Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,589)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

A sensitive question to omnipod users...

Hello all! I am new to the forum, and looking for some input from omnipod users. I am weeks away from getting an omnipod, and I have a ques…

Started by Maggie Mountsier

2 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Janet

Enzymes

What causes Pancreatitis and High Enzymes I have been in the hospital for a week now cause of this stuff

Started by Krystle Dawn Stoots

5 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Leticia

constipation

can anybody name medicines for constipation , not effecting kidneys

Started by ravinder

7 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Low 25 BG: I would like to understand better today's EXTREMELY LOW BG episode: please share your symptoms while/during that low.

Hi, I am a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic of 25 years and use an insulin pump. Low Bgs are not new to me but the 2 lowest bgs this year…

Started by Ann M Meyers

14 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by KiwiRox

FREE Celiac (gluten intolerence) Testing Oct 10th at University of Chicago

Just a reminder for those of you who live in Chicago or can make the trek:) They offer these free screenings every fall (500 people tested…

Started by Patricia

4 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Patricia

readings

24 hr protein test volume---------- 2200ml value-------------118 normal range--------------15 to 150 mg/24 hr what are your views on this…

Started by ravinder

1 Sep 22, 2009
Reply by Sarah

Disney

Is airing the ever so controversial episode of Hannah Montana tomorrow. I sure hope they changed some things so it's not so fake and stupid.

Started by MelissaM

22 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Wendy M

actos

anyone using actos and had any problems?? thanks

Started by odie

0 Sep 21, 2009

A Bad Night of Lows

I made a mistake yesterday afternoon, overcorrected a random high of 293 (????) that proceeded a much desired Sunday dinner meal at 4.pm.,…

Started by Brunetta

1 Sep 21, 2009
Reply by Zoe

Sensitivity to bread

Does anyone else here have to take extra insulin with bread? Recently I started to notice that having bread with ANYTHING will send me up t…

Started by NyJonesy26/Ken

16 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by Joe Dennis

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service