General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,777)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

If You Have a Facebook Account, Please Help!

Today seems to be a day of haters. I signed on to my Facebook account, and found found two messages from a group called "Dear Diabetes" abo…

Started by AngelaC

21 Sep 20, 2010
Reply by AngelaC

BG in the morning vs. later in the day

Why is it that some people with D are more sensitive to carbs early in the morning versus later in the day?  And what would cause high BG i…

Started by JuJu

2 Sep 20, 2010
Reply by Tom T

Interested Seniors

If you are 55+ please join the new group "Seniors With Diabetes."  Doesn't matter what type of diabetes you have, newly diagnosed or a long…

Started by Sareln Pupkies

0 Sep 20, 2010

Low for 2 hours!!!

Hi everyone.  Last night around 11pm I woke up feeling low, I tested and my blood sugar was 62.  I had a cup of apple juice and a fruit rol…

Started by Julie

3 Sep 20, 2010
Reply by Amalia Alonzo

Question for the insulin Pumpers!!

I have had the pump for about two years now but I have never put it anywhere else besides my stomach.  Does anyone else reccommend a place…

Started by davamlenz

2 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by Jennifer

Medical alert bracelets

My mom is making me get a medical alert bracelet so I was wondering if anybody knows where I can get a nice bracelet or necklace that doesn…

Started by Aly

6 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by carrp12000

I need more info please

67 years ago I came to this world to an island called Great Britain in the large village London 57 years later In January 2000 I am diagnos…

Started by ColinT

6 Sep 19, 2010
Reply by ColinT

Sleep

Does anyone out there find that they need more sleep since diagnosis? I thought I could continue with having less during the week and more…

Started by caprifoglio

10 Sep 18, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

The Most Recent Report From The Joslin Medalist Study

I participated in this Study in Dec, 2009. I have followed their progress very closely. The Study is scheduled to end in April of 2011. As…

Started by Richard157

6 Sep 17, 2010
Reply by Jen

old like me

Is there a section for older diabetics type 1? I'm 60 years old. I have questions that pertains to my age group. Thanks.

Started by Sidney Partridge smile

6 Sep 17, 2010
Reply by Sareln Pupkies

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service