Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,574)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New A1C numbers

I was diagnosed with T2 in late January after being sick and dying the entire month of December and first part of January. I decided to go…

Started by Jeremy

10 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Jeremy

Back from Endo - Glad/Sad/Mad/Confused

Background - T2 for 15 years, most of which spent in denial. Somewhat controlled on metformin, then met + glyburide. 6/08 - moved across co…

Started by Cheri

20 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

Menu planning

Hi, my name is Patricia, I was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a week ago. I am scheduled to meet with a Nutrionist next week, but unti…

Started by Patricia Griffith

23 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

Just added: Ready, Set, Let's Go (a brand new exercise check-in)

Okay, I couldn't think of a better name for this group. It's an exercise check-in for ANYBODY who wants encouragement and support to work o…

Started by Yvonne

11 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Yvonne C.

time of testing

I'm a type 2 currently on no medication and control through exercise and diet. I was diagnosed last June. I have read in various places tha…

Started by Scott

7 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Ellie

Looking for a great Type 2 Endo to co-author already planned book

hi I'm a well-known and widely published magazine writer and author. I have a book on raising a child with Type 1 diabetes, as well as man…

Started by MoiraMcC

4 Apr 22, 2009
Reply by Ellie

Grains Legumes Fruit Veg?

In what combination is the most popular of above for reversing diabetes? Has anyone on here had any success with "Eat to Live" philosophy b…

Started by sandology

3 Apr 21, 2009
Reply by Kristy S

Weight Loss Retreat for T2 Women

I wanted to make you aware of a program that sounds like it could be a great opportunity for some of the members of our site. It is a week-…

Started by Emily

4 Apr 20, 2009
Reply by Blackmajik Womban

Studies finding diabetes drugs not necessarily safe

In my subscriptions the following link to an article I received really got my attention. Three studies have just recently cast lots of doub…

Started by Robert Fenton

1 Apr 20, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Metformin - What's Your Dose?

Just wondering what dosage people are on. I'm on Lantus 2x a day - 20U in am/ 12 in pm. And I'm on 1000mg of regular Metformin 2x a day. J…

Started by Cheri

20 Apr 19, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service