LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (312)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

TYPE 3!!!!!

Hey I was given the diagnosis of type 1 when I was 47 years old. It was after two weeks of a Antibiotic that was deem defective throughout…

Started by Daniel Oliva, RRT RPFT AE-C

4 Sep 4, 2009
Reply by Daniel Oliva, RRT RPFT AE-C

How much insulin should I use?

I am a new T1 only 2 weeks. I need help in controlling my levels. I was given a sliding scale: If sugar levels are under 100 do not use ins…

Started by Elisa

9 Aug 24, 2009
Reply by Elisa

Does your MD differentiate between T1.5 and LADA?

I was reading a handbook (I work in a medical library) and it stated outright that LADA is autoimmune, only, and 1.5 is autoimmune with ins…

Started by Linda Fox

34 Aug 12, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

counting carbs and frustrated

Hi. I am a fairly new member and I lurk around more than I post. However, I am really frustrated. I was wondering if anyone had some inform…

Started by Patra Philips

18 Aug 11, 2009
Reply by Patra Philips

Finally!

I saw my endo for the second time and she finally confirmed my diagnosis as Type 1. I asked her if she wasn't using Type 1.5 because it is…

Started by Zoe

39 Aug 10, 2009
Reply by Elizabeth Hitchcock

Type 1.5's .. do you think you have insulin resistance at all?

Just curious. A new article this week says IR in LADAs is equivalent to that in Type 2's. I do think I have quite a bit.

Started by Linda Fox

12 Aug 9, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

How did you find out you had Type 1.5 or LADA?

Today, through this online community, I discovered that the label, "Type 1.5 diabetes" exists. I also discovered the acronym, LADA (Latent…

Started by Teresa

18 Aug 8, 2009
Reply by Khürt Williams

Early LADA?

Hello, I recently posted this in the pre-diabetes forum but thought I'd get your input: I am a fit 31 yr old with the following numbers:…

Started by drew

8 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by drew

How many of you 1.5's also have autoimmune thyroid disease?

I have had Hashimoto's for 16 years. Do you have thyroid disease, and if so which one?

Started by Linda Fox

24 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Maureen Nolan

Very scared. How quickly can LADA come on

I'm very scared right now. I posted in the Pre-diabetes forums, but just today I've had a sudden spike in my BG readings. This morning my…

Started by Norma

22 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Norma

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service