Things Are Changing!

The migration of TuDiabetes has begun

Content created between now and the launch of our new site on April 20th will NOT be moved to that new home, but our community values and Terms of Service still apply during this time.We are not accepting new members during this transition period. If you want to join the TuDiabetes community please send an e-mail to TuDiabetesAdmin@gmail.com. We will send you an invitation to join after the migration is completed.

Read about the migration and see images of the new site!

LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (326)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Looking to Connect with other Type One Diabetics Diagnosed Later in Life

Hi Everyone! I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetics over a year and a half ago at the age of 29. I'm wondering how other people who freely…

Started by Robyn

40 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Melitta

Did you DKA, get put on insulin but are now on Oral Meds? You are a Ketosis Prone T2

ADA calls this idiopathic T1 diabetes. This is what I have. It's interesting that there is no real forum here for this type because it is e…

Started by Michael Barker

10 Jan 11, 2010
Reply by Michael Barker

Trouble With memory

A while back I was having trouble remembering if I had given myself a shot. I use the Novolog Flexpen and delivering a shot is a very simpl…

Started by Rich Davis

5 Jan 9, 2010
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Scary Scenario - Watch out !!!!! Part 2

Sorry, but I ran out of room, so need to continue here. I was not having a migraine, but a low blood sugar. This happened so quickly. It mu…

Started by Linda Eaton

5 Dec 10, 2009
Reply by Linda Eaton

Why is my LADA not getting worse???

I dont get this, people with Lada tell me that their pancreas stopped producing insulin within months after getting their diagnosis. I've h…

Started by Dolores

20 Nov 23, 2009
Reply by Melitta

How high would you go?

Just curious -- for those who have little or no insulin production, how high would you go if you missed an insulin dose and ate your normal…

Started by Kelly

30 Nov 22, 2009
Reply by Kelly

Scary Scenario - Watch out !!!!!!!!!!!

Hi to all of you. I just had a very scary situation happen last week. I made an appointment to have a sports massage as my back was really…

Started by Linda Eaton

0 Nov 9, 2009

GAD Test Results - Help?

So I finally went back to my dr. and had a full panel of antibodies tests. Islet Cell and IA-2 were both negative, but the GAD autoantibodi…

Started by Anita

5 Oct 24, 2009
Reply by Melitta

Similarities with LADAs

I'm curious to see what similarities we might have. Before my diagnoses, I always felt low BS when I hadn't eaten, never could skip meals,…

Started by elaine peterson

19 Oct 23, 2009
Reply by Zoe

Great description of LADA/Type 1.5/Adult Onset Type 1 Diabetes

Here's a great, simple yet informative description of LADA that I found on the Diabetes Exercise and Sports Association web site. Thanks to…

Started by Melitta

4 Oct 12, 2009
Reply by Melitta

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service