General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,207)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Situations and Questions needed!

I'm doing a workshop with a group of teens and i need some questions and/or sitatuations. what will happen is each teen will get a card wit…

Started by Brandi

1 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

Experience with Kaiser Permanente and diabetes

We're considering switching over to Kaiser Permanente for our insurance policy but I would like to ask anyone who is currently on a Kaiser…

Started by Manny Hernandez

18 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Melitta

Jack Lalanne "The Father of Fitness" passed away!

Gosh I am sure if you are in the US you probably remember this guy! Before Taebo, jane fonda, jazzercise, jackie warner or jillian michea…

Started by Christalyn

8 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Christalyn

COBRA Expert needed!!!

I am having so much difficulty with my old company and the COBRA administrators they hire. My old company hired a new administrator and di…

Started by Christalyn

6 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Christalyn

bolus or no bolus?

i'm a T1 on MDI (lantus/humalog) and i run into the following situation a lot: i check my blood sugar before eating and am somewhere b/w 7…

Started by ultravires

3 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Brian (bsc)

When to check your post prandial

I know to check my bg 2 hours after a meal. But what about about a meal that is low in carbs but high in fat and protein? When should you e…

Started by LiL MaMa

6 Jan 24, 2011
Reply by Brigitte

Tight Control?

Last night around 9:00PM I got out my Levemir pen and prepared for my biggest shot of basal for the day. Suddenly the dogs began to bark. T…

Started by Trudy

36 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by LaGuitariste

Anyone out there like me?

I have an odd story and wanted to see if there were others who have been through this.  I was diagnosed with a genetic condition called con…

Started by Andie

4 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by Andie

FDA says BG tests may be inaccurate in these cases

Did you guys see this link? The FDA says these can cause false highs and lows. I thought it was odd that they said that "Squeezing fingert…

Started by Baby Tee

14 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by Type1Gal

Flu shot? Really necessary or just a precaution?

At 12:01pm on Jan. 17, 2011, Lisey said…Thank you all for your kind words.  Still in shock that my son was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes…

Started by Lisey

62 Jan 23, 2011
Reply by AngelaC

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service