Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,209)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

which is the smallest pump available Ladies where do you hide your pump

Hi I am new to this site and have a few questions I am hoping for someone can help with I am type I 36 yr Got a pump 8 yrs ago Mini med I a…

Started by suzanne kinkle

18 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by Abby

Insulin Pump Problems?

We ran an article on Diabetes News Hound today about a faulty insulin pump that led to the death of its user. You can check it out here: ht…

Started by Christopher Frankie

7 Aug 28, 2009
Reply by FatCatAnna

Pumpers that wanta be ....

Okay I have a question for all you pumpers out there. I am a T-2 with an Ab1-c of 5.8 Dr. is Crazy nuts and thinks this is wonderful. I agr…

Started by Don Kelly

8 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Don Kelly

QUESTION ABOUT THE PUMP....

I AM CONSIDERING GETTING A PUMP...BUT I AM AFRAID IT WILL MAKE MY TUMMY NOT LOOK SO FLAT ANYMORE....ALSO DOES IT REQUIRE ALOT OF MAITENINCE…

Started by Samara

10 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Abby

Great news!!!

Well in May I went from MDI to my ping and my A1C was 8 and this morning I got a call and they told me it was 6.4. Yeah that is so much bet…

Started by Cathy

7 Aug 26, 2009
Reply by Cathy

I want my Lot 8s back!

Since I heard about the recall, sent them my unused quicksets, and received the first batch of the new ones it's been nothing but trouble.…

Started by Pavlos

74 Aug 25, 2009
Reply by chris kennedy

New "pod" developments

Hi I have diabetes (1.5) for the last 15 years and have been on shots all the time. I am now considering getting a pump, because we just ca…

Started by Christine

14 Aug 25, 2009
Reply by Christine

just received my omni pod demo kit!

ok im pretty excited about this kit. i have high hopes for this system. it came with plenty of info and a request form to fill out about th…

Started by dsg1987

8 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Katie Tucker

To suspend or not to suspend, that is the question

If you disconnect the pump, do you also suspend? I was told that I should disconnect and suspend by my CDE and pump trainer. I have read th…

Started by Mike S.

20 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

adjusting basal rates for travel?

Hi all, i was wondering if/how i should go about changing my basal rates--i'll be going to china for 10 days, so about 12 hours time diffe…

Started by Alli

2 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by nel

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service