Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,630)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scuba Diving Guidelines

Someone had mentioned (and I know it's been long-believed) that Type 1s cannot scuba dive. I decided to take a look at the guidelines and f…

Started by Marps

3 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Miri

Statistics

Hello people, I'm doing a research work about Type 1 Diabetes and I'm wondering if any of you can point me to current worldwide statistica…

Started by bipster

2 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by bipster

Will my children get Diabetes ?

I was diagnosed type 1 in february 2005. My children, two sons, were 10 and 8 years old at that time. Nor my parents or grandparents had di…

Started by Nicolas

26 Oct 5, 2009
Reply by Nicolas

increase in insulin unit, after what duration ?

i want to ask for growing children roughly after how many months , there is need for more units, my daughter aging six years old , is on sa…

Started by ravinder

7 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Help for high readings at morning snack

Hey, Everyone... We're having an issue that the endo/nurses/all of us can't quite figure out and I wondered if any of you have had the sam…

Started by Cobi Campbell

18 Oct 4, 2009
Reply by Suzanne

is there any software ?

i am in need of a software that can keep track of my BS readings and make a graph out of it , insulin amount and other features too . . it…

Started by vinodh

4 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by lev

Special K anyone?

OK, anyone know some secret about Special K that it shoots your blood sugar through the roof? I got so frustrated after going high one mori…

Started by David Eddy

10 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by Suzanne

has any one had problems with broken pdms for the omni pods

my son is fifteen. he has had type one diabetes for 8 years now. wejust got the omni pod in february and we really liked it in june he had…

Started by tiffany

1 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by Cathy

Insulin from ER?

Basically am running out of insulin, by 6am tomorrow I will have 0 units in my pump, which is after 9 hours. Am the one to blame, being bu…

Started by Ahmad

32 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by Kristin

What do you divide by?

I'm taking a poll and would love to know what others use for their sliding scale, what number they divide by. I had to deal with an unbelie…

Started by Tiffany Easter

14 Oct 3, 2009
Reply by Patricia

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service