Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,574)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Genetics of Type 2 Diabetes: A Realistic Appraisal in 2008

I just learned about this: http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/93/12/4633 I wrote to them asking them for a copy of the jour…

Started by Manny Hernandez

16 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Cheri

My Fingers are so sore!!! =(

My fingers are so sore!!!!! I am testing so often that when I touch any surface they hurt so much. Anyone have any ideas. I switch everytim…

Started by Claudia =)

20 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by Claudia =)

Question for those that can't tolerate Metformin

Hi there - I was put on Metformin 6 weeks ago and while it's controlling my blood sugar quite well (I've only had two or 3 numbers over 14…

Started by EsMom

1 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Thoughts on mixed insulins?

I am using 75/25 Humalog insulin, which I guess is a mix of rapid acting and intermediate acting. I take 10units in the morning and 8 units…

Started by Sweeter

2 Mar 23, 2009
Reply by jayse

21st Annual American Diabetes Alert Day is Tomorrow Tuesday March 23rd ( I know, a bit redundant)

Obviously we know all about this, that's why we are here! But.. Sound the alert anyway! — are you or a loved one at risk for diabetes? The…

Started by Craig

0 Mar 23, 2009

blood sugar dropped after eating dream fields pasta

I ate dreamfields pasta with sauce and a meatball for lunch. I also drank a cup of soy milk. My blood sugar dropped in the 1 hour reading f…

Started by irene

9 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

Carb counting?

Hey, I have just started the carb counting. How many carbs do you have in a meal?

Started by Claudia =)

42 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Barbie

Do I tell or not?

I recently started insulin as part of my diabetes management routine. My question is... Do I notify my employer and client of this? On on…

Started by Bob Avritt

6 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Bob Avritt

Can't seem to get my levels to normal

I am new here and fairly new to Type 2 I really dont want to believe I have this crazy disease. I'm 47 and I really hate having to go throu…

Started by Mark Luebbers

135 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Mark Luebbers

Greetings from Seattle

I've been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic for about 8 years, and followed the meds & testing off and on, getting frustrated with the price…

Started by Gunnar

1 Mar 18, 2009
Reply by Gerri

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service