Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,610)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I WISH I HAD KNOWN...

I HAVE BEEN A DIABETIC FOR 6 YEARS. I overcame my own shock of my diagnosis. Learned about it so I could teach family members about it. A l…

Started by 1DebY

13 Aug 13
Reply by 1DebY

Anyone for Bydureon?

Bydureon is time released byetta that is a shot taken once a week. I am about a month into the treatment and would like to hear from others…

Started by Rubidel

4 Aug 4
Reply by Linny

Can Bulimia trigger Type 2?

I have been wonder this for years. At the time of diagnosis of 'pre-diabetes' I was just starting recovery from severe Bulimia. I had been…

Started by jesikabeth

7 Aug 3
Reply by jesikabeth

Anyone else Pumping U-500 ?

I am a T2 diabetic...heavily insulin resistant. I am also a fairly new "pumper". Was doing MDI until about 2 months ago and then got onto t…

Started by Slybrock

1 Aug 1
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Dr. appt. lost 36 lbs. A1C 6.4 (still)--still won't go down--has to be the steroids

Hi all, sorry I've been off the radar lately. Life has gotten in the way--work, family, sick (RA), etc. Anyway, went to endo last Friday. H…

Started by Kate

37 Aug 1
Reply by mary

The green zone:

Last September, I had severe back pain, and find it better to stand up for hours when I use my laptop than sit to prevent a repetition of t…

Started by Steven

0 Aug 1

Where to start? Simple Menu?

Back after about a year, and no farther- although I have insurance for now (until I'm fully employed again)- but almost impossible to get m…

Started by Thurkman

8 Jul 30
Reply by Richard

Need insulin/diet help for my father

I've been a diabetic for almost 30 years, on insulin for 1 year. This will be a bit long, so thanks for your patience! My father has been h…

Started by merianb

14 Jul 24
Reply by meee

Discrimination of Type 2 Diabetics ???

I'm wondering if T2 diabetics feel like people think it's their fault they got the disease? Is there more "sympathy" for people with T1? I…

Started by Kristy S

646 Jul 21
Reply by Jane

Summer ice cream and carb intake

Summer is here! Yes,Iam happy about that. I count my carbs ,but then am offered an ice cream cone or chips. Sometimes I can't say no. My la…

Started by twinchick

4 Jul 20
Reply by Eucritta

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service