Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,101)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pump and Airport Security

For years, I have requested a "search" to avoid walking through the body mage machine with my pump--Medtronic says no, so I don't. I dawned…

Started by Spock

35 Mar 14
Reply by Anne

Medtronc paradigm pump infusion set problems

Hi Guys I have been on the Medtronic paradigm pump for about 9months and has stabilized my reading alot, unfortunatelly I have been having…

Started by Neil

3 Mar 14
Reply by Stemwinder (Gary)

18 year old son...soon to be a new pump user....any suggestions? feedback?

Started by Elizabeth

2 Mar 14
Reply by Elizabeth

Weight-loss On Pump

Ok I've been a Type1 for almost 25 years now and pumping over a year with a Paradigm722. I have gained weight since starting the pump and I…

Started by Drexxy

36 Mar 13
Reply by JohnG

Omnipod Settings: Different bolus settings for each meal

My doctor suggested me different bolus settings for each meal. For instance he suggested for breakfast I should use 1 unit for every 6 gram…

Started by walkingonthemoon

9 Mar 11
Reply by Dave

When do you change the time on your pump?

Well, here we go (in the US, anyway) with another shift of the clock. This is the hard one when we lose an hour. I wish we could just adjus…

Started by Terry

20 Mar 10
Reply by Spock

How complex are the basal settings on your pump?

I often think, if I could whip up the perfect basal schedule, what would it look like? Has anyone gotten scientific with their basal settin…

Started by Gluke Skywalker

15 Mar 9
Reply by Benjamin McLaughlin

Issues with pump sites..

This one is kind of gross. I changed my site one afternoon. When I went to bed my BS was 122. I woke up @ 198 and then climbed until about…

Started by ebeauchea

15 Mar 8
Reply by Dave

Skin Barrier needed because I use Mastisol

I require to use mastisol spray - a strong adhesive spray in the spring and summer in order to keep any infusion set on my body. With the u…

Started by jaystewie101

3 Mar 5
Reply by Timothy

My Brother wants a pump!

My brother is 13 and has had Type 1 for nearly 7 years. He has just been offered the chance to have an instant pump start, something he has…

Started by Smartie

19 Mar 3
Reply by artwoman

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service