General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,805)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

DIABESITY

Have any of you tried this program DIABESITY?

Started by carolyn mcquis

8 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Gerri

To begin is easy, to persist is art. - German Proverb

What is your one piece of advice for Diabetics who are NOT new, but who may struggle with the persistence of every day care, and in managin…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

5 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

Where to find information to Compare Glucose Meters?

Do anyone know of a website where someone can compare all of the glucose meters that are out there? I have found a few "glucose meter compa…

Started by Jonathan

0 Sep 23, 2010

I'm excited to be participating in the American Diabetes Association walk...........

I am really excited to be participating in the ADA's walk this year. Even though I am diabetic myself, my main reason for walking is becaus…

Started by Kimmy

0 Sep 23, 2010

What's the longest it could take to digest food...went out to din last night and cant get below 200!

Hello,   I went out to dinner last night and ate a south african crepe...it had crushed melon seeds, spices, spinach and tomatoes.  I barel…

Started by laurenc873

1 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by ClumsyChemist

Low Carb snacks..............Any suggestions????

I mean I like laughing cow cheese, I either eat just by the wedge [1 carb per wedge]. If I want to change up, I might add apple slices, pea…

Started by CaKats

3 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Jan

MISSY NEEDS OUR HELP -- AGAIN!

This is has been an unbelievably bad weekend for Missy.  On Saturday night her step-father succumbed to pancreatic cancer that had spread t…

Started by SF Pete

115 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Brunetta

Metamucil to slow down sugar absorption?

I got South Beach Diet from the library to look at the recipes and started reading it as well. On page 55, Dr. Agatston says, "Here's tip t…

Started by carb101

3 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Jan

Two New Glucose meters from Sanofi Aventis / Agamatrix

Two new meters are soon to be released by Sanofi Aventis with partnership from Agamatrix The BGStar and.... the iBGStar (for Iphone/Ipod To…

Started by Jake

10 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Jake

COBRA INFO...especially in California

I just got laid off by my company and they offered me COBRA.   For the most part I am not sad I am gone from the company.  This gives me a…

Started by Christalyn

10 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Christalyn

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service