Things Are Changing!

The migration of TuDiabetes has begun

Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.

Read about the migration and see images of the new site!

Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,641)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

perfect number

I went to the doctor today and she took my ac1 and it perfect a 6.1 and i lost 5 pounds. I did this with diet and exercize only and my doct…

Started by Rachel King

2 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

??! Women Snoring result in having Diabetes !??

As what I understood from the below video: Snoring during pregnancy could develop pregnancy diabetes and after that it increases the chance…

Started by Ahmad

4 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Ahmad

Why does my number go up from the time I wake til the time I eat?

Help? I wake in the morning and test. I'm getting a great morning start since adding Lantus to my Humalog. The problem? I wake and test. My…

Started by MeadowLark

5 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by lev

Lactose?

I had read in a IR book that the sugar in milk is naturally occuring and does not affect BG. I have read on this site that lactose affects…

Started by Debbie

14 Jun 10, 2009
Reply by Debbie

bg spikes when you don't eat

Does anyone else have the problem of spiking when you go more than 3 or 4 hours without food. I know it happens at night because of dawn ph…

Started by Jeannie Wagner

5 Jun 7, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Diagnosis – Blessing or Not?

When I was diagnosed this past year, October 2008; it was a pretty big shock - although as I look back, it probably shouldn’t have been. A…

Started by Allen Kimmitt

13 Jun 6, 2009
Reply by Bob Reveles

Being legal blind and diabetes.

Greetings: My wife is legally blind. This summer, she will spend two weeks vacationing with her very elderly parents while I have to return…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

3 Jun 6, 2009
Reply by nel

Chest colds and infections

I have a really bad upper respiratory infection, after my 3rd day I went to my doctor she put me on antibiotics zithromicin and a cough syr…

Started by mearron715

5 Jun 6, 2009
Reply by mearron715

What kind of things, for traveling with diabetes supplies and daily life, would you recommend we buy?

Greetings: My wife and I live in Saudi Arabia but this summer, we will be vacationing in Canada. My wife will probably be taking insulin fo…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

4 Jun 6, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Product called Almased

I got my first issue of Diabetic Living magazine today and there's an advertisement for a product called Almased, supposed to help people w…

Started by Patricia Griffith

2 Jun 5, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service