General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,366)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

“Ever get to the point that you ask yourself why?”

“Ever get to the point that you ask yourself why?” It has been one of those years already but at least it should only get better as it goes…

Started by Phill Dill

17 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by Phill Dill

Stupid Paxil

Anyone had that stupid drug in the past? I was put on it 5 or 6 months ago for panic attacks... and now I am trying to get off it. I am so…

Started by Jason Sandeman

11 Jan 19, 2011
Reply by Donna H

Had a good one today

Was getting some breakfast at Waffle House today after work. I guess the Officer 2 booths over overheard me tell a coworker that it was tim…

Started by Anonymous Jim

5 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Dude

Road ID Discount

So I've recently decided to update my old pieces of medic alert bracelets/necklaces/paraphernalia I've obtained through the years to one br…

Started by brownie83

2 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by JohnG

Increase Fat Intake without Raising blood sugar??

Okay so I went to the bloodsugar 101 website to calculate my healthy nutrient levels for my ketogenic low carb diet..here's my results: To…

Started by LiL MaMa

24 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by LiL MaMa

Is there such thing as prediabetic for type 1?

I've been watching the Bret Michaels show and he keeps saying his little daughter is prediabetic and will maybe get type1. He said she has…

Started by MikeyType1

46 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Anthony Holko

Alcohol, Diabetes and Metformin

Ok, I was just reading this dlife thingy about Metformin and alcohol and I am upset. Is this really true? It doesn't say anything on my Met…

Started by KimKat

5 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Hismouse

LIVESTRONG MyPlate D . . . is this a good app?

I'm thinking about using the MyPLate D with a blackberry. Has anyone used this app before? At the moment, I do not use a pump. But I though…

Started by Jason

1 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Jason

IN the middle of the night

Rather strange question We have a very dry house, even when you put small humidifiers in the house, so it is very very dry, which of cours…

Started by Cathy Jacobson

4 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Kari

Why Me? Diabetes

Allie Mitchell: I Have Type 1 Diabetes YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj4C14HC5c0&feature=fvw If you like it, you'll lo…

Started by Michael Hutch

0 Jan 17, 2011

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service