General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,069)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Symlin

i use symlin pen and i am also on omnipod ..when i use the symlin i get a weird feeling in stomach and i also have to urinate frequently, t…

Started by Germain

6 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Germain

How do you not freak out and over eat when your bloodsugar is low?

Hi,  I know I am posting alot but I am really trying to get a grip on all of this stuff.  I know why my bloddsugar stays uh abnormal...eith…

Started by die die my darling

43 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by acidrock23

diabetic support groups

My doctors office says that people are not really into diabetic support groups, well how come we can't make it fun like dinner with diabeti…

Started by derry

27 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Cara

Merry Christmas - If you can understand this I'll make you an honorary Aussie

Night Before Christmas in Aussie land     'Twas the night before Christmas; there wasn't a sound. Not a possum was stirring; no-one was…

Started by Michael Hutch

9 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by brandi

Ugly Diabetes Equipment

Does anyone know where to get attractive monitor cases and pen cases from? i want something discreet, its embarrasing carrying around some…

Started by grant-ashley

11 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Lila

Another Hug Fest Needed For Our Missy

Tu D members offered awesome support for Missy before & during her previous brain surgery. You all are the best!  Promised Missy we'd f…

Started by Gerri

59 Dec 21, 2010
Reply by Qayoom

Favorite low dose insulin syringe?

So, I got these off name brand insulin syringes that have half unit markings, but I am not fond of the way the markings are on the syringe.…

Started by Baby Tee

3 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Three Wishes for Christmas

A couple weeks ago, the apartment complex I lived in had an Evening with Santa for the kids.  Residents were allowed to invite relative’s…

Started by Kelly WPA

0 Dec 20, 2010

Insulin Image

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/pharmaceuticals/pages/insulin.html   Interesting... I feel a quilt coming on..   HH

Started by Helen Howes

2 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Happy Holidays from Downunder!

Best Wishes from me in Australia!

Started by Michael Hutch

3 Dec 19, 2010
Reply by Pilcrow

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service