Julie

3 Oct 6, 2009
Reply by Jane Mitchell

Weight Gain and Aging

Being a 50+ woman, I am seriously concerned about keeping my "D" in control, and getting my weight in control. I found this article this we…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

3 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Helmut

I finally did it!

I finally did it... I ordered my animas ping today! I'm so excited! Hopefully it makes my life a whole lot easier!!! Elizabeth

Started by Elizabeth

9 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Scuba Diving Guidelines

Someone had mentioned (and I know it's been long-believed) that Type 1s cannot scuba dive. I decided to take a look at the guidelines and f…

Started by Marps

3 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Miri

Statistics

Hello people, I'm doing a research work about Type 1 Diabetes and I'm wondering if any of you can point me to current worldwide statistica…

Started by bipster

2 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by bipster

Will my children get Diabetes ?

I was diagnosed type 1 in february 2005. My children, two sons, were 10 and 8 years old at that time. Nor my parents or grandparents had di…

Started by Nicolas

26 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Nicolas

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service