General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

test strips

i'm on medicare and medicade .does any one know how many test strips they allow you to get a month  ?

Started by kerri pollack

0 Nov 15, 2010

World Diabetes Test

Hmmm....it's now  2PM on the U.S. East Coast and has passed that deadline in Europe. I don't see a thread to start our posts on, except the…

Started by Zoe

16 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Bernstein's diet and depression?

I am reading through Bernstein's Diabetes Solutions, and have a question about potential depression.  I currently limit my barb intake to n…

Started by Baby Tee

24 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Gerri

How long do you wait to eat after bolus?

I was waiting 10-15 mins and noticed I was spiking.  So I have been waiting 25 mins and my spikes are very limited.  I was just curious wha…

Started by Rich

3 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Tom T

who can inject insulin at school? California state Supreme Court...

I thought this was worth providing a link....http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/09/30/BAG71FMCVG.DTLHere is a news artic…

Started by MikeyType1

8 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by RNJo

Nick-name

What's everyones nick name for your pump, Im trying to come up with one for my omni pod

Started by Josh Winters

0 Nov 15, 2010

at doctors visites

when i see my doctor he will lift my shirt and bra up to listen to my heart is that what he is supposed to be doing or should i report him?…

Started by kerri pollack

8 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Kelly WPA

Let's all pray for Robyn

Our Robyn is going to have a pretty bad eye surgery to day at 5 pm Pacific time, 7 Central and 8 Eastern time. Please send all your prayers…

Started by Doris D

58 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Phill Dill

World Diabetes Day November 14

Want to know more about what it is:listen to the podcasthttp://diabetespowershow.com/DiabetesPowerShow_55.html

Started by Michael Hutch

0 Nov 14, 2010

World Diabetes Day

Today is world diabetes day. Bring awareness to diabetes both good and bad. All the accomplishments that we should be proud of and the chal…

Started by Tony Song / MysugarTV

0 Nov 14, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service