LADA (Type 1.5) Diabetes Forum (305)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

LADA after ketoacidosis crisis

Greetings from the UK. I was diagnosed with type 1 eight months ago at age 48, after the typical two months' rapid onset - thirst, hunger,…

Started by Philip

2 Jul 8
Reply by meee

anyone get gene testing? I have the T risk allele (CT) for TCF7L2

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22109281 lots of associated problems with the T allele, but my CT is a little better than TT,

Started by v/prediabetic

5 Jun 13
Reply by v/prediabetic

Life with Type 1.5/LADA: How it all started

Close to 10% of patients diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are actually living with Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults (LADA or Type 1.5): i…

Started by Sweeter Cherise

115 Jun 9
Reply by janetiscute

Blood sugar spiking after meals, fasting numbers slowly creeping up. What do you think?

A quick update. I'm still running and doing strength training. My fasting numbers are still averaging in the 105-116 range. I've been getti…

Started by jenny1025

10 May 27
Reply by JustLookin

a cure?

Ok anybody tried bitter melon? It supposedly has insulin-like properties...anybody know anything about long-term use? So far it works for h…

Started by Bunny

3 May 11
Reply by Mike Ratrie

Insulin and Warfarin

I'm wondering if there is anyone else here is who is on insulin who is also on warfarin? I am getting so sick of my inr going down which ha…

Started by meee

10 May 10
Reply by meee

High GAD

Hi. What does it mean if my hubby has GAD over 250 but negative for ICA and Low-end C-peptide? He is currently on Metformin , Acarbos,very…

Started by Bunny

4 May 4
Reply by Marypat

Lada in waiting

Hi! Anyone feel like helping me think? I was diagnosed with Type 1 during TrialNet, but my A1c is 4.7 and I only have high BG during the OG…

Started by katy

27 Apr 19
Reply by krisa

When to make a fuss?

I don't know if I have LADA or something else diabetes. I had reactive hypoglycemia for years growing up (actually diagnosed when I was in…

Started by CQJ

80 Apr 18
Reply by Lilli D

Not sure. Mody or LADA?

Hi all, New user here and first time poster. Anyway, I've been diagnosed as a Type 2 for a little over a year now. I do not fit your typica…

Started by Augustus27

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service