General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,360)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Anyone use old pump to track IOB and insulin calculations for MDI therapy?

I have the One Touch ping pump and meter. I think if I leave an old empty cartridge in the pump to confuse the pump (but with no infusion s…

Started by SPRITE'S MOM

3 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by DianaS

Somebody get me unmad at MiniMed

They really upset me here today!!! I called LAST MONTH with my order for another shipment of Sure T's and the reseavor ok? I started gettin…

Started by Doris D

15 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Jan

Any one use Diabetes Pilot for insulin dose calculations for MDI?

I am going from the pump to MDI, and am used to the pump doing all of the dose calculations. I have been looking for software that will hel…

Started by SPRITE'S MOM

5 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by SPRITE'S MOM

HELP on understanding lab results

Does anyone have a guide or a link or something to explain what these tests mean? And what the acceptable ranges are? I am so confused...…

Started by Rich

5 Jan 16, 2011
Reply by Gerri

Hi

Tap here to begin writing

Started by Jacolyn Paige

1 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by Jacolyn Paige

work i love it

i must be wired up wrong as my work mates complain about working yet i look forward to it. i work for an electronic retailer delivering and…

Started by spica

4 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by catlover

Fever rule to adjust rapid and basal dosage

As many have experienced an infection with episodes of fever will lead to higher blood glucose. For me the adjustment of the basal dosage i…

Started by Holger Schmeken

10 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by acidrock23

Supplies

Well, I'm down to 3 vials of Insulin, 4 Infusion sets, and 6 Reservoirs. I can't get any Insulin, because I can't pay the co-pay. I can't g…

Started by Bobby

12 Jan 15, 2011
Reply by boedica

MDI T1D: High BG after anaerobic exercise -- expected?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this question (searched the boards briefly but saw nothing relevant to MDI, only pumpers): I…

Started by Muragaki

23 Jan 14, 2011
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Diabetic Small World

I have had to entertain a visiting scholar for the past few days. I took him touring and to lunch yesterday. He went off to the barthroom.…

Started by Frances

5 Jan 14, 2011
Reply by Zoe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service