General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,936)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

T2s Treated by Diet and Exercise Only : Is it worth saving the remaining b-cells of your pancreas?

Is it really?

Started by Michael Hutch

14 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

College is kicking my diabetes butt!!

So I am week three in my new college yr and have not been in college since 2004 so needless to say I am slightly rust on the who diabetes a…

Started by T1Student

14 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by T1Student

Has anyone had any problems with service and getting supplies with humana one insurance?

I am looking into a job but the insurance is humana one and I have no experience with them as I have used Blue Cross Blue Shield my whole l…

Started by Emily S

1 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Sarah

Cell Phone Apps for Glucose Testing

This is just amazing. I always wanted a cellphone/iPod/glucose tester! haha; knew it had to come about at some point. Check this out! http…

Started by marizona007

0 Oct 18, 2010

Woman accused of trying to kill her mother with insulin shots

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/10/woman_accused_of_trying_to_kil.html

Started by NOLA

4 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by SF Pete

when the doctor told you

when my doctor told me that i was now a diabetic. he told me like he was delivering my mail or something, you have diabetes (mail). but my…

Started by spica

9 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Anonymous Jim

Teen Almost Dies After Parents Deprive Her of Insulin: Police

Hi All,   We ran this disturbing story this morning on Diabetes News Hound. Has anyone been following the local news coverage of this story…

Started by Christopher Frankie

1 Oct 18, 2010
Reply by Kelly WPA

Does a person really needs a good worthwhile 'reason' for all the hard work it will take?

...........like the love of  family  god  country  or even just life !

Started by Michael Hutch

4 Oct 17, 2010
Reply by Dennis

DONATE INSULIN?

Hi Everyone,I have just gotten 2 new Insulin pens that use cartridges and have 8 -10 boxes left in my fridge of Apidra and Lantus disposabl…

Started by Kristy

5 Oct 17, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Every Have one of those moments

Ever have a moment when it seems that your body knows better then you or that something or someone is looking out for you. I just had one.…

Started by Anonymous Jim

7 Oct 17, 2010
Reply by Chele

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service