General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,879)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

MISSY NEEDS OUR HELP -- AGAIN!

This is has been an unbelievably bad weekend for Missy.  On Saturday night her step-father succumbed to pancreatic cancer that had spread t…

Started by SF Pete

115 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Brunetta

Metamucil to slow down sugar absorption?

I got South Beach Diet from the library to look at the recipes and started reading it as well. On page 55, Dr. Agatston says, "Here's tip t…

Started by carb101

3 Sep 23, 2010
Reply by Jan

Two New Glucose meters from Sanofi Aventis / Agamatrix

Two new meters are soon to be released by Sanofi Aventis with partnership from Agamatrix The BGStar and.... the iBGStar (for Iphone/Ipod To…

Started by Jake

10 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Jake

COBRA INFO...especially in California

I just got laid off by my company and they offered me COBRA.   For the most part I am not sad I am gone from the company.  This gives me a…

Started by Christalyn

10 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Christalyn

what do you consider a bg spike?

I only usually test 2 hours after meals with the goal of being below 140.  However, I had a little rice and some honey dew with dinner, and…

Started by DanK

46 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by JustLookin

insulin pump in saudi arabia

Salam,I m looking for a supplier or company who sell insulin pump in Saudi arabia in jeddah or Ryadh city,please let me know, i d like to g…

Started by Tarik Tahiri

0 Sep 22, 2010

Bruising and bleeding.

Hi Everyone. Well I am using an insulin pen. I am covered in bruises. The worst one happening this evening when I injected on the side of…

Started by JustLookin

11 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by JustLookin

Seeking input on bioresonance

So, nearly one year after Dx as a T1, I think I'm finally ready to give up the smokes.  I picked up the habit as a teenager, I think becaus…

Started by Muragaki

3 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Aaron

Light on Pump

Yesterday I got a new animas pump. My light wasnt working very well on it. The writing was almost yellow instead of white. I was just wonde…

Started by Mik

2 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Mik

504 plan?

Just curious...did anyone have a 504 plan and/or a Diabetes medical Management Plan while in school?

Started by amy mercer

2 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by amy mercer

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service