General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,898)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Does your body frame and size matter

What about my size, and frame? I was at 260lbs now I'm 240lbs. I have a medium frame and I'm 5ft 11inch.does that matter when it comes to B…

Started by Lanew

9 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Lanew

Any Type 1 snowboarders/skiers in the NJ, PA, NY, area that want to meet up?

Hey everyone.  I am obsessed with snowboarding and looking for some other people to go with.  I think it would be cool to go with other Typ…

Started by laurenc873

0 Oct 10, 2010

Walmart Launches Humana Rx Plan for Persons Entitled to Part A Medicare or Receiving Part B Medicare

Enrollment period begins November 15h. $14.80 a month, and $2 in store copays.  http://health.walmart.com/RxPlan/

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

0 Oct 10, 2010

What BG level should you be at 1 hour after eating?

Lately I seem to be hitting about 160-170 1 hr after eating and 2 hours after eating around 90-100.  I bolus 15 minutes before eating.  Are…

Started by Rich

5 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Helmut

My Lab Reports...August, 2010

My lab report for August, 2010. I have always thought some members here might think I am a fake, and I cannot possibly have very good healt…

Started by Richard157

14 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Tim

I guess it was for a good cause, but the irony was not so sweet....

I received a tweet from my local police department, earlier this week.  They were having a fundraiser breakfast, today, to benefit the JDRF…

Started by shrek

9 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Emmy

Does diabetes cause a weaker immune system?

Since being diagnosed as type 1 like 6months ago I have had 3 colds.  I usually average about one a year or so.  Is it a coincidence or doe…

Started by Rich

4 Oct 9, 2010
Reply by Zoe

Are there holidays that you skip?

It's impossible to enter the supermarket or the drugstore these days without having to walk past a giant display of candy. I really like…

Started by Frances

21 Oct 8, 2010
Reply by Doris D

How to Treat Minor Wounds

For people without diabetes, a cut or a scrape may be a call for a little cleaning, peroxide, and adhesive bandage. They can typically cove…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

0 Oct 8, 2010

Good deals on ebay for cgm sensers and contour strips

Anyone looking for sensors for a medtronic cgm system should check out ebay.

Started by Daddy K

0 Oct 8, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service