LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (285)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Glipizide long term in type 1.5

Hi - I'm a new member to TuDiabetes and am interested in input about using glipizide long term. It is from your discussions that I have beg…

Started by Sarah M2

21 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by Sarah M2

Thanks Tudiabetes

I was DX in November 08 with an A1C of 10.7 and Fasting sugars over 300. Since than I have been researching and learning as much as I can a…

Started by Krueger

18 Mar 12, 2009
Reply by Debbie

Dr agrees with TuDiabetes! follow up on glipizide discussion

I met with my dr on Friday and let him know my concerns about using glipizide since I test positive for type 1. He totally agreed and I hav…

Started by Sarah M2

15 Feb 10, 2009
Reply by Sarah M2

Corn Chips and Carbs

I was packing my lunch for work yesterday and I was caculating the number of carbs and the number of chips allowed. By the package I figure…

Started by Joe Dennis

6 Jan 16, 2009
Reply by Marie B

I am experimenting and need input -- type 2 vs type 1

Hi - I just discovered tudiabetes, as I have been trying to figure some things out. Basically, my question is: do I have this straight? I…

Started by Rebecca

8 Jan 15, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

nobody knows what LADA is

I was in the er w/ my brother the other night because I tested his sugar and the meter read HI, would not even give a number, it was over 6…

Started by lynn smith

28 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by Joe Dennis

No Meds? No Insulin? Anybody out there doing Type 1.5 on diet and exercise alone like me?

OK I still can't find a home, not on the ADA message boards and apparently not here either. I am 50 yrs old, 5'2, 115 lb woman diagnosed al…

Started by Marie

35 Jan 3, 2009
Reply by Marie

OH- MY- GOD!!

I cannot begin to tell you how releaved I feel at this very moment. I was diagnosed in 2004 with Type 2 diabetes - but I was only 25 years…

Started by Robert

12 Dec 23, 2008
Reply by Cathy

Have you had to raise your insulin doses?

Is there any difference in the amount of insulin you took when you were first diagnosed and the amount you take now? This question is for y…

Started by Dolores

12 Dec 3, 2008
Reply by Dov

Having Surgery

Nov. 14 I'm having surgery for a double hernia . Anyone have any advice before I have surgery.

Started by Joe Dennis

34 Nov 26, 2008
Reply by Joe Dennis

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service