Things Are Changing!

The migration of TuDiabetes has begun

Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.

Read about the migration and see images of the new site!

Diabetes News Forum (653)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stem Cells - Breakthroughs and Restrictions

Very interesting show today in Forum, on KQED (NPR station in Northern California):

Started by Manny Hernandez

0 Nov 20, 2008

Participate in the DiabetesMine Holiday Survival Sweepstakes!

Amy Tenderich from DiabetesMine is throwing the house out the window this coming Holiday season. Make sure to check out and participate in…

0 Nov 20, 2008

Diabetes article

I thought this was a good article this morning on abcnews.com. Now if there were just some good answers to the cost of diabetes..... http:/…

Started by Toni Crebbin

2 Nov 20, 2008
Reply by Kristin

We'll lick this thing soon enough!

Good article about the progression of two new drugs in the pipeline - I know its not the end all be all, but its all about hope. And so wha…

Started by JC

1 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Dov

A Diabetes Vaccine?

Yes! That's what a UCLA immunologist is working on. Had you heard about this? What are your thoughts on it? Details here.

2 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Dov

Diabetes Alert: Insulin Syringes Recalled

Company Recalls 471,000 ReliOn Insulin Syringes Because of Possible Mislabeling and Overdose Risk Nov. 6, 2008 -- People with diabetes who…

11 Nov 19, 2008
Reply by Jess Quijano

Survey suggests about half of children with diabetes have trouble coping.

USA Today (11/15, Marcus) reported that "a new survey indicates those touched by childhood diabetes...seek more support from schools, and a…

Started by Sohair Abdel-Rahman

0 Nov 18, 2008

The High-Fructose Corn Syrup Debate

I don't watch much TV, so I had missed these two pearls: the ads by the Corn Refiners Association, highlighting how High-Fructose Corn Syru…

17 Nov 16, 2008
Reply by Elizabeth

New Video on The New York Times website

I just saw a new video on The New York Times website about a 16 year old recently dx'd with type1, and some research she is participating i…

Started by Marie B

1 Nov 13, 2008
Reply by Kristin

Calling all D-bloggers

Dear bloggers in TuDiabetes: In early October we shared the news we received about the changes in the Diabetes OC. Here is an invite to be…

9 Nov 13, 2008
Reply by Tracy Baker

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service