Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,589)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Filling the syringe correctly for a mixed dose and another question?

Greetings: My wife is a diabetic and I am giving her twice daily injections. I never realized how big my hands were until I held a syringe…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

0 May 5, 2009

Can you make a mixed dose of insulin in advance?

Greetings: My wife is a diabetic and I am giving her twice daily injections. Maybe because it a mixed dose, I am somewhat nervous about put…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

0 May 5, 2009

Glucose monitor question

Hi everyone - I have two glucose monitors (both are OneTouch, just different models). I just realized today that they read about 20 points…

Started by EsMom

8 May 1, 2009
Reply by Nancy

Reporter seeking your advice for the newly diagnosed for a series of news articles

I'm a freelance medical reporter who writes for magazines, newspapers and various websites about many issues including diabetes and our hea…

Started by Karen Rafinski

1 May 1, 2009
Reply by Karen Rafinski

Bone Marrow Biopsy & Type 2

Has anyone had a bone marrow biopsy and how did it go being diabetic? I have a high white blood cell count and found out today that I have…

Started by Elaine

0 Apr 30, 2009

New A1C numbers

I was diagnosed with T2 in late January after being sick and dying the entire month of December and first part of January. I decided to go…

Started by Jeremy

10 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Jeremy

Back from Endo - Glad/Sad/Mad/Confused

Background - T2 for 15 years, most of which spent in denial. Somewhat controlled on metformin, then met + glyburide. 6/08 - moved across co…

Started by Cheri

20 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

Menu planning

Hi, my name is Patricia, I was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes a week ago. I am scheduled to meet with a Nutrionist next week, but unti…

Started by Patricia Griffith

23 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

Just added: Ready, Set, Let's Go (a brand new exercise check-in)

Okay, I couldn't think of a better name for this group. It's an exercise check-in for ANYBODY who wants encouragement and support to work o…

Started by Yvonne

11 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Yvonne C.

time of testing

I'm a type 2 currently on no medication and control through exercise and diet. I was diagnosed last June. I have read in various places tha…

Started by Scott

7 Apr 23, 2009
Reply by Ellie

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service