General Diabetes Topics and Pre-Diabetes (7,573)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BG Study

I am regularly consulting with Imperial College Diabetic Center about my type 2. Recently ICLDC research Cneter put one sensor under my ski…

Started by Jahangir Alam

6 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Jahangir Alam

Old spotty glucose tabs - What are the dots?

I know every once in a while I come across one of my various glucose tab vials that I have stuck here and there, and I find some that have…

Started by SPRITE'S MOM

29 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Marie

fast acting isulin

Haven't posted in awhile, bottom line, Ive been a bad girl :(. Now on insulin. Levimer at night-16 units and Novolog before meals. My Quest…

Started by irene

16 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by irene

Has anybody gone Soda Free?

Since being plagued with regular flair ups of Diverticulitus I have given up soda for the past 2 weeks.  I have been drinking just water. …

Started by Christalyn

74 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Gerri

Honeymoon Stage in type 1 diabetes

Is anyone else dealing with this.

Started by DMurray

0 Jul 20, 2010

Omnipod and corrections

Can someone clarify for me. I have seen conflicting info on this site and others--and from Insulet Customer Care. Does the Omnipod calculat…

Started by AML

0 Jul 20, 2010

CGM

I may be able to try one and have heard it hurts to put in. I use a pump and have used flex pens and was wondering how much worse it could…

Started by Brigid O'Donnell

17 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by solobaricsrock

Its Cold and BG Meter Wont Start

First thing to mention here is that I am in Australia, and we are in the middle of winter.My mother's meter registers 'error' on cold morni…

Started by Michael Hutch

5 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Mike

Last night was horrible!

So I go to bed at 11:00PM with a BG of 119. Not too bad considering my dinner. But anyhow I get woken up at 1:56AM with an alarm that sound…

Started by solobaricsrock

8 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Sportster

My Diaversary (or D-Day)

is today!  3 years ago today I was diagnosed with Diabetes.  Didn't realize that things were out of control till I went to the doctor for a…

Started by Big Al

2 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by Kristin

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

The Newest Member of the DHF Team

Hi there! My name is Desiree Johnson and I’m the new addition to the DHF family! There is so much I want to share about my first few days at the office, but I’ll keep it short. The DHF team Read on! →

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service