Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,574)

Featured Discussions

BBC article on T2 helped by eating two meals a day

My husband gave me this link. Don't think I could do it... http://www.bbc.com/news/health-27422547

Started by InfodiggerLatest Reply

spouse/family minimizing T2

Hello Just wondered if anyone has had troubles with their spouse/family minimizing your T2 Diabetes? My husband some what acts as though it…

Started by Nancy beneteaiLatest Reply

Largest Global Survey Investigating Early Type 2 Diabetes Conversations Launched by Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company in Partnership with the International Diabetes Federation

Ridgefield, CT, and Indianapolis, December 2, 2013 - Boehringer Ingelheim and Eli Lilly and Company (Lilly; NYSE: LLY) today announced the…

Started by Diabetes News and InterestLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need insulin/diet help for my father

I've been a diabetic for almost 30 years, on insulin for 1 year. This will be a bit long, so thanks for your patience! My father has been h…

Started by merianb

9 7 hours ago
Reply by merianb

Discrimination of Type 2 Diabetics ???

I'm wondering if T2 diabetics feel like people think it's their fault they got the disease? Is there more "sympathy" for people with T1? I…

Started by Kristy S

646 yesterday
Reply by Jane

How did you find out you had Type 2?

I'm just curious to hear how others were diagnosed with Type 2. I think this disease got about a two- to five-year head start on me because…

Started by Kelly

126 yesterday
Reply by Jane

Summer ice cream and carb intake

Summer is here! Yes,Iam happy about that. I count my carbs ,but then am offered an ice cream cone or chips. Sometimes I can't say no. My la…

Started by twinchick

4 on Sunday
Reply by Eucritta

Allergic to ALL INSULIN

Just recently I have undergone two lots of allergy testing on All Insulin's. The results of the testing have found that i am allergic to al…

Started by PGG

34 on Saturday
Reply by PGG

Insulin lumps?

How common are those "insulin lumps" I've seen mentioned on some sites - where a big lump will form around an insulin injection site that's…

Started by Dee

13 on Thursday
Reply by Dee

spouse/family minimizing T2

Hello Just wondered if anyone has had troubles with their spouse/family minimizing your T2 Diabetes? My husband some what acts as though it…

Started by Nancy beneteai

72 on Thursday
Reply by ckeiling

What's in your bag?

This may seem silly, and guys you can bow out if you want, or answer if you will. I have a bad neck and degenerative disc disease in my upp…

Started by sdkate

38 on Thursday
Reply by Linny

Looking for ideas and resources

I am looking for ideas and resources concerning health care. For the last 20 years I have been disabled, receiving SSI and Medicaid. In the…

Started by sdkate

5 Jul 9
Reply by twinchick

Dear friends, I am happy I found this forum. I am diagnosed last year with Type 2 - A1C 6.5. No meds yet..struggling to maintain

Started by Chinni

6 Jul 7
Reply by Alan S

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service