Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,364)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

pump reliablility questions

I've finally reached a point where I feel ready to start pumping. I've done a lot of research, and am currently wearing a saline filled MM…

Started by ish

12 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by ish

Hot tubs and diabetics?

I've heard that diabetics shouldn't go in hot tubs and was wondering if thats true and if it is what are the reasons or why do they say not…

Started by Leanna

27 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Injecting before or after meals

Hi. I calculate my insulin injections by the amount of carbs I eat at every meal. Sometimes I have a hard time eating what I have injected…

Started by Katherine Garbish

11 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Katherine Garbish

Can Type 1 Diabetics also be insulin resistant?

I have been Type 1 for 36 1/2 years and see all the time about Type 2 diabetics being insulin-resistant. I am wondering if, as a Type 1 and…

Started by Catherine

24 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Catherine

A View from the Outside In (Cont.)

(please visit the first discussion prior to reading this) 4) I think it is impairative that as a diabetic comes to terms with their diseas…

Started by Christy Ann

12 Sep 8, 2009
Reply by Gerri

I Want to Stop Over-treating Lows! Any suggestions?

Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has tips on resisting that overwhelming urge to majorly over-treat lows. When I get low enough (40s…

Started by Laura Wood

23 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

A View from the Outside In

I've been married for almost 5 years to a type one diabetic. Ever since I met this woman I have loved and supported her, and accepted the d…

Started by Christy Ann

1 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Karen

Great News!

So my doctor called me yesterday just to let me know that my application for my insulin and test strips to be covered was approved. I'm a f…

Started by Elizabeth

12 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Need advice on tatoos

My wife has major involment in breast cancer awareness-for the cure and wants to get tatoo ( her first) and I said I would ask you ,my frei…

Started by michael

3 Sep 7, 2009
Reply by Elizabeth

Sure-T Question...Dave?

Ok, so I ordered a sample pack of Sure-T's when I was refilling my supply shipment today. I'm curious. But I've heard that the Sure-T's can…

Started by Amanda

25 Sep 6, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service