General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,023)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thoughts on the flu shot...

Hey Everyone, I am nervous to get the flu shot.  I read stuff about Guillian-Barre syndrome (an autoimmune disease you can get from a vacci…

Started by laurenc873

11 Oct 20, 2010
Reply by T1Student

Insurance! Help!

I just found out yesterday that the insurance my Dad is paying an obscene amount of money for, is no longer covering test strips...not that…

Started by rachemoon2909

0 Oct 20, 2010

United Healthcare and cgms

So I started a new job and finally been there long enough to get insurance.  The insurance is United Healthcare plus.  I called to check to…

Started by Cody Turner

0 Oct 20, 2010

Diabetes ID Bracelet

I always wear an ID bracelet. I had something extremely traumatic happen to me that you will not believe. We had a big snowstorm and I was…

Started by lotsofshots

41 Oct 20, 2010
Reply by Realsis77

What's going to Happen Next

Ok, here's the situation. I am about 11 weeks pregnant (or should be), but the baby has stopped growing. I'm waiting for a miscarriage - so…

Started by JustLookin

21 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by JustLookin

Brittle diabetic???

So I have my Navigator sensor on my arm.  I was at the dr office today and the receptionist/ MA/ whatever she is, asked me what it was.  I…

Started by Baby Tee

18 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by Kari

diagnosed today

went to the hospital today and i am a diabetic my sugar level read HI how u doing on their meter! Now i have to get use to sticking myself!…

Started by Sugamama

16 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by KimKat

November 13 Very Important Conference in North Brunswick, N.J. Gieven By the ADA!

Hi to everyone,   Hope all are well.  This Nov.13  The American Diabetes Association in New Jersey will be hosting a conference call:  From…

Started by Maritza Dominguez, D.M.D.

0 Oct 19, 2010

New books about type 1 diabetes?

Hello there, I'm a big fan of books and such for new thinking about diabetes. I have some personal favourites, such as Think like a pancrea…

Started by Jessica

0 Oct 19, 2010

Levemir/Lantus dosing equivalents

I just switched to a sample of Lantus 2 days ago and have been borderline-low since then, waking up around 70 and post-meals around 65-85. …

Started by DanK

13 Oct 19, 2010
Reply by DanK

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service