Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,725)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Forgot to Bolus and feeling kinda dumb about it...

The tital pretty much sums it up. I ate dinner around 7:30 then at aprox. 9:45 I thought about it that my pumps 2 hour bg reminder should m…

Started by Leanna

3 Nov 3, 2009
Reply by Leanna

Diabetic Tidbits...My Life...

I do not see my Diabetes as a DISABILITY...I see it as an ABILITY! I do not take part in the Americans with Disabilities Act because I choo…

Started by Ali

0 Nov 2, 2009

Omni Pod or Medtronic minimed paradigm?

I met with my diabetic educator last week and we decided that I will start using an insulin pump to manage my diabetes (because I'm NOT in…

Started by Kristen Rose

16 Nov 1, 2009
Reply by Danielle

Tamiflu Raising Blood Sugars?

Hi Everyone- I am on a 10 day course of 75 mg Tamiflu once daily since Sunday, because my twin sons tested positive for Influenza A (most…

Started by Laura Wood

5 Nov 1, 2009
Reply by Martina Milligan

Good Endo in Chicago?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good endocrinologist in Chicago? I currently see a GP who I like a lot, but would prefer to have a…

Started by Sarah

3 Oct 31, 2009
Reply by Tim

Thyroid problems -- and confusion!

My thyroid has been swollen and sore for about six weeks. By pushing hard, I've had the blood tests and thyroid uptake and scan. Now I'm mo…

Started by Janet

2 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Janet

hello

hello how are you

Started by Clarice Rose Davies

1 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Jessica C

Lantus peaks

Yesterday V went for some tests. (When they removed his pancreas they thought they saw something on his liver - so far everything is fine)…

Started by Katie Zeller

5 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Dan W.

RETAINING WATER?

MY DIABETES HAD BEEN UNMANAGED FOR EIGHT YEARS NOW. FOR THE LAST YEAR I'VE CONSISTENTLY HAD SOME KETONES IN MY URINE. AS SOON AS I TAKE ALL…

Started by Kristen Rose

6 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Teena

Waardenburg syndrome...anyone else have this?

if you have, know of, or know someone with this genetic disorder please contact me asap. ty.

Started by MaryBeth

0 Oct 30, 2009

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service