General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,892)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Check this out --- heart warming

Please check out this story, it will warm your heart...people do really care about diabetes and kids and adults and diabetes.  About two mo…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

0 Nov 13, 2010

Using a pump, do you use way more insulin?

Mom says the pump was set up by the doctor to continually deliver "units" of insulin. We're down to 1/4 of Novolog. No Rx and no more insul…

Started by dana0804

4 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Unicornzzz

some cool glass syringes.

Have you ever bought an old syringe from ebay?. They have a lot of really old syringes from around the world. I might actually be intereste…

Started by MikeyType1

5 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Leo2

At what point does insulin go bad?

The refridge downstairs has not been working I assume since last Friday ( one week ago) since I put something in there. I had 16 boxes of L…

Started by Craig

13 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Craig

January is Thyroid Awareness Month!

As Diabetics, we should get our thyroids checked often, in order to prevent treatment complications, raised levels of cholesterol, and othe…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

13 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Yogurt

Take 2 cups of 1/2 and 1/2 and heat it to 105. Add 1/4 cup of good non-gelatin plain yogurt. Whisk together, put in a (VERY CLEAN) mason ja…

Started by Lisa

0 Nov 12, 2010

Remembrance Day in Canada! Off Topic but important

A Veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque payable to their country for an amount up to and including their…

Started by HockeyDad

2 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Anthony Holko

Testing blood sugars arm or finger tips?

Does everyone use there finger tips to test blood sugars? I like my arm but my Doctor said no use your finger tips.But it hurts....Any tips…

Started by Diane Faust-Counsellor

19 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by BadMoonT2

Insurance loss

Hello everyone,   I'm going on disability and will not be able to get Medicare Insurance for 24 months. I cannot afford $550.00 a month for…

Started by Matt

13 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by s6954118

where is the weirdest place you found one of your gluclose test strips?

Hi all I thought it might be funny to tell stories of the weirdest places we found one of our test strips at. I had one stuck to my shoe an…

Started by Realsis77

22 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Lucile K.

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service