General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,573)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Turbo Chalene Johnson at Idea fitness center in LA

Anybody going? Anybody want to go with me!!! The party has fire eaters at it! and Free give aways to TURBO FIRE from beach body. Anybody wa…

Started by Domo!

0 Aug 5, 2010

When do you change your inset

I hear that some change thier inset in 4 days or more instead of 3 can you do this.

Started by DMurray

2 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by DMurray

High Sugars after spot change

Ok, I'm now at a lost of what to do, so I'm hoping someone might have a great tip to fix this!In the past year, I have had a ton of problem…

Started by Desdemona

7 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Mike

The ADA Comedy Hour...

Taken straight out of ADA's website (emphasis placed by me): "Americans and Europeans eat too much fat and too little carbohydrate and fib…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

11 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by KimKat

An official global diabetic card, does it exist?

It would be so nice to be able to walk into any pharmacy around the world and be able to buy insulin and needles without needing to go to a…

Started by Jerry

5 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Jerry

TV AD is Misleading

There is a diabetes-supplies advertisement running on TV that disbetics should rebuff. You've undoubtedly seen it. The old, fat man in the…

Started by Mel Wright

0 Aug 5, 2010

Places to inject

Hi all, I have a question. When I was diagnosed with type 1 about 2 months ago, I was told by my nurse practitioner to do injections in the…

Started by caprifoglio

21 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

Onglyza & Actoplus Met

In short, diagnosed in January 2010 as type I diabetic.  Started on Lantus immediately.  Lantus 10 units daily along with diet and exercise…

Started by Korey

12 Aug 5, 2010
Reply by Pauly

Toying with the idea of switching to an insulin pump

Hi Everyone! I'm hoping to get some advice/suggestions/comments on switching to an insulin pump. I am a 22 year old active female and was j…

Started by Katie J

17 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by Katie J

low dose naltrexone

I just thought I should relate my (and possibly my father's) story.I just started LDN last night at 1.5, increasing to 3.0 and then 4.5,so…

Started by wanda lofstrom

9 Aug 4, 2010
Reply by wanda lofstrom

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

The Newest Member of the DHF Team

Hi there! My name is Desiree Johnson and I’m the new addition to the DHF family! There is so much I want to share about my first few days at the office, but I’ll keep it short. The DHF team Read on! →

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service