Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,492)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Cure to type 1 diabetes,

On the 18th of October, i am going on a walk to help raise money to find a cure for type 1 diabetes. Yes, you may think because its an Aust…

Started by Hannah Amy Dawe

0 Sep 3, 2009

Job Loss

I had loss my job, was forced to resign on Thursday July 30, 2009 and lost my insurance on the same day. Two days before I was to refill my…

Started by Chadd

19 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Chadd

How many of you have tested for individual foods?

I've heard some of you say that this has made a substantial difference in your control. What did you do to test? How long did you wait to e…

Started by carolyne hart

7 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Jan

diabetes educators

Does anybody have a go to diabetes educator? Do you find them as helpful as your doctor?

Started by Domo!

9 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Robin

Don't Text and Drive/ An Excellent Video

Warning:This viideo is not suitable for children! It is for everyone who drives. Even if you don't text whilr driving, your watching this v…

Started by Richard157

7 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Mike S.

highs..

I was just wondering what anyone does for when they are stressed and nervous, and not any drop of insulin seems to get their blood sugar do…

Started by Heather Nicole

5 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Janet

The International Food Information Council

The International Food Information Council conducted a national survey to gain a better understanding of consumers’ current knowledge, atti…

Started by Amy Domestico

0 Sep 2, 2009

My Participation In The Joslin Medalist Study

There is an ongoing study at Harvard and the Joslin Diabetes Center in Boston. The Joslin medalists are the subjects involved in the study.…

Started by Richard157

5 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Richard157

UTI/Kidney Infection

I have been feeling Very tired most of the week, frequenting the bathroom more often(especially at night), then achy kidney pain yesterday.…

Started by Terrie

8 Sep 2, 2009
Reply by Terrie

Men or Women

Hi, my husband just asked me if I knew if more women or men develope Type 1 Diabetes? Does anyone know? Thanks!

Started by Kristy

5 Sep 1, 2009
Reply by Kristy

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

La Diabetes Hands Foundation y HelpAround uniendo las personas tocadas por la diabetes

Para nuestra comunidad de diabetes la tecnología ha venido a llenar muchos vacíos y a hacer de nuestras vidas un poco mas llevaderas. Eso mismo nos proporciona una nueva aplicación de geo-localización llamada HelpAround (Ayuda a tu alrededor). HA Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service