General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,946)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Allergic to ACE Inhibitors

Last week, on Monday, I woke up suddenly at 6am and my face and mouth were swollen about 10 times its normal size, and I was wheezing. I th…

Started by Hairza

4 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Ok what are your complaints about having Diabetes today

Mine would be my cholesterol of 140 not great for a normal person but not considered high, been that way for years now I have to get it und…

Started by Anonymous Jim

10 Nov 24, 2010
Reply by Zoe

TSA forces cancer survivor to show prostetic breast

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40278427/ns/travel-news/   I would like to hear everyone's reaction to these stories.  I find them outrageous. …

Started by mother4peace - Christine

17 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

Rash from Alcohol? Anyone else start developing this?

I have no clue if this has anything to do with diabetes, but all of the sudden, every time I drink alcohol, I break out in a splotchy rash…

Started by laurenc873

0 Nov 23, 2010

Metronic larger reservoir

Has anybody had trouble using the larger reservoirs for a week instead of changing every three days?

Started by Bruce

3 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by Jennifer

CNN says that over 1/2 of Americans will have diabetes by 2020

Nowhere in the article does it mention or differentiate between Type 1 and Type 2.  But the comments are interesting.  Check out the articl…

Started by Elaine

3 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by Anthony Holko

So What is Good Control ?

Ok, so we diabetics are always aiming to have a "good control" of the disease, our family, doctors, etc keep stressing that, but the proble…

Started by Santiago Jimenez

44 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by onesaint

Occupations

Ok folks I know there's an AMA act out there now but I LOVE to see that other's here have a job.(expecially the Type 1's) When I was little…

Started by Doris D

14 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by Doris D

any hope for type 1 cure?

My younger daughter( 4 year,elder is now 8 year old) also became diabetic last month,  i am very confused person now .checking their bs th…

Started by ravinder

1 Nov 23, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Nutrition and Diabetes

Nutrition and Diabetes Nutrition is very important in managing diabetes. Not only what you eat, but how much you eat and when you eat infl…

Started by Michael Hutch

4 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Michael Hutch

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service