General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,352)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Traveling

I was wondering if anyone had any experience for pump settings while traveling in a car. I'll be in a car for 2 days straight, one day 12 h…

Started by Ressy

6 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Ressy

infusion set site

Guys, can someone advise me what I’m doing wrong. I have continuous troubles with infusion set almost every day. When my sugars go out of t…

Started by Denys

11 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Denys

MODY MODY MODY!!!

I had the distinct pleasure of meeting a family of MODY diabetics. I felt rather bad that I didn't know more about the condition but the fa…

Started by Christalyn

2 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Tom T

Can I Trust My Dr? He Feeds at the Big Pharma Trough!

As part of lawsuit settlements, seven of the larger pharmaceutical companies have made public the payments that they made to doctors. They…

Started by Brian (bsc)

68 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Insulin on Board (IOB) - Question 1

I would like to calculate the Insulin on Board (IOB) in our project Glucosurfer.org. This estimate is very useful to prevent the stacking o…

Started by Holger Schmeken

50 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Holger Schmeken

Do You Lie To Your Doctor(s)???

Someone on another site today admitted he lies to his doctors. He says they are very judgemental when he admits he is not doing the right t…

Started by Richard157

68 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by fourpugs

Bayer Breeze2

I'm thinking of getting a Breeze2 meter that has the discs for the test strips. Does anyone have this meter, and how do you like it? It's s…

Started by Nancy

2 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Robyn

Incomprehensible paper

I found this article labeled "Don't control hyperglycemia in ICU" and it stated not to use insulin for patients whether diabetic or not. I…

Started by Natalie ._c-

27 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Natalie ._c-

Type 1 heredity?

I have a friend whoever 8 yr old granddaughter was just diagnosed with T1. There is T2 on both sides of the family and the drs said because…

Started by Knorris

49 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Natalie ._c-

Quality varies in social networking websites for diabetics

I just received this press release from the team we work with on TuAnalyze. It's got some great findings as well as things we can learn fro…

Started by Manny Hernandez

33 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Manny Hernandez

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service