Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,365)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Counting protein grams

During my last appointment, my diabetes educator said that I should start counting protein grams in addition to carbs to determine the prop…

Started by Janet

3 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Zoe

THE PUMP

CAN ANYONE TELL ME THEIR FEELINGS ON WEARING A PUMP. MY DAUGHTER IS THINKING OF IT.

Started by Charlene Leary

18 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Pavlos

Type 1s See Surprise Bonus from Blood Pressure Drugs - Diabetes News Hound

The blood pressure drugs enalapril and losartan, which researchers hoped would also slow down the loss of kidney function in Type 1 diabeti…

Started by Christopher Frankie

0 Aug 19, 2009

invitation to india

hi to all, if anybody diabetic from anywhere wants to visit india he or she can stay at my home , i have arrangements for staying , it woul…

Started by ravinder

0 Aug 19, 2009

little swollen forhead near to eyes on both side, can any body else have?

i have little swollen fothead on both sides near to my eyes , it is not painful, some time disappear, is it due to hypertension medicines i…

Started by ravinder

1 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Flying with an Omnipod system

Does any have experience flying with a pump system? We flew once already while on shots. That was all OK packing all we needed. Now I am c…

Started by Erin Halvorson

4 Aug 19, 2009
Reply by Janet

Do you bolus when you are high?

Hi, I have been reading a lot about corrections after a big meal with a bolus lately....so I have question re this matter as I have not rea…

Started by nilufer

50 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by nilufer

playing football and hypo

in my school year i was very athletic and was captain of school football team. then i bacame diabetic at the age of 15 years . after that m…

Started by ravinder

1 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by John Smith

Lower blood sugar fast

How can i lower blood sugar fast .With out insulin ?

Started by carlos cruz

10 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by Ali

Technical question - splitting Lantus

I've been curious... Many of you say that you take your Lantus twice a day. Do you take 50% of your original dose morning and evening? Or t…

Started by Katie Zeller

18 Aug 17, 2009

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service