Insulin Pump Users Forum (2,229)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Metal sets

I have a question for those who use metal sets. For those of you who follow my blogs or forum posts, you'll know I have a lot of issues wit…

Started by Jen

6 Oct 24
Reply by Jen

Active woman (tennis, golf, yoga, Pilates, etc.) needs advice on pump choice

I've been using a Medtronic Paradigm pump for 10 years, and my latest one is long out of warranty. (Still have an old back-up pump, though.…

Started by Gamin

26 Oct 19
Reply by Nell

On the pump and feel exhausted

I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I am just exhausted, and on a near daily basis. Like I want to pull the car over tired. I didn…

Started by Wanderingbookworm

16 Oct 15
Reply by mohe0001

Accu Chek Combo Insulin Pump & Aviva Combo Meter

Hello everyone! I was wondering for those of you who have the Accu Chek Combo, have you been able to find a "Case for the meter" and I mean…

Started by Chris Ullger

2 Oct 13
Reply by Kelly

Contour Next Link meter, company

After all my diabetes life using One Touch strips I finally switched to the Bayer Contour Next meter. What a step back in time! 1. When set…

Started by Nell

1 Oct 13
Reply by Nell

Medicare and OMNIPOD

Hi. Does anyone know the current status of medicare covering the omnipod / pods?

Started by Francine

2 Oct 12
Reply by Francine

pros and cons of Omni Pod or conventional insulin pump

I'm starting to do research on insulin pumps rather than using MDI. I've gathered from reading here that some people find the ability to ma…

Started by lh378

22 Oct 9
Reply by eddieg

Change of insulin dosage when switching to the pump????

Okay, I cannot be the only one who had these issues when moving to the pump....Prior to starting my Tandem T-slim i was taking 40 units of…

Started by diabeticdoll

4 Oct 8
Reply by Siri

High BS first week of Snap pump trial

The first week of my trial has been so stressful. The evening of the first day my BS was ok, but it's gradually rising everyday since. Star…

Started by Kathy

5 Oct 8
Reply by Terry

Red Alert: Medtronics Abruptly Quits Shipping Supplies to Florida!

I placed an order when I was rather low on supplies but was told not to worry, that I would get an emergency shipment last Thursday. On Mon…

Started by Jan

13 Oct 5
Reply by brboyer

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service