Diabetes, Sports and Fitness Forum (178)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

training for a mini-triathlon

Hi, Has anyone here (ideally, type 1) trained for a mini-triathlon? I've made a personal goal to do one within the next two years or so.…

Started by Lyrehca

3 Oct 22, 2008
Reply by Joe_h

Excercise? I don't like it . . . but I will dance!

I really hate exercizing and gyms? YUCK! But belly dancing is fun, exciting, and no impact. It is the nicest, most fun way to get exercise!…

Started by Marsha

12 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Sohair Abdel-Rahman

Pedometer Tips

I got a pedometer at the Diabetes Expo last Saturday and put it to use today, to see how many steps do I take during a normal day. So far,…

Started by Manny Hernandez

14 Oct 17, 2008
Reply by Megan S

Starving after 90 minutes of hard exercise

Hey, Any tips/hints? I'm training for the ADA Tour De Cure 100 mile race in Seattle and have been biking, running and lifting at least an h…

Started by Kate Makinson

6 Oct 14, 2008
Reply by tmana

Community Event in Dallas Texas - Step Out

Hey everyone, its me again! Just wanted to tell you about an exciting event I have become a team captain for; Step Out: Walk to Fight Diabe…

Started by Dean Holt

0 Oct 9, 2008

Damn those test strips are expensive!!!

I got a new monitor from Walmart (wallyworld). I got the Ascencia countour from Bayer. With the $50 rebate it was free. But.....the test st…

Started by ken wong

9 Sep 22, 2008
Reply by tmana

How often do you exercise? (poll results)

We just closed the most recent poll in TuDiabetes: How often do you exercise? Here are the results: And you, how often do you exercise?

2 Sep 20, 2008
Reply by Karen

Fitness Social Network for people 40 and over

I just ran into this resource and thought I'd share it: http://fitand40.ning.com/ You can use your same TuDiabetes account to sign up for…

0 Sep 18, 2008

Cardio and upper respiratory infections

Alright, my FP MD thinks I'm crazy but consistantly after 8 or so weeks of cardio (moderate to intense) I get cold like symptoms that put m…

Started by microwave

0 Sep 17, 2008

golf

I have just started playing golf and was just curious to see if there is anyone here that golfs as well, esp. women.

Started by Jennifer Lowe

9 Sep 2, 2008
Reply by Jennifer Lowe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service