Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,151)

Featured Discussions

Affordable Care Act and Pump supplies.

Please ignore if you are not in the States... Does anyone know how the Affordable care Act plans cover Diabetic supplies? I have searched e…

Started by TimothyLatest Reply

Medtronic Announces Approval of MiniMed 530G with Enlite

Minimed 530G with Enlite MINNEAPOLIS – September 27, 2013 –Medtronic, Inc. (NYSE:MDT) today announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration…

Started by Diabetes News and InterestLatest Reply

Pump and Airport Security

For years, I have requested a "search" to avoid walking through the body mage machine with my pump--Medtronic says no, so I don't. I dawned…

Started by SpockLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Food Peak Time?

Question for pumpers... I know that my Carb ratio is 8 to 1 and my insulin sensitivity is 1 to 20 but how do I know when I have a leftover…

Started by LovetoHike

5 2 hours ago
Reply by Dave

Long time pumper, waiting for some REAL advances

I might be one of the longer pumpers on the forum (33 years since first pump, an AutoSyringe AS*6 single basal rate programmed by diluting…

Started by Yerachmiel Altman

10 8 hours ago
Reply by Yerachmiel Altman

Market for new pump

Hey Everyone, I'm currently looking at updating my insulin pump, but there are some many to choose from. I've had a MiniMed about 6 years a…

Started by bmbd104

11 22 hours ago
Reply by Brad

A1C Result and Mornings High

Yesterday I got my A1C result from the lab. It was 5.2..hurray!!!! But wait...today while I was compiling fasting/morning readings from the…

Started by walkingonthemoon

51 yesterday
Reply by Trevs

First A1C After Starting Pump!

Just got the word back from my doc, my A1C is 6.6. To some that might sound high, to some that might sound ok, to me that sounds fantastic.…

Started by ITDiabetic

11 yesterday
Reply by Trevs

Suggestions for explaining pump to 5 yr old grandson

Hi all, New to this forum. Type 2 since 2000. Insulin pens since 2010. Just had first infusion set yesterday with saline until Monday when…

Started by zander

6 yesterday
Reply by curlysarah

Contact detach issue - Anyone else run into this?

Hey hey. I'm new here and haven't gone through everything so this may or may not have been brought up before. Basically, over the course of…

Started by Ethan10183

13 yesterday
Reply by Taylor

Enlite sensor use term

The prior Medtronic GCM sensors could be used up to about 18 days with good accuracy. I have the new 530g with the enlite sensor. I would b…

Started by Phil Christian

61 on Saturday
Reply by Richard P Cosgrove

Insulin pump and Medicare

I'm wondering if someone could help me here. I am trying to get approved for a pump, I am on Medicare. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago a…

Started by Leslie65

8 on Saturday
Reply by meee

Supplies Overseas

I know some of you live outside the U.S. and are American citizens. How do you get supplies and prescriptions? I am checking our healthcare…

Started by Spock

5 on Friday
Reply by Mari

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service