General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,558)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Continuous GlucosmMonitors

Hello, I am soon going to be trialing a CGM as I no longer have any hypo awareness. My blood usually gets as low as 1.1 then I collapse but…

Started by Jane G

31 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by solobaricsrock

Low carb snacks/treats?

I'm looking for new ideas for tasty snacks that are relatively low-carb ... not necessarily particular brand name products, just something…

Started by Heather

23 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by adam nash

C-Peptide What's Normal?

Hi, Experts here. I got a c-peptide test done. This was done as a fasting test. Following is the result, which is "normal". Result: 1.30…

Started by Super_sally

2 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

angina and high blood sugar

I have been noticing that if my blood sugar goes over 400, my blood pressure goes up over 175/75 and I get pain in my left shoulder and it …

Started by BBach

15 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by BBach

A broken down toy

I sometimes feel like a broken down toy. I'm young but I feel I'm wasting away on the inside. People say "you look healthy" but as soon as…

Started by Jim Allison

18 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by Dennis

Non Diabetic ouchie

So I was on the way out the door this morning, and had a bag of trash to take to the dumpster. All was well, and as I lifted the bag up to…

Started by solobaricsrock

3 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by solobaricsrock

Where to get large print logbooks ?

I was wanting to know if anyone knows of places online or compancies that have large print log books to record BS readings.   Than

Started by Candace

2 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by solobaricsrock

What diabetes?

You know life with diabetes has gotten blissfully regular, trouble-free and almost invisible when this happens:The scene - Yesterday in our…

Started by DC Reporter

3 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by catlover

"She wouldn’t have to worry about treating his diabetes"

"A Las Vegas woman told police she was “happy” her 2-year-old son drowned in a backyard pool, because she wouldn’t have to worry about trea…

Started by Danny

32 Jul 18, 2010
Reply by kiaa_

Joslin Medalist Study / Update, 2010

I participated in the Joslin Medalist Study on Dec 1, 2009. The study involves an attempt to determine why a significant number of Type 1…

Started by Richard157

5 Jul 16, 2010
Reply by Gerri

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service