Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,553)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Yellow Fever Vaccine????

I have not had this come up for quite some time. And I have done research online, called the doc (it is still a vacation day I guess), and…

Started by A. Barney

5 Sep 3
Reply by JohnG

DKA - 15 years post diagnosis

Hi all! *waves* I've not been active on this site in a while but I wanted to see if there was anyone else out there like me. I was dx 15 ye…

Started by KCCO

13 Sep 3
Reply by elizabetta

Towards an Artificial Pancreas for Type-1 Diabetes: Control Theory Implications

Upcoming event at Princeton University. http://ee.princeton.edu/events/towards-artificial-pancreas-type-1-diabetes-control-theory-implicati

Started by Khürt Williams

1 Sep 3
Reply by Terry

And on the other hand, we have a different BGL

Hi everyone, Weird question, but have you ever done 2 BGL readings right after each other, but on different hands? I just did (and yes, I w…

Started by pixierun13

10 Sep 3
Reply by JohnG

more bad advice on television

My friend sent me this link. http://video.foxnews.com/v/3759775700001/im-diabetic-but-love-fruit-should-i-worry/#sp=show-clips What do you…

Started by Negg

5 Sep 2
Reply by Cora

How Weird Am I? My 13 Year Honeymoon Continues

I've been lurking here for a few months and it's nice to be here among such knowledgeable people! I'll try to give a brief as possible syno…

Started by Badlands

15 Sep 1
Reply by JustLookin

Diabetic Wife and Pregnancy

Hi there, My wife and I are both type 1 diabetics and have been for over 15 years. She is currently pregnant with our second child. Sadly…

Started by Richard

3 Aug 30
Reply by swisschocolate

Minimeds Guardian REAL-Time Continuous Glucose Monitoring System

I am thinking about getting Minimed's CGM and was wondering what peoples thoughts on it were. Love it/Hate it? Any other suggestions for a…

Started by Sean Jelosek

47 Aug 29
Reply by LADA 2008

Pumping vs MDI - A Case for Both

I am flip flopping on Pumping or using MDI to manage my diabetes. I can argue for both. Pump: Mentally better, once it is set right. MDI: M…

Started by Trev

77 Aug 29
Reply by Diabetic Dad

Complications

Ok. I hate to bring up something scary, but since I've dealt with some - I wanted to know who else has had to deal with complications and m…

Started by Katrina

35 Aug 28
Reply by Tiki

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MedicareCoverCGM Panel Discussion

If you follow the diabetes online community, you know that #MedicareCoverCGM is a big deal. We have continued to raise awareness on #MedicareCoverCGM because we believe that ALL people living with diabetes should have access to continuous glucose monitors (CGM). With Read on! →

#WalkWithD: Making MORE Sense of Diabetes

A few years ago, we at Diabetes Hands Foundation reached out to the members on TuDiabetes and asked them to share their perspective of life with diabetes through one of the five senses, as part of an initiative called Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service