Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,201)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

To suspend or not to suspend, that is the question

If you disconnect the pump, do you also suspend? I was told that I should disconnect and suspend by my CDE and pump trainer. I have read th…

Started by Mike S.

20 Aug 22, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

adjusting basal rates for travel?

Hi all, i was wondering if/how i should go about changing my basal rates--i'll be going to china for 10 days, so about 12 hours time diffe…

Started by Alli

2 Aug 20, 2009
Reply by nel

occlusions on omni pod

Hello! I am new to tudiabetes, so bear with me! My 13-year-old son has been using the omni pod system for about two years. He has started g…

Started by Elizabeth

13 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

What does actice insulin mean?

I just had a quick question. What does Active insulin mean on my pump? Because sometimes two hours after I ate I'll still be a bit high but…

Started by Leanna

6 Aug 18, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Finally !!!!!

I am finally pumping after months and months of waiting and practicing, thanks for all the help everyone, I am sure I will need plenty more…

Started by Michael Chappell

5 Aug 17, 2009
Reply by MelissaM

Ping Pump or Injections?

Hello everyone, I’m new to this community but I really need advice on what to do for my 7 yr old son who has been type 1 for 4 yrs. His con…

Started by Kendra

5 Aug 16, 2009
Reply by Brandon

Where do you stick your omnipod?

Im just trying to figure out a more convenient place to put it.....

Started by Emily S

2 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Eric Rizzo

pro's and con's of the omni pod system

Hello all, I'm new to the forum/site and am on the fence about switching from shots tothe omni pod system.I was wondering if those of you w…

Started by dsg1987

5 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Eric Rizzo

Animas Ping

Hello- I am fairly new to this site and am looking for info on the Animas Ping. I have been on a MM pump for the past 4 years and am curren…

Started by Jamie

11 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Jamie

9+ hours of insulin delivery after my MM722 showed zero units in reservoir

Around noon yesterday I saw that my MM722 showed zero units left in the reservoir. Usually I change before it hits zero...sometimes when it…

Started by John Smith

16 Aug 15, 2009
Reply by Kristin

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service