Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,610)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If you inject into the arms, how about the back of the arms and what about other parts of the body?

Greetings: My wife is still working out the location of the best injection points on her body. From our research, we think that the abdomen…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

11 May 19, 2009
Reply by Kristin

Niastan Medicine

Is anyone using Niastan (sp?). The doc wants me to start but alots of side affectr including raising glucose levels. Starting on an insuli…

Started by marty peters

3 May 19, 2009
Reply by marty peters

Glucose #'s

What should your glucose #'s be after eating? One hour after. Two hours after. I have read two different things and confused. Sounds like I…

Started by Colleen Davidson

8 May 18, 2009
Reply by Kelly Rawlings

Donating Blood

I used to give blood all the time but ever since being DX'd I stopped. The blood bank called me a month or so ago and asked me to donate. I…

Started by Kathy

4 May 18, 2009
Reply by Kathy

Can Metabolic Surgery Revolutionize Type 2 Diabetes Treatment?

"...there is enough evidence that (metabolic) surgery should be considered as an option to endocrinologists in the treatment of type 2 diab…

Started by Manny Hernandez

7 May 18, 2009
Reply by Duncan

Can you take Blood Glucose test anywhere besides the finger tips?

Greetings: My wife takes her blood glucose readings four times a day and her finger tips are getting extremely sore. Her doctors (in Canada…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

3 May 18, 2009
Reply by Jenny

carbs per day

I have recently been diagnosed as having type 2 diabetes. My doctor told me to stay on an 1800 calaroie a day diet. Does anyone know how ma…

Started by Colleen Davidson

17 May 16, 2009
Reply by Gerriann Tobkin

Insulin Dose and Types and question about resistance

I wasn't sure where to post this as there isn't a general forum for all types. I am in the process of trying to learn if I am Type 2 or 1.5…

Started by Zoe

4 May 15, 2009
Reply by Ben Casey

Have any of you had a heart attack?

Hello everyone, I’m trying to learn more about the link between Type 2 diabetes and heart attacks. About half of all people who experience…

Started by Kathryn

0 May 15, 2009

Im 20 years old, obese, and insulin resistant. Does that mean that Im diabetic or going to be diabetic?

To give you some background Im 20 years old and all my life ive basically been the posterchild for childhood obesity. I cant remember a tim…

Started by Jessica

5 May 14, 2009
Reply by Ben Casey

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service