Diabetes News Forum (585)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Nick Jonas Launches Type 1 Diabetes Awareness Campaign

Pop superstar Nick Jonas is already an inspiration to the millions of teens and 'tweens' who hang on every lyric sung by his band the Jonas…

Started by Manny Hernandez

1 Aug 6, 2008
Reply by Cara

Millions With Chronic Disease Get Little to No Treatment

The New York Times reports that new research reveals that many people with chronic medical conditions such as diabetes lack access to basic…

Started by Scott Strumello

1 Aug 4, 2008
Reply by Judith

Impaired ankle function seen in diabetics: study

The Health Central news item suggests that all of us are prone to loss of ankle function and flexibility, regardless of whether or not we h…

Started by tmana

1 Aug 1, 2008
Reply by MelissaBL

Indian doctors claim to have a cure for Type 2 diabetes

A friend sent me an article from the Times of India, in which Indian surgeons are claiming to have a cure for Type 2 diabetes. As they say…

Started by Khürt Williams

1 Jul 27, 2008
Reply by saundra barragan

Is Alzheimer Diabetes Type 3?

Apparently so, according to a study published by Medical News Today: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/83872.php Any comments?

2 Jul 26, 2008
Reply by Joe Dennis

Another first for diabetes

Ontario becomes one of the world leaders in type 1 diabetes management TORONTO, July 22 /CNW/ - The Canadian Diabetes Association applauds…

Started by Team Diabetes

0 Jul 24, 2008

Gastric Bypass for non-obese T2 diabetics

This story was on our local news today~ thought it might be of interest.. Diabetes Surgery "Dr. Rubino hopes to begin recruiting for the US…

Started by Kristy

0 Jul 21, 2008

$300 million for Type 1 Research Secured!!!

Just got this from JDRF. This is very important news for diabetes research! If you want to become an advocate through JDRF, fill out this…

3 Jul 18, 2008
Reply by Kristin

8-Year-Olds on Statins? A New Plan Quickly Bites Back

I am personally appalled that this is given any serious consideration. Click the title: 8-Year-Olds on Statins? A New Plan Quickly Bites B…

Started by Khürt Williams

5 Jul 12, 2008
Reply by tmana

ADA Among the LEAST Efficient Healthcare Charities in Existence

Another blogger posted a write-up on this, effectively calling attention to how various healthcare charities are spending their money (e.g.…

Started by Scott Strumello

6 Jul 12, 2008
Reply by tmana

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service