LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (306)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How did you find out you had Type 1.5 or LADA?

Today, through this online community, I discovered that the label, "Type 1.5 diabetes" exists. I also discovered the acronym, LADA (Latent…

Started by Teresa

18 Aug 8, 2009
Reply by Khürt Williams

Early LADA?

Hello, I recently posted this in the pre-diabetes forum but thought I'd get your input: I am a fit 31 yr old with the following numbers:…

Started by drew

8 Aug 6, 2009
Reply by drew

How many of you 1.5's also have autoimmune thyroid disease?

I have had Hashimoto's for 16 years. Do you have thyroid disease, and if so which one?

Started by Linda Fox

24 Jul 30, 2009
Reply by Maureen Nolan

Very scared. How quickly can LADA come on

I'm very scared right now. I posted in the Pre-diabetes forums, but just today I've had a sudden spike in my BG readings. This morning my…

Started by Norma

22 Jul 21, 2009
Reply by Norma

Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) seeks input from Adults with Type 1 Diabetes

I just received this email from JDRF today (see below). I think it would be really good if we provided input! JDRF is slowly coming around…

Started by Melitta

8 Jul 11, 2009
Reply by Melitta

LADAs - How Much Variation in Numbers?

Hi all I'm relatively new to all this, misdiagnosed Type 2 in 7/07, started insulin in February this year and figured out I was LADA somet…

Started by Zoe

6 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by Zoe

Stopping Insulin

I decided to see what would happen if I stopped taking insulin for a while. I got concerned by the cancer link, as I am a melanoma survivor…

Started by Libby

18 Jul 7, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

Type 1.5 question

I'm going to try to keep this supremely simple. I had the c-pep test and antibody tests done last month. My c-pep came back at .4 (normal…

Started by Connie

12 Jul 6, 2009
Reply by Connie

LADA diabetes

Hi, I joined the group several months ago, but have not done a post. I would like to hear from folks who have had Type 1.5 diabetes for mor…

Started by Linda Eaton

16 Jul 5, 2009
Reply by Linda Fox

Pancreas kicking in?

I posted in another thread that I was at the beach and had a dramatic lowering of my blood glucose. People thought it might be the heat, bu…

Started by Zoe

5 Jun 22, 2009
Reply by David

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Where are you Medicare? The elephant was not in the room

This was the question burning in people’s mind and passionately talked about yesterday and today at the General Sessions of the AACE/ACE Consensus Conference on Glucose Monitoring, an event to bring together in Washington, DC all relevant stakeholders to Read on! →

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service