General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,279)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Tip for BG testing on fingers

I've seen many pics on this website of people's fingers from testing.  And a lot of them show that people are testing directly on their fin…

Started by Rich

6 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Frances

calcium supplements

Dr Bernstein, indicates your Calcium supplement should be taken with Vitamin D, magnesium and manganese.  Have you found a supplement that…

Started by Baby Tee

1 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

How long before DX did you start showing symptoms

Had a bad night tonight at work but also a moment of clarity. The bad side I spiked to 220 and over compensated crashing to 50(didn't take…

Started by Anonymous Jim

32 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by PittzburghFF

Crazy Hungry

So this question will probably seem pretty silly to most, but do you have episodes of getting crazy hungry? For instance, eating three dinn…

Started by Belgienne

8 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Just to make everyone smile!

Hi I came across the sweetest thing ever and it really made my day so wanted to share it with everyone to make them smile.Hope you like it.…

Started by Osob

6 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by nel

Any uses for empty test strip containers?

Anyone have any uses for old test strip containers? Seems like a small, air-tight container might come in handy for something. Any ideas?

Started by Ryan

45 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by uptowngirl

Have you had someone drop you from Facebook, or outcast you in any other way, because you "talk too much" about Diabetes?

I had that happen to me yesterday... It was who I thought was a good friend, too. She said she couldn't deal with me going on and on about…

Started by The Diabetic Welfare Queen

143 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by Linda G

I hate insurance

Ugh Oxford is limiting me to 200 test strips a month.  That is about testing 7 times a day.  I do about 12ish a day now.  This sucks.  Well…

Started by Rich

8 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by Sarah Jane Greenshields

Levemir Dosing

Hi all   I mentioned that I switched to Levemir recently. I finally settled on the correct dose - 7 in AM and 7 in PM; it took longer than…

Started by Zoe

22 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by Zoe

Diabetes and Ramadan

The start of the holy month of Ramadan is August 11, 2010.  I have observed and participated in the fast several times.  Now being diabetic…

Started by Christalyn

35 Dec 7, 2010
Reply by Zoe

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service