Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,548)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

RETAINING WATER?

MY DIABETES HAD BEEN UNMANAGED FOR EIGHT YEARS NOW. FOR THE LAST YEAR I'VE CONSISTENTLY HAD SOME KETONES IN MY URINE. AS SOON AS I TAKE ALL…

Started by Kristen Rose

6 Oct 30, 2009
Reply by Teena

Waardenburg syndrome...anyone else have this?

if you have, know of, or know someone with this genetic disorder please contact me asap. ty.

Started by MaryBeth

0 Oct 30, 2009

Severe Overnight Lows

Does anyone get really low overnight and have to have help coming back? Sometimes I wake up and my husband has been trying to get me to eat…

Started by Lauren

7 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Jessica

can we give 1 or 2 day break for ARB and ACB inhibitors(B.P controlling medicines)

can we give 1 or 2 day break for ARB and ACB inhibitors(B.P controlling medicines) as our kidneys and body also wants relief

Started by ravinder

3 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by nel

My A1c's 1980-2009

As part of my preparation for my taking part in the Joslin Medalist Study I am supposed to have a listing of all my A1c's that have ever be…

Started by Richard157

10 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Brunetta

Fast Acting Carbs aren't fast

Does anyone have a problem when going low that fast acting carbs take 30 - 60 minutes to kick in? If I take fast acting carbs for a low, an…

Started by Brad Ringer

12 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Solo insulin pump

Anyone get their sample of the new Medingo (Solo) tubeless insulin pump yet? I got mine in the mail today. Pretty impressive at first glanc…

Started by David

2 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Sophie

Restaurant Tips

My daughter was dx just a few weeks ago. My wife had a commitment last night and my daughter wanted to go out to eat. Her choice of restaur…

Started by Larry D

21 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by jodiiiii

A DAY iN THE LiFE ?

My name is Kristen. I've had diabetes for 8 years now. I am totally unmanaged. My A1c is around 12%- extremely to high. I need some advice…

Started by Kristen Rose

6 Oct 29, 2009
Reply by Erin Ball

question - how many carbs do you count for an apple??

I usually count 20 but my bs ends up being high afterwards... so for a normal sized golden delicious would it be more like 30? random ques…

Started by snowangel66

17 Oct 28, 2009
Reply by Jan

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service