LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (309)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Question re: LADA and oral meds

So, great news...after waiting months for an appt. at the end of March, the endo office called and said they have a cancellation on Wednesd…

Started by SilverLining

22 Feb 9, 2011
Reply by SilverLining

My Diabetes Story

I feel the need to tell my story. I friend of mine on Tu actually convinced me to share it. My name is Jasmine and I am 21 years old with D…

Started by Jasmine

19 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Melitta

Abrupt progression?

Hi..short question. ..my story is that last summer I was weird thirsty and bought a glucometer...my meter showed fasting BG of 100-115 and…

Started by SilverLining

21 Jan 26, 2011
Reply by Hope

Undergoing Mis-Diagnosis?

I just received a call from my pcp office saying I have Type 2 and I do not believe them. They are basing it on a "islet cell ab" (???) tes…

Started by rossm

11 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Type1Gal

Latent meaning no symptoms

If i am lada how comes i am having so many side affects from the peaks and dips but am not hitting diagnosis criteria? Did or can any of yo…

Started by Claire Perrett

8 Jan 17, 2011
Reply by Claire Perrett

Switch to pump

Hi everybody, Last week i made the decision to switch to pump therapy instead of shots. Are there any people who have experience with the…

Started by Appie Mol

14 Jan 13, 2011
Reply by nel

Advice on switching from NPH to lantus

Hey all, I just switched from NPH to Lantus. In general my BG readings have been better, but I'm having trouble with the nuances of Lantus,…

Started by Lora Arduser

18 Jan 11, 2011
Reply by Karen

Another stupid question?

If i am a LADA always saw myself as a jag never mind why should i be on insulin when my second phase clears the hypers?

Started by Claire Perrett

2 Jan 7, 2011
Reply by Frances

LADA, Hypothyroidsm and Weight Loss

Greetings all. I am new to tudiabetes.org. I have been diagnosed type 1 diabetic since 12-4-1981. I have always been extremely insulin resi…

Started by Faby

6 Jan 2, 2011
Reply by Faby

Going Lowish - no reason!

Okay, this is disturbing...   I woke up this morning with a 4.3 mmol (77.4 ml/dl) when I usually wake up with a 6.0 (108 ml/dl) I ate my us…

Started by Jason Sandeman

29 Dec 25, 2010
Reply by Emily

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service