General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (8,127)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Canadian scientists turn skin cells into blood cells

Canadian scientists turn skin cells into blood cellsBy Mark Johnson of the Journal Sentinel Nov. 8, 2010 3:00 p.m.  Following up on the cel…

Started by Dennis

0 Nov 8, 2010

Getting Started with CDA

Does anyone here have any information on what a person needs to do to get involved with the Canadian Diabetes Association? I am a chef with…

Started by Jason Sandeman

3 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Anthony Holko

cannula's

i just got my pump.....not wearing it yet. BUT, i was checking it all over and noticed that the cannula on my infusion sets are 17mm long.…

Started by boedica

4 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by boedica

Lantus Dosing Wisdom

Hey folks, I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered to death but what can I say, I love to hear myself talk.  Anyway, I'm considering sw…

Started by Jeff

21 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by latvianchick

Numbing alcohol swabs, a nice change

Today at the store while picking up my needles the store had a sale on numbing alcohol swabs. I've heard of them but never used them. I tho…

Started by Realsis77

6 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by Realsis77

LMAO Quickset infusion incident

So me and mom were reloading our pumps. I will pause here to note that I am VERY tired, currently a full-time student with way too much on…

Started by onelildustbunni

3 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Terrie

Change your clocks.......Change your lancets

Just a friendly reminder!  Hahaha.  :)

Started by Jennifer

1 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by Domo!

Diabetics and Cats

Has anyone else noticed that everyone on here seems to have cats. Hardly any mentions of dogs at all! Are there any dog people out there?…

Started by Linda Spinda

57 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by brandi

Anyone else out there get terrible headaches when lows are in sight?

This is a new symptom for me -- awful headaches when I'm running too low. And I don't mean to say having an all-out hypo, but as my blood s…

Started by caprifoglio

2 Nov 7, 2010
Reply by caprifoglio

This is a world history diabetes question

I was a little girl when this was happening so I don't know all the players and underlying stories.  With politics there is always several…

Started by Christalyn

0 Nov 7, 2010

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service