Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,556)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

afacere

hello

Started by MERISAN IOANA

0 Feb 28, 2009

Sleep and affect on BG numbers

Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences with whether not getting enough sleep causes higher BG numbers? My numbers have crept…

Started by Teresa Reilly

28 Feb 26, 2009
Reply by Mr. Peachy

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

I learned about this syndrome not too long ago and I want to see how it is affecting people who have diabetes type 2. Hopefully learn more…

Started by Luisa Gonzalez

0 Feb 26, 2009

sugar alcohol question

ok, I'm 4 weeks into this life and doing well, all things considered. I'm doing much better than I would have believed with cutting carbs f…

Started by Michelle

3 Feb 25, 2009
Reply by Glucoholic

Study indicates 69 percent increase in number of type 2 diabetes cases in the UK.

On its website, BBC News (2/24) reports that, according to a study published in the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health, the "UK i…

Started by Sohair Abdel-Rahman

0 Feb 24, 2009

Health Engage Diabetic Software with OneTouch Ultra 2 Monitor

Has anyone had the the Health Engage Diabetic Software with OneTouch Ultra 2 monitor sync with a mac using Leopard. I have tried all kinds…

Started by John Emrys

2 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by JerryInPDX

Basal only when BS over 400?

I was just diagnosed. I'm sure there are many more tests in the works. But does that even make sense?!? My doc did a glucose test (not fast…

Started by Diana

39 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

Diabetes application for ipod touch

Hello friends, i tried to search and try to find some helpful application for Ipod touch but it came with a negative reply. Maybe I made a…

Started by Ramon Paulino

2 Feb 22, 2009
Reply by Ramon Paulino

A New Era In Blood Glucose Monitoring????

An American Diabetes Association (ADA) survey found that "21 percent of adults with type 1 diabetes never checked their blood glucose. Of t…

Started by Richard157

1 Feb 21, 2009
Reply by Ellie

Parental history of type 2 diabetes may increase risk for a range of cardiometabolic risk factors in Asian-Indian teens, research suggests.

MedWire (2/19, Grice) reported, "A parental history of type 2 diabetes increases the risk for a range of cardiometabolic risk factors inclu…

Started by Sohair Abdel-Rahman

0 Feb 21, 2009

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service