General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,129)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are you a wimp when it comes time to inject??

Ok so I've been taking daily shots for over 8 years. But I still act like a HUGE wimp. I hesitate....make a pouting face and hold my breath…

Started by MikeyType1

9 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Carry Case

What is the best compact case for a pen and needles?   What is the best compact case for both two pens and the meter (strips, needles etc.)…

Started by Isaac

3 Nov 21, 2010
Reply by Unicornzzz

Manny

Just watched him on dLife!

Started by Knorris

6 Nov 21, 2010
Reply by Knorris

Repost with better description. I Choose to Live video.

The official "I choose to live" music video. written and performed by South African Kwaito star, Howza (Tshepo Mosese) the song is about th…

Started by Anonymous Jim

8 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Anonymous Jim

Anyone seen this yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2UGTwQW4SwPretty powerful

Started by Anonymous Jim

16 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Kelly WPA

humalog acting 2 hours too late?

everything was humming along fine with humalog and lantus for me, until one morning the thing i ate every morning spiked me to 180 at the 2…

Started by DanK

14 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Kristin

How to Save Beta Cells

Okay so the more I research the subject the more confused I become. I am currently diagnosed as a "type2" diet and exercise controlled only…

Started by LiL MaMa

36 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by KimKat

Its pronounced (die-Ah-bee-TEEZ) not (die-Ah-BEET-us) because we won't let it BEAT US

Posted in Facebook today by 'Kristina" Diabetes post for today: Its pronounced (die-Ah-bee-TEEZ) not (die-Ah-BEET-us) because We won't…

Started by Michael Hutch

3 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by LiL MaMa

Pumps and Magnets on Clothing?

Hello...so I was about to buy a new winter jacket that I loved...and then I realized, the way it closes is with a zip and then the flap has…

Started by laurenc873

1 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Unicornzzz

Apparently watermelon ticks all the health boxes too (but not excessive amounts);

Ideal Fruit And Vegetables To Eat...... Although watermelon has a high Glycaemic Index, the glycemic load per food serving (size of 120g) i…

Started by Michael Hutch

0 Nov 19, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service