Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,525)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

type 1

my little daughter , age 3 years some time ask for water for more frequently, some time urinate , 2-3 times in between 2-3 hours , looking…

Started by ravinder kumar

2 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

You are the Diabetes Diplomats of the Diabetes Research Institute!

Think you got what it takes? Join kids just like YOU - students grades Kindergarten through Seniors in High School who are taking the missi…

Started by Diabetes Diplomats

1 Sep 17, 2009
Reply by Marie B

Disposing of Pens

What do you do with the empty pens? I'm starting to get a collection of them and don't want to do something that I shouldn't with them...

Started by Elizabeth

15 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Elizabeth

How do you rock the pump?

I am wondering if any of you try to make your pump look cool? Its sometimes hard for me to hide the big bulge under tighter clothing. Somet…

Started by Flobotic

18 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by KiwiRox

Worried - Hair Loss

Is it common for Type 1 Diabetics to loss hair. I been losing hair for about 9 years. Now it's noticable. I had my thyroid checked and it's…

Started by Connie

11 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Connie

HELP! Pump is making a strange noise and scaring the crap out of me!

Hey guys- I have an animas Ping pump which has been a godsend since I got it in February. However, in the past 24 hours it has made this o…

Started by lane jaeckle santos

8 Sep 16, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Musings of a Person With an Autoimmune Disease: Anyone Else Have ROSACEA?

I have lived a long time w/ T1 diabetes to find out that the autoimmune issues it brings are not confined to my pancreas:) Seems my reddene…

Started by Patricia

10 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Bryan Acosta

strip shortage

I got a new RX for strips to test 4 times a day, I was in a hurry when I picked it up from "wally world" and didn't realize til I was count…

Started by melody lomax

9 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Where in the arm do you put your CGMS sensor?

I need to find other places to put the sensor. Can any one show me or tell me how to use the arm?

Started by Jenni

7 Sep 15, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

Sugar and Type 1 Diabetes

Is the reason only why the doctors say not to eat sugar is because of BS Level? Or are there other reasons? If theres other reasons, I woul…

Started by Michael H. Hampton

3 Sep 14, 2009
Reply by Kelly Rawlings

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service