Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,177)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Animas Ping/Medicare? (don't want to count my eggs before they hatch)

Hi Everyone! I am in the process of trying to get a pump. I will be dropping off my paperwork with my diabetes center so their rep can get…

Started by jesikabeth

12 Jul 29
Reply by jesikabeth

1st time pumper. Animas Ping OR Omnipod?

I saw my doctor yesterday and we talked about the pump. I am currently on the vGo, and it's helping to control my sugars, but it has its li…

Started by jesikabeth

10 Jul 26
Reply by Terry

Enlite Sensor woes...

So, I have been using the Enlite sensors for about 5 weeks now. I am so frustrated I could scream. I don't know if I am doing something wro…

Started by Kokoro

9 Jul 25
Reply by Donna

Suggestions for explaining pump to 5 yr old grandson

Hi all, New to this forum. Type 2 since 2000. Insulin pens since 2010. Just had first infusion set yesterday with saline until Monday when…

Started by zander

11 Jul 24
Reply by trauts

Miss Idaho Sierra Sandison showing off her insulin pump!

I was looking on Facebook as I like my local news station. Well, they posted an article about Miss Idaho showing of her pump! There is a Fa…

Started by Amy

3 Jul 24
Reply by zander

Insulin and Part B Medicare

Does anyone get their Insulin via Part B Medicare ? No one in my area seems to know how to process it as well as be able to tell me the cos…

Started by wallskev

8 Jul 23
Reply by LBREP

Contact detach issue - Anyone else run into this?

Hey hey. I'm new here and haven't gone through everything so this may or may not have been brought up before. Basically, over the course of…

Started by Ethan10183

14 Jul 23
Reply by Ethan10183

Food Peak Time?

Question for pumpers... I know that my Carb ratio is 8 to 1 and my insulin sensitivity is 1 to 20 but how do I know when I have a leftover…

Started by LovetoHike

5 Jul 22
Reply by Dave

Long time pumper, waiting for some REAL advances

I might be one of the longer pumpers on the forum (33 years since first pump, an AutoSyringe AS*6 single basal rate programmed by diluting…

Started by Yerachmiel Altman

10 Jul 22
Reply by Yerachmiel Altman

A1C Result and Mornings High

Yesterday I got my A1C result from the lab. It was 5.2..hurray!!!! But wait...today while I was compiling fasting/morning readings from the…

Started by walkingonthemoon

51 Jul 21
Reply by Trevs

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service