Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,526)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How do I tell if I have scar tissue?

Hello all! New to the forums and have questions for you pump users. Ive been using a 6mm cannula with the minimed quick set ever since I f…

Started by onesaint

14 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by onesaint

Switching from Cozmo to Medtronic

I will admit I am not used to it yet but Ive recently switched my Cozmo to a Medtronic 722 and am very unhappy. The problems I am having is…

Started by Brad

17 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

Over-correcting highs!!

I have a realllllly bad habit of over-correcting a high BG. Which usually tends to lead to low bg. Does anyone else have this really bad ha…

Started by Kenneth Kellner

59 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Dave    _

When do you seek assistance from your diabetes team?

I have been having unusually high BG over the past week or so. Yesterday and 2 days before that I've gone around 400. It's not that I never…

Started by Stacey

9 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by Stacey

surgery with diabetes

I would love for anyone to share any information on having surgery and the healing affect. What are the complications, if any, after foot s…

Started by taj knights

35 Sep 11, 2009
Reply by onesaint

Absorption Problems?

OK, I've had this issue more than once, but now I'm documenting it. My sugar has been low since the weekend, and no matter what I eat or dr…

Started by KiwiRox

8 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by KiwiRox

Pictures Of My Joslin Certificate and Medal

My award from Joslin is for 50 years. They give medals for 50 and 75 years. On Sept. 15 I will have my 64'th anniversary of my diagnosis. I…

Started by Richard157

15 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Scotty Hinote

going to shots from pump

i am on the omnipod and have had so many failures that i am now out of pods! my shipment doesn't come in till sept 22nd....so, i guess, i w…

Started by Myriah

3 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by MelissaBL

work out (gym)

hi , i have seen many people with diabetes going and working out at gym to build their body .and one of my friend who is type1 is also wor…

Started by vinodh

3 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Xanthasun

Good carb counting guides?

I find most carb counting guides very frustrating to use and often inaccurate too. It is very time consuming to look up food items and comb…

Started by Ruth Dallas

2 Sep 10, 2009
Reply by Stacey

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service