Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,591)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need support and reinforcement to get healthy

Hi I am new to this web page and am looking for support. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in Feb 2006. It runs in my father's family an…

Started by Kim Malone

6 Apr 15, 2009
Reply by Kristy S

need assistance immediately

I was diagnosed in 1983. I have had a kidney transplant ('05), have lupus, COPD and am a severe diabetic. The state will not help me. I am…

Started by Dennis Stover

18 Apr 14, 2009
Reply by Manny Hernandez

Metformin-Time release versus the non time release

My endo added the time release 500mg metformin to my regimen of diabetic meds in January. As he was gradually building me to 2000mg (if nee…

Started by David Shoemaker

1 Apr 11, 2009
Reply by Peter Justason

FDA ask to aprove a new drug .....

Health Science Institude reported;A Danish drug maker has ask the FDA to aprove an injectable liraglatide to be called victoza.Sources say…

Started by Joe Dennis

10 Apr 11, 2009
Reply by Joe Dennis

Byetta Discouragement

I started on Byetta in April of 2008 (I can't believe it's been this long already). I started on 5mcg for 2 months, then increased to 10mcg…

Started by Melanie

27 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Steve Bukosky

Newish to this and we need some help!!

Hello all My partner of 10 years was diagnosed Type 2 in january of this year. His glucose that first night was 247 he was put on metformi…

Started by Aaron

12 Apr 8, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Doctor won't discuss diabetes treatment

I was just diagnosed with T2 diabetes (Feb. '09) and I don't understand my internist's behavior. Her nurse called me at work to tell me tha…

Started by Yvonne

28 Apr 7, 2009
Reply by Kelly Rawlings

Metformin HCL pills

Does anyone else have problems swallowing these Metformin horsepills? I didn't used to have problems getting pills down but these seem to g…

Started by irene

7 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by a walker

Lantus user

Hi everyone, I am new to this helpful site .Since November year I had been on lantus solo star, started with 14 units increased to 18 units…

Started by N.B.

16 Apr 5, 2009
Reply by Manny Hernandez

high dosage of insulin

I wish to thank Anthony, Gerri, Unicornzzz, Estel, Jenny, Donna and Rachelle, who kindly answered my query about the lantus dosage. Gerri y…

Started by N.B.

0 Apr 5, 2009

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service