General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,906)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Fingerstick accuracy - Left Hand v Right

I've notice that my left hand fingers give much more accurate and up to the moment blood sugar readings than my right hand fingers.  It's a…

Started by Doug

9 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Kari

food addicts in recovery anonymous

Are there others on this site who have reversed their diabetes type 2 with this program (FA) - food addicts in recovery anonymous)? I did a…

Started by Linsawt

0 Oct 11, 2010

Holy crap!

I'm baking (Canadian Thanksgiving) two succulent pumpkin pies, and I just noticed something interesting.I've always known pies and such are…

Started by onelildustbunni

21 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by s6954118

Interesting article -- LA Times, bisphenol A

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-biomonitoring-20101011,0,6430509.story   See mention of diabetes 5th para up from the end of the articl…

Started by caprifoglio

0 Oct 11, 2010

Glandular fever?

I was diagnosed with it 5 days ago and blood sugars are going suprisingly well, I've had ketones a couple of times and a very rough 24 hour…

Started by Sophie

1 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

ABC News reporter seeking diabetes patients to interview

Hi all, I am a reporter for ABC News and I am writing a story on diabetes. I am interested in speaking with diabetes patients who can talk…

Started by Kaela

44 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by barbie61

What's a good new meter?

What can you guys recommend for a new meter. I'm NOT worried about the cost that much of meter or test strips. I just want one that is conv…

Started by MikeyType1

2 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by MikeyType1

Have any pumpers noticed a difference between Humalog and Novalog?

I got my prescription refills from my endo this morning. I mistakenly asked for Humalog instead of Novalog. Total brainfart. I actually hav…

Started by FHS

15 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by T1Student

Does your body frame and size matter

What about my size, and frame? I was at 260lbs now I'm 240lbs. I have a medium frame and I'm 5ft 11inch.does that matter when it comes to B…

Started by Lanew

9 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Lanew

Any Type 1 snowboarders/skiers in the NJ, PA, NY, area that want to meet up?

Hey everyone.  I am obsessed with snowboarding and looking for some other people to go with.  I think it would be cool to go with other Typ…

Started by laurenc873

0 Oct 10, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service