Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,556)

Featured Discussions

spouse/family minimizing T2

Hello Just wondered if anyone has had troubles with their spouse/family minimizing your T2 Diabetes? My husband some what acts as though it…

Started by Nancy beneteaiLatest Reply

Largest Global Survey Investigating Early Type 2 Diabetes Conversations Launched by Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company in Partnership with the International Diabetes Federation

Ridgefield, CT, and Indianapolis, December 2, 2013 - Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company (Lilly; NYSE: LLY) today announced the…

Started by Diabetes News and InterestLatest Reply

Type 2 Diabetes TOO is Serious

In light of the BIG news from Tom Hanks having type 2 diabetes, I wanted to expose this slide from a deck presented by an endocrinologist t…

Started by Manny HernandezLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Struggling with losing weight and my type 2.

Hello all I am struggling with my type 2, I have read several books on diabetes, and to be honest they all say something opposite from the…

Started by Debbie Anderson

20 1 hour ago
Reply by Cosumne Jan

FDA approves Tanzeum to treat type 2 diabetes

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/275644.php The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Tanzeum (albiglutide) subcutaneous…

Started by Lloyd

0 yesterday

Oh no.... No more popcorn!

I absolutely love popcorn and mistakenly thought since it is a high fiber snack, it would be much better than the potato chips I really wan…

Started by GailD

19 on Thursday
Reply by Duck Fiabetes

Unsure of Dr's diagnose.

Hello, Just talked to my doctor, because my back is in so much pain since I began taking Metformin 500mg twice a day, But, I also started…

Started by laollis

23 on Thursday
Reply by David (dns)

Meter Results

I have been a T2 for 4 months now. Today I received a new meter in the mail as a result of joining Bayer Healthcare. I signed up for the fr…

Started by debsgsd

11 on Wednesday
Reply by Lois

Reversing neuropathy in type 2 diabetics

I have had neuropathy for 6-1/2 years with diabetes probably for 10 years. My neuropathy is at moderate pain level with small fiber and lar…

Started by cdredbaron10

12 on Wednesday
Reply by cdredbaron10

FDA Approves New Once a Week GLP-1 Treatment for T2

GSK receives US approval for once-weekly type 2 diabetes treatment, TanzeumTM (albiglutide) Issued: Tuesday 15 April 2014, London UK – LSE…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 on Tuesday

Do you notice any difference after eating beans?

I read that beans have low glycemic index. When you eat beans or soybeans do you notice any difference? In one particular study, covered at…

Started by nc929

7 on Tuesday
Reply by Deborah

spouse/family minimizing T2

Hello Just wondered if anyone has had troubles with their spouse/family minimizing your T2 Diabetes? My husband some what acts as though it…

Started by Nancy beneteai

59 Apr 12
Reply by nc929

Kidney Stones

At 6am tomorrow morning I will have Shockwave lithotripsy for a 1.7cm stone in my only kidney. They have advised me not to take my diabetic…

Started by s6954118

15 Apr 12
Reply by David B.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service