Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,373)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Absorption Problems?

OK, I've had this issue more than once, but now I'm documenting it. My sugar has been low since the weekend, and no matter what I eat or dr…

Started by KiwiRox

8 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by KiwiRox

Pictures Of My Joslin Certificate and Medal

My award from Joslin is for 50 years. They give medals for 50 and 75 years. On Sept. 15 I will have my 64'th anniversary of my diagnosis. I…

Started by Richard157

15 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Scotty Hinote

going to shots from pump

i am on the omnipod and have had so many failures that i am now out of pods! my shipment doesn't come in till sept 22nd....so, i guess, i w…

Started by Myriah

3 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

work out (gym)

hi , i have seen many people with diabetes going and working out at gym to build their body .and one of my friend who is type1 is also wor…

Started by vinodh

3 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Xanthasun

Good carb counting guides?

I find most carb counting guides very frustrating to use and often inaccurate too. It is very time consuming to look up food items and comb…

Started by Ruth Dallas

2 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Stacey

How slow is an untreated low?

We're becoming convinced that V is having undetected nightime lows, which is causing his breakfast highs. (The highs are not every or even…

Started by Katie Zeller

16 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Stuart

insurance??

Hi, My name is Kalee Im type 1 on a pump. Im a single mother & was on a state program for my son & I. However they are kicking off…

Started by KALEE CRESPIN

5 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by KALEE CRESPIN

Has Anyone been Diagnosed With This?

I have been pretty sick for awhile now. Especially since the end of May. lots of Gastrointestinal Probems. I hate to say this but have had…

Started by Debbie

0 Sep 9, 2009

Forum Finder

How can I find a Forum that's not a main forum ?

Started by Ray Marino

3 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by Ray Marino

pump reliablility questions

I've finally reached a point where I feel ready to start pumping. I've done a lot of research, and am currently wearing a saline filled MM…

Started by ish

12 Sep 9, 2009
Reply by ish

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service