New to Diabetes? (917)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I just got out of the hospital

I'm not new to diabetes I've had it for years but I was homeless with 3 kids for a very long time even though I worked so I didn't take my…

Started by Bonnie Buck

10 Mar 5, 2008
Reply by Bonnie Buck

What is your post meal BG target

I keep on wondering what is the normal post meal BG, some says it's 160 below after an hour then 120 below after 2 hours... but I think I'v…

Started by yda1027

3 Mar 3, 2008
Reply by Maureen

smoking

am I the only one out there having trouble quitting smoking? Yes I know it's bad . Yes I know it's bad for diabetics...

Started by jan rohrbough

30 Feb 29, 2008
Reply by Lisa

Diabetes cured by diet alone?

I've heard about people improving their pancreatic function with raw diets and other nutritional methods. Does anyone know about this alte…

Started by Amy

6 Feb 28, 2008
Reply by Libby

Calling all family members of diabetics

This group has been set up by paul for all family members. Plus it has a funky name. Although it's called Hods (Husbands of Diabetics) Mod…

Started by Rebekah Humphrey

0 Feb 26, 2008

The sacrifices are worth it.

I've been reading The First Year: Type 2 Diabetes by Gretchen Becker. [Amazon Link] I wholeheartedly recommend this read. I came across a p…

Started by Mike

3 Feb 22, 2008
Reply by Judith

Wii have diabetes group

I found a good group, but was shocked to find hardly anyone had joined it. The wii is a great way to keep fit. I am sure more people have…

Started by Rebekah Humphrey

0 Feb 21, 2008

Meter accuracy

I have not yet been formaly diagnosed with diabetes but have been told I have insulin resistance. I have two meters. Walgreens TrueTrack an…

Started by Anne

9 Feb 21, 2008
Reply by M

Any Motorcyle riders here?

I was wondering are there any riders here as I have been riding for about 3 yrs now and was wondering if there are any of you out there who…

Started by Linda

7 Feb 19, 2008
Reply by Bill

BS Elevated And I'm Worried

My blood sugars have been elevated the past week and I don't know why. The only thing different is I started on 80mg of Zocor a week ago. I…

Started by Mandy

8 Feb 16, 2008
Reply by Richard157

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service