New to Diabetes? (900)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Higher fasting BG- Is the honeymoon over?

I was diagnosed last April with LADA and have managed to keep in good control with a combination of low carb eating, exercise and occasiona…

Started by Libby

4 Jan 4, 2008
Reply by Libby

Balance between life and living

I went to get a checkup the other day and as usual everyone in the doctors office gave me their advice on how to live as a diabetic. "Don'…

Started by Chuck Lin

8 Jan 4, 2008
Reply by Mollie

Lots of questions...

I feel like I'm posting so much on this forum, but I have many questions. FIrst, I'm Type II. My doctor has led me to believe, or rather ki…

Started by Jenna

3 Dec 25, 2007
Reply by George

Had a great laugh, thought I would share it

A friend and I were talking and we were talking about me leaving tomorrow and how I could be considered a threat as I carry juice boxes and…

Started by Cody Turner

11 Dec 23, 2007
Reply by Deepnagi

Is anyone still taking Avandia?

If you are...there has been a couple of new studies that I would encourage you all to read who are taking the prescription drug. http://ww…

Started by Greg

0 Dec 19, 2007

Do you get your Autonomic Nervous System tested?

I know many of you are unfamiliar to this concept of diabetic testing, which is why I thought this current topic in the medicial field woul…

Started by Greg

7 Dec 17, 2007
Reply by Greg

Just wanted to give some advice to anyone flying during the holiday season

I just got off the phone with TSA as I am flying next week to MO. I asked them what I needed to do to get through security with juice and s…

Started by Cody Turner

1 Dec 13, 2007
Reply by Unicornzzz

Meet the Face of Change

I have agreed to participate in the Meet the Face of Change Exhibit. I will be in my first "photo shoot" next week. Who else is involved in…

Started by Travis Grubbs

27 Dec 9, 2007
Reply by Debbie

what is A1 c?

I was diagnosed with type 2 about 6 months ago while in the hospital for congestive heart failure. I saw an endocrinologist while in the ho…

Started by phillip

15 Dec 9, 2007
Reply by Lahle Wolfe

When sugar is testing high before a meal

Hey guys, I am looking for advice as to what I should be eating if my sugar is testing high before a meal. I do know that meal skipping is…

Started by Dan Design

21 Nov 24, 2007
Reply by James S. Anderton

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service