General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,552)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Getting the Basal rates right

My nine year old daughter Georgia has been a type 1 diabetic since the age of four, Two weeks ago she was started on pump therapy (paradigm…

Started by sarah

0 Aug 2, 2010

Glucometer research question

Does anyone remember what the fastest glucometer test time was in the late 1980s (and the particular model)? I vaguely remember having one…

Started by Heather

8 Aug 2, 2010
Reply by rick phillips

Glucose Monitors Get Under the Skin, Implantable devices work in diabetic pigs for almost two years...

Story below sounds great to me, but as the story says later, "It's still a long journey to a commercial product."   "Researchers have succe…

Started by Fred Goldberg

1 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Terrie

cde said if i want an omnipod i just want to pretend i don't have D

seriously.   i was thinking i wanted to be unrestricted. no tubes. a little freedom.   now i feel like i'm some sort of underhanded D hater…

Started by boedica

35 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Cara

Diabetes Living Today Radio Show-listen online

I wanted to pass along a live Radio show I've been enjoying (it's on now)- Diabetes Living Today is now broadcasting live on Sunday afterno…

Started by T1Tambien

0 Aug 1, 2010

How are you involved with the Diabetes community offline?

How are you involved with the Diabetes Community offline? (past or present)To tell you a little about myself, I've had Type 1 Diabetes for…

Started by Danny

12 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Danny

A newer talking/large display meter Biosense Solo V2

Know some users have problems with sight and such and need a larger screen meter that talks.. Iv seen/used tha advocate but thought it wasn…

Started by Jake

3 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Jake

New Freestyle Lite Test Strips

So I ran to the pharmacy today and had to run to CSV instead of my normal guy because my script wasn't due yet and if I am paying for them…

Started by Bubbaluv

21 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Alicia

Byetta Use

I have been using Byetta for over a year.  My BG spikes after meals even with a Novolog bolus. I am also very insulin resistant.  Byetta ho…

Started by AaronM

3 Aug 1, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

does anyone out there have other things going ON?

Of coure I have (D) type 2 I have the big 3 Diab, HB and Chol. I have been being treated for begining symptoms/signs of Parkinson'sto stop…

Started by odie

2 Jul 31, 2010
Reply by Terrie

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service