Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,518)

Featured Discussions

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

rapid onset Type 1 diabetes in adults

Hi: As many of you know, I write a lot of blogs on misdiagnosis of adult-onset Type 1 diabetes (adults with new-onset T1D who are misdiagno…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

WHAT DOES INSULIN SMELL LIKE TO YOU?

I was talking to a few peeps about this some say it's an awful smell some think it is pleasant. Just about everyone has something else they…

Started by TimothyLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

White House Petition to Standardize TSA Screenings For Diabetic Persons Wearing Devices

This we can ALL get involved with... It only takes a moment to sign your name and help us all - Type 1, Type 2, Type EVERYONE... Please sha…

Started by Christel

41 8 minutes ago
Reply by karen

Sick and sugar won't go up

Hey guys! So i've been sick with some sort of stomach bug for a few days and my sugar won't go up. I've stopped the vomiting but I'm still…

Started by sglatt

3 46 minutes ago
Reply by Pumped

T1D and Cardio Vascular Disease paper for the science nerds

The American Heart Association and the American Diabetes Association published a paper discussing(in very technical detail) the lack of spe…

Started by Kevin H

0 2 hours ago

Blood sugar and insulin discussions from non-diabetics

I've noticed that it really irritates me when people without diabetes talk about sugar spikes and insulin as if they are experts. Does anyo…

Started by Matti

47 2 hours ago
Reply by Pumped

Confused and Frustrated... High post-meal BG

Hi, I’m Ashley. I’m new here. I was diagnosed with T1D just 2.5 years ago when I was 23 years old. I’ve maintained fairly good control ev…

Started by Ashlynne4

27 2 hours ago
Reply by Pumped

Not feelings lows until they get REAL low

Hey everyone, If there is a discussion about this, please point me in the right direction. If not, hopefully this will generate some good r…

Started by Nicole

3 4 hours ago
Reply by meee

Vote for Miss Idaho for People's Choice in Miss America

Sierra Sandison, Miss Idaho in the 2014 Miss America would like us to vote for her as the People's Choice. You may know of her from the #Sh…

Started by Marie B

4 8 hours ago
Reply by Marie B

Medicare coverage approved yet for Omnipod?

I can't complain about the Medtronic Paradigm pump, but have heard that Omnipod has been trying for several years to get it covered under M…

Started by Suhen

2 12 hours ago
Reply by Suhen

Running a Half-Marathon

Hi all! Running my first half in about a month. I ran a 10k last weekend, and believe I went low during part of it. I had Chomps and some S…

Started by jfreeman18

4 yesterday
Reply by Jacob L

What happened?

Had a light dinner last night--some broiled pork tenderloin and eggplant with 15 carbs of bread crumbs on top. Was 83 and bloused .8, based…

Started by Spock

3 yesterday
Reply by meee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service