Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,630)

Featured Discussions

Tell the FDA What's Important When it Comes to Living with Diabetes

On November 3, the FDA will host an unprecedented discussion between the diabetes community and its senior agency leadership (both drugs…

Started by Emily ColesLatest Reply

Humana project: fourth question!

Humana provides health insurance to nearly 1 million people with type 2 diabetes. In an effort to better understand and support these Human…

Humana project: third question!

Humana provides health insurance to nearly 1 million people with type 2 diabetes. In an effort to better understand and support these Human…

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

End of the High Carb Era?

Some of you may recall Osama Hamdy came and gave us a live interview last July. His recent book and his appearances last year gave a T2 tre…

Started by Brian (bsc)

14 yesterday
Reply by acidrock23

Evidence based review of popular diet aids

Given the strong connection between excess body fat and insulin resistance as a factor in type 2 diabetes, weight loss is commonly on the a…

Started by Vancouversailor

7 yesterday
Reply by Vancouversailor

Allergic to ALL INSULIN

Just recently I have undergone two lots of allergy testing on All Insulin's. The results of the testing have found that i am allergic to al…

Started by PGG

45 on Sunday
Reply by Gail N.

Number of times you test a day....type II

I just got word from Medicaid that since my previous provider wrote scripts for only 1 test strip a day (30) in a month, I can only have th…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

54 on Sunday
Reply by aribeth

starting insulin after 2 years

Hi Well after 2 years, we decided it's time to go to the next step. I have been taking Januvia and Metformin max amounts but my AIC has bee…

Started by Nancy Beneteau

18 Jan 20
Reply by Terry

Can someone help me with the math --- figuring lantus dosage

I take 28 units of Lantus a day --- 2 units to prime the pump so to speak, so this is 30 units per day....30 units times 7 days would be 21…

Started by sdkate

7 Jan 18
Reply by angellc

New study applauds mediterranean diet

It appears that those following the half century old recommendations for a low fat diet if you want to avoid cardiovascular problems are lo…

Started by Vancouversailor

28 Jan 14
Reply by Jeff

Low Carb Dieting

Can anyone help me on how to start a low carb eating plan? To be honest, I havte counting calories, just saying! And I have a large appetit…

Started by sister

17 Jan 13
Reply by curlysarah

What is your approach to managing T2 on diet and exercise only?

I have not seen many discussions on this, so please add your thoughts I have been off medications for three years (out of six) last A1c 6.…

Started by GrassEater

9 Jan 12
Reply by Brian (bsc)

How much time?

In another post people were talking about how much time they use treating their "D". I found that interesting and started to figure out how…

Started by sdkate

14 Jan 10
Reply by sdkate

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service