General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,552)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Neuropathy - Reversing with Complementary Meds. Which ones?

My best friend is a T1 with his diabetes diagnosed at 2 years of age (he started injections at 2 years old, by his mother).He is now 50, an…

Started by Michael Hutch

3 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Gerri

What's the best thing you've taken from TuD?

Most useful?Most memorable?Most impacting?orMost important?

Started by Michael Hutch

1 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by onesaint

HARDEST PART OF THE DIABETIC DAY

What is the hardest part of the day for you to achieve good blood sugar numbers? Is it during the early A.M, before/after breakfast, lunch,…

Started by Danny

35 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Zoe

Work and type 1

OK I work for a international freight company, it is a demanding physical job third shift push heavy thousand +  LBS containers and opera…

Started by Anonymous Jim

4 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by Anonymous Jim

Best portable mini-meter: One Touch Ultra Mini, Ascensia Breeze 2, Tru2Go, Sidekick?

Looking for a meter, lancet and strips you can just fit in a jeans pocket (tight fitting jeans).  Have narrowed it down to Ascensia Breeze…

Started by Jan

0 Sep 11, 2010

What Could Happen?

If I didn't have time to get this "Self Administration Authorization" form signed? I just got it on my school's registration on Thursday, a…

Started by TimmyMac

1 Sep 11, 2010
Reply by David B.

Family&Friends:)

My name is Amalia and I am 24, I have had diabetes since I was 21yrs old. None of my close friends have diabetes, so even if I wanted to ex…

Started by Amalia Alonzo

12 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by kittiecouture

September Is National Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Awareness Month

I just wanted to take a moment to let you all know that September Is National Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) Awareness Month.  PCOS is…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

4 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Lou

Lasix

Does anyone use Lasix? Could you please tell me how long it takes to start working.... Also if anyone can give me any suggestions for sever…

Started by Barbara

1 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Marie B

Dance Out Diabetes - Survey & chance to win $100 Visa card

We just received this from a fellow nonprofit group: Dear Diabetes Community,   Have you ever helped to start a revolution?   Dance Out Dia…

Started by Lorraine

2 Sep 10, 2010
Reply by Theresa Garnero

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service