Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,745)

Featured Discussions

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's momLatest Reply

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48Latest Reply

CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

State Sen. Bill Monning (D-Carmel) and the California Medical Assn. said the legislation is necessary because research links sugary drink c…

Started by MelittaLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pedicure, yay or nay?

I'm a recently diagnosed adult type 1(probably LADA, then). My blood sugar has responded fairly well to MDI, my A1c was 6.7 at the last che…

Started by Elena

19 5 hours ago
Reply by ChemDracula "Amy"

insulin to carb ratio

Just out of curiosity, what is everyone's insulin to carb ratio? I inject 1 unit of insulin for every 5 grams of carbs

Started by Raven Hughes

40 6 hours ago
Reply by ChemDracula "Amy"

Facebook

Do you ever post articles on Facebook about Diabetes? And, do you get any responses from your friends?

Started by Sportster

26 15 hours ago
Reply by acidrock23

Does anyone else in the middle of their diabetic burnout?

Can we help each other somehow in this thread? I've just can not take it any longer. I've jumped to moderate carb diet because felt really…

Started by Tabacblond

5 on Saturday
Reply by Stuart

Why Not Continue to Refrigerate Open Insulin Pens?

I use both NovoLog FlexPens and Levemir FlexTouch pens, and something about the documentation I've read doesn't make sense to me. I know th…

Started by Mark

39 on Friday
Reply by phoenixbound

All basal, no meal time insulin

Hi guys! I was diagnosed with Type 1 about a month and a half ago and a few weeks ago I started experiencing much more "normal" blood sugar…

Started by KBJ86

13 on Thursday
Reply by KBJ86

I want one

But not available in the US??!! http://www.medgadget.com/2014/09/abbott-freestyle-libre-flash-continuous-glucose-monitoring-system.html

Started by Karen

121 on Thursday
Reply by phoenixbound

T1 & lens type for cataract surgery

I will have cataract surgery for the first time early this summer and am going nuts trying to decide which type of lens replacement to requ…

Started by Nell

14 on Thursday
Reply by Nell

Coffee and Blood Sugars

Hi everyone! I LOVE BLACK COFFEE :D I drink maybe two cups a day just because I love the taste. What I don't understand is I think it is ma…

Started by Denise

17 on Thursday
Reply by Jenny

Pumping to MDI and keeping A1C below 7

Hi ya'll, I have flip flopped a few times between insulin pump and MDI and then ultimately back to insulin pump. I do really miss the flexi…

Started by elizabetta

47 on Wednesday
Reply by YogaO

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service