Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,241)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Site Rotation Schedule and finger pricking

I was trying to share this in someone's discussion but it didn't send . So I hope this might help elsewhere. I am new to the site and I hav…

Started by PMichel

18 Dec 8, 2014
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Insulin pump with built in CGM?

I am looking to get a pump in January. I haven't been to my endo to discuss it yet because I am trying to do it all in the same year for de…

Started by Shannon

7 Dec 7, 2014
Reply by cindyt113

Tandem t:slim pumps seem to be safe to go through x-ray machines at the airport

A lot of folks seem to think that only the OmniPod is certified to go through an airport x-ray machine or a backscatter body scanner. But a…

Started by niccolo

5 Dec 4, 2014
Reply by niccolo

carrying cases/pouches for pump

I have a new t:slim pump, my first time pumping. So far I'm just wearing it clipped to my belt or tucked in a pocket, but a slim-fitting fa…

Started by niccolo

14 Dec 3, 2014
Reply by meee

Animas® Vibe™ Insulin Pump and Continuous Glucose Monitoring System Receives FDA Approval

Full release HERE Animas Site CHESTERBROOK, Pa., Dec. 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Animas Corporation today announced FDA approval of the Animas…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

9 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Buckley83

OmniPod Failure Rate Decrease???

Hi Everyone, I'm writing to see if anyone feels like the new Omnipods have been fixed and their failure rates decreased. I was on the old…

Started by Kyra

4 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by Kyra

How do you tape your infusion set?

I wasn't actually instructed to tape my infusion tubing when I was trained by my rep, but read the suggestion in Pumping Insulin, and it's…

Started by niccolo

11 Dec 2, 2014
Reply by acidrock23

Grrrr

Hi, I am a Type 1 that's new to pumping...I started in September on the Ping. Of course at first I was all excited because my sugars seemed…

Started by carrier

9 Nov 26, 2014
Reply by Dave

Omnipod and Medicare

Has anyone had any luck getting Medicare to pay for your omnipod pods? They paid for my pump but I understand that they will not pay for an…

Started by joy

3 Nov 24, 2014
Reply by S3GL

Pump glitch

This morning I went to correct my blood sugar and could not understand why my pump kept recommending a bolus of 0.0. Then I went back and r…

Started by Jen

15 Nov 20, 2014
Reply by Jen

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Announces Interim Executive Director as Manny Hernandez, Co-Founder and President, Steps Down

Read the Spanish version of the announcement. BERKELEY, CA: January 15, 2015 – Manny Hernandez, President and Co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF), has announced his decision to step down as President of the organization. “Diabetes Hands Foundation has Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, has type 1)
Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service