LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (316)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Kaiser insurance and pumps

So quick question. I have kaiser HMO in GA and I will be having a phone appt. with my endo tomorrow. Do you guys think that Kaiser would co…

Started by Stardust31

6 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by Rye

What difference does it make?

Hi folks -- I'm newly diagnosed as of mid-Dec, probable type 1. I am 39, have never been overweight, eat reasonably well (vegetarian for a…

Started by kestrel

40 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by Andie

Crazy Numbers - Lows!

Usually when I post a question I have some theories as to what is happening, this time I have none. I've been on my pump 6 weeks and have b…

Started by Zoe

16 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by kellyone

gettin an insulin pump from veterans hospital

Hey all, I am service connected for my LADA 1.5 diabetes. Does anyone know what I need to do to get a pump from the VA? If I use a pump can…

Started by Marty Erickson

0 Mar 13, 2011

Insulin Usage

Not sure if this is the right place but since I'm a LADA on a pump I'll start here. I take alot of insulin. My basals rage between 1.8 and…

Started by Ressy

12 Mar 4, 2011
Reply by Ressy

Victoza for LADA

I was diagnosed with LADA a few months ago. After several doctors diagnosed me first with T2, I was finally referred to a re known speciali…

Started by Silverhill2570

7 Feb 25, 2011
Reply by LiL MaMa

Made a mistake, hospitalized, now I am not able to keep blood sugar down?

Okay, I am not panicking here, but here goes. I eat low carb, Atkins-Bernstein style. I normally take: 18 u Levemir before bed. 1 to 2 un…

Started by Jason Sandeman

27 Feb 24, 2011
Reply by Jason Sandeman

Question re: LADA and oral meds

So, great news...after waiting months for an appt. at the end of March, the endo office called and said they have a cancellation on Wednesd…

Started by SilverLining

22 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by SilverLining

My Diabetes Story

I feel the need to tell my story. I friend of mine on Tu actually convinced me to share it. My name is Jasmine and I am 21 years old with D…

Started by Jasmine

19 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Melitta

Abrupt progression?

Hi..short question. ..my story is that last summer I was weird thirsty and bought a glucometer...my meter showed fasting BG of 100-115 and…

Started by SilverLining

21 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Hope

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service