Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,483)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Hypo Question

My 16 year old has complained the last two days about feeling shaky and light headed at football practice. At first, I thought it was just…

Started by molly hall

10 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by molly hall

BD Giveaway

For those who are unemployed and on insulin injections here is a link to BD's giveaway of free syringes. http://www.diabeteshealth.com/rea

Started by Betty J

2 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Betty J

52 years ....gotta catch up to the rest of you

52 years since 1957. My advice treat diabetes as a lifestyle not your life. I am going for the Guiness book of records.

Started by Jonathan

7 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Jonathan

Much better!

I'm so excited that my sugars are finally getting better! My new endo increased my I/C ratio from 1:15 to 1:12, which makes things a bit ha…

Started by Elizabeth

7 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Leo2

Spoon Theory

I found this site while looking at another problem. The writer has Lupus, another auto-immune disease, but you can insert type 1 or hypothy…

Started by uptowngirl

2 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Hope for the World.

"I hope we will be able to use genetic information to identify people likely to develop diabetes, and have identified the key environmental…

Started by Serin-Tais

3 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Serin-Tais

Can't lose weight!!

So, I have been a diabetic since 1985 and a pump user for the past year. I quit smoking 5 years ago and immediately put on 30 pounds. I hav…

Started by Kelly

3 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Marps

Is it a shot, or a bolus?

For those on MDI; when you take a shot before a meal - do you refer to it by the term "shot" - or the term "bolus?" I called them shots fo…

Started by drewgolden

19 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Marps

Worried by well meaning friends..

Well, I've had a bit of a weekend diabetes-wise. I visited my two best friends and in the evening I was in the kitchen making us all a cup…

Started by Sam Innocent

26 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Tom Goffe

I am pleased!!!

So I went to the Endo today and got my yearly lab results. After 30 years of diabetes my Creatine is only .79...my BUN was 9 and my microal…

Started by Ryan

5 Aug 25, 2009
Reply by Christina

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service