New to Diabetes? (899)

Featured Discussions

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!Latest Reply

A free eBook to help you on your 1st year with diabetes

Will Dubois is a Diabetes Author, Educator and Advocate and a diabetes patient himself. He dedicates his life to help people with diabet…

Started by Manny HernandezLatest Reply

No Words to Speak and Nothing to Say... I'm a T1 Diabetic.

I'm a newly dx'd T1 who as a professional communicator can find no words to express how I feel. It's been a little over a month since being…

Started by NewT1BrothaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Technically not a diabetic but...

Almost exactly one year ago I was crawling in my stomach to dial 911 at the Ritz Carlton in Atlanta which was unfortunate since I live in a…

Started by nomopancreas

10 Apr 10
Reply by Dave

Exactly how do YOU prepare and prick your fingers?

Hi everyone -- I'm less than a month into testing my blood glucose levels, and bit by bit I'm getting a method that works. But I figure I c…

Started by Infodigger

25 Apr 5
Reply by rick phillips

Question about Type 1 vs Type 2

I understand the difference between type 1 and type 2. But I have a question about it. If you are type 2 and your pancreas burns out, are y…

Started by Misty

29 Apr 5
Reply by Jan

New platform to help manage chronic conditions: would this be useful to you?

I received a message recently from the folks at a new non-profit called TebiaMED, and I thought I'd share them here in case some of our new…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Mar 28

New to diabetes: I think I might have type 1. Insight is welcome!

Hi, all. I'm new to diabetes and hoping to get a little feedback about my situation. I've been really impressed with the quality of the dis…

Started by homesteader

32 Mar 24
Reply by CQJ

You know youre a diabetic when.....

lets make a list of "you know your a diabetic when you "! example. You know your a diabetic when you freak out when your friend eats a ca…

Started by Kenny!

1342 Feb 14
Reply by Suzie

New Member, Type 2 for 6 Years

I have been diagnosed with Type 2 for over 6 years. I honestly was in denial and wasn't taking care of myself. I was on what seems like eve…

Started by brrrchillyjen

2 Feb 4
Reply by Brian (bsc)

The "what type am I conversation?"

I know in the past we have discussed the fact that what type one falls into is far less important than lifestyle, management and activity.…

Started by Chuck Banks

25 Feb 2
Reply by Lilli D

17 and just diagnosed

Hi everyone, my name is Kayla. I'm 17 and I'm a senior in high school. I was just diagnosed on Saturday with T1D, and no one else in my fam…

Started by Kayla

19 Jan 23
Reply by beechbeard

Lost, tired, confused

I'm not particularly new to diabetes. My husband is Type 1 and has been for 12 years. I know the ins-and-outs of his treatment, treating lo…

Started by Megan

5 Jan 16
Reply by Megan

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service