Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,373)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

novolog verses humalog

can you tell me if you would use the same amount of novolog as the same amount to cover as humalog? Which works better for you with lantis?…

Started by Charlene Leary

12 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Charlene Leary

Insulin Time Switch

I currently take my Lantus Inuslin 2100/9 at nite. Next Monday i begin working second shift (3 to 11). I want to swtich my insulin time to…

Started by Isaac Stephenson

4 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by Kristin

type 1.5???

I am new to this online community, and am still picking up alot of great information on our "disease". But this 1.5... What is it exactly.…

Started by dsg1987

7 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Melitta

Has anyone used the i-port??

hi there i was just looking through the dlife store and stumbled upon the i port. does anyone know how it works? any expirence with it? htt…

Started by dsg1987

2 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Suzanne

CGMs

I had an endo appointment today as it's been just at 2 months since my diagnosis and he suggested that I think about using a CGM to help me…

Started by Elizabeth

7 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Elizabeth

Another Novolog -- Humalog Question

My PCP changed me from Novolog to Humalog yesterday. Wanted me to use a sliding scale. I refuse to do that. I have been bolusing for correx…

Started by Sareln Pupkies

5 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

How low is too low?

Last night I had my lowest recorded sugar 31 on my one touch utlra link. I have hypoglycemic unawarness so at 31 can still talk (a little s…

Started by Lisa Harmadi

2 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Sheila

I don't understand what is going on.

I'll admit, as a recently diagnosed T1 (14MAY09), I'm still in the dark about how everything works, but I'm learning. I'm reading "Think Li…

Started by Robert Hearn

10 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Kelly Rawlings

Counting protein grams

During my last appointment, my diabetes educator said that I should start counting protein grams in addition to carbs to determine the prop…

Started by Janet

3 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Zoe

THE PUMP

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THEIR FEELINGS ON WEARING A PUMP. MY DAUGHTER IS THINKING OF IT.

Started by Charlene Leary

18 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Pavlos

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service