General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,572)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Basal and Bolus

I am trying to figure out how to balance my basal and bolus numbers.  As a percent I am usually a 60% for basal and 40% bolus.  I have had…

Started by Lisa

14 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Lisa

Relion Glucose Meters are really relabeled Arkray devices except the Ultima

http://www.relion.com/diabetes/blood-glucose-testing   It seems all the current Relion meters are really relabeled Arkray devices *EXCEPT*…

Started by Jake

13 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Jake

can't sleep

I have had this problem on and off and i think it all starts with the third shift job i had while back. During that time at that job i did…

Started by Domo!

4 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by skinnymini

Agave Syrup--Alert

Here's info to make an informed decision about agave syrup before you buy this expensive & much hyped sweetener that claims to be diabe…

Started by Gerri

40 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Sylvia

A1C - Poco a Poco

Little by little. Small decreases are good! I did an A1C a year + ago when I corrected my diagnosis to LADA (never had one when first diagn…

Started by Zoe

3 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Zoe

Strangest Diabetes-Related Story Ever: Toe-Chewing Terrier Saves Diabetic's Life

We ran this article this morning on Diabetes News Hound and it got me to thinking that it is likely the weirdest diabetes-related article I…

Started by Christopher Frankie

1 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Joke? (meter malfunction)

Ok, I know this was a malfunction because I tested a second finger and it gave me an actual number, but on the first finger my meter gave m…

Started by caprifoglio

13 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

Diabetic Sayings

ok yall! i need your help yet once again. im still in the process of trying to figure out what diabetic tattoo i want and im drawn toward t…

Started by Brea

6 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Brea

Any ideas on precautions to take with CWD and divorce?

I'm not sure if I am in a unique situation or not but back ground is I have been involved in a divorce for 6 years now. My son was diagnois…

Started by Julie

2 Aug 6, 2010
Reply by Teena

Turbo Chalene Johnson at Idea fitness center in LA

Anybody going? Anybody want to go with me!!! The party has fire eaters at it! and Free give aways to TURBO FIRE from beach body. Anybody wa…

Started by Domo!

0 Aug 5, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service