LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (316)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New allergies

Have any of you developed allergies after your LADA diagnosis? I was diagnosed seven years ago and have developed allergies to sulfa drugs…

Started by Janet

6 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Samantha Jillery Ingram

Constantly high and confused????

So when I was diagnosed about two years ago, I was diagnosed as Type 2, I was placed on metformin along with a number of different meds, bu…

Started by Giovanna

25 Sep 20, 2009
Reply by etta amy

On the "Chop Block" with the Navy because of Diabetes!!!

I've been in proud service to my country for 14+ years now, and I'm unfortunately coming to the end, due to a LADA diabetes diagnosis 3+ ye…

Started by Troy Barolet

16 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Jan

What You Need to Know About Type 1.5 Diabetes

Diabetes News Hound ran an article today about Type 1.5 (LADA) and how the disease differs from the more common Type 1 and Type 2 forms of…

Started by Christopher Frankie

1 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Melitta

TYPE 3!!!!!

Hey I was given the diagnosis of type 1 when I was 47 years old. It was after two weeks of a Antibiotic that was deem defective throughout…

Started by Daniel Oliva, RRT RPFT AE-C

4 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Daniel Oliva, RRT RPFT AE-C

How much insulin should I use?

I am a new T1 only 2 weeks. I need help in controlling my levels. I was given a sliding scale: If sugar levels are under 100 do not use ins…

Started by Elisa

9 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Elisa

Does your MD differentiate between T1.5 and LADA?

I was reading a handbook (I work in a medical library) and it stated outright that LADA is autoimmune, only, and 1.5 is autoimmune with ins…

Started by Linda Fox

34 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

counting carbs and frustrated

Hi. I am a fairly new member and I lurk around more than I post. However, I am really frustrated. I was wondering if anyone had some inform…

Started by Patra Philips

18 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Patra Philips

Finally!

I saw my endo for the second time and she finally confirmed my diagnosis as Type 1. I asked her if she wasn't using Type 1.5 because it is…

Started by Zoe

39 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by Elizabeth Hitchcock

Type 1.5's .. do you think you have insulin resistance at all?

Just curious. A new article this week says IR in LADAs is equivalent to that in Type 2's. I do think I have quite a bit.

Started by Linda Fox

12 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service