LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (305)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Latent meaning no symptoms

If i am lada how comes i am having so many side affects from the peaks and dips but am not hitting diagnosis criteria? Did or can any of yo…

Started by Claire Perrett

8 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Claire Perrett

Switch to pump

Hi everybody, Last week i made the decision to switch to pump therapy instead of shots. Are there any people who have experience with the…

Started by Appie Mol

14 Jan 13, 2011
Reply by nel

Advice on switching from NPH to lantus

Hey all, I just switched from NPH to Lantus. In general my BG readings have been better, but I'm having trouble with the nuances of Lantus,…

Started by Lora Arduser

18 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Karen

Another stupid question?

If i am a LADA always saw myself as a jag never mind why should i be on insulin when my second phase clears the hypers?

Started by Claire Perrett

2 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Frances

LADA, Hypothyroidsm and Weight Loss

Greetings all. I am new to tudiabetes.org. I have been diagnosed type 1 diabetic since 12-4-1981. I have always been extremely insulin resi…

Started by Faby

6 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Faby

Going Lowish - no reason!

Okay, this is disturbing...   I woke up this morning with a 4.3 mmol (77.4 ml/dl) when I usually wake up with a 6.0 (108 ml/dl) I ate my us…

Started by Jason Sandeman

29 Dec 25, 2010
Reply by Emily

So frustrated with BG levels

I'm LADA, insulin dependent on a pump. I've been on the pump for almost a year now and things were going really well with my BG numbers. Ov…

Started by YukonC

9 Dec 24, 2010
Reply by Paul Underwood

Need help/suggestions for turning things around

I was dxd 4 yrs ago T2, then about 2 yrs ago with LADA.  I have been on insulin for two years, the last 15 months or so on omnipod.   Here'…

Started by Rebecca

8 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by Natalie ._c-

I just had my worst scare.

Maybe I should introduce myself. My name is Tom and I am an Israeli tour guide. I've been on insulin since I was in my 30s (I'm 56 as of tw…

Started by TB tour guide

12 Dec 6, 2010
Reply by Natalie ._c-

Safeway Pharmacy magazine article on Type 1.5

The Safeway Pharmacy's magazine called "Managing Diabetes" published a great article on Type 1.5. It's authored by a doctor and diabetes ed…

Started by Kelly

20 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by nel

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service