Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,720)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using CGM data

So I've now been using the Dexcom for three weeks (my first sensor lasted 16 days, and I'm doing a second just to make sure it wasn't a flu…

Started by Jen

39 Feb 11
Reply by mohe0001

one touch verio &diasend

>Is anyone else having a problem with diasend not recognizing the meter cable for one touch verio? ganizing

Started by Dee Meloche

0 Feb 10

Anyone with T1 and Celiac have MORE trouble with control?

After being diagnosed with T1D, I was pretty proud of myself for getting my blood glucose well under control - my ratios were working, I wa…

Started by Shari

6 Feb 10
Reply by Lilli

Article on the artificial pancreas in Time magazine

There is an excellent article in the latest issue of Time magazine (Feb 9, 2015 issue) about the artificial pancreas being developed by Ed…

Started by Melitta

32 Feb 9
Reply by mohe0001

Pregnant with Type one diabetes

Hello to anyone reading this! I'm here to share my story about my first pregnancy, not to brag or anything but just as encouragement to any…

Started by AlyssaCarswell

0 Feb 6

Type 1 and new drug Jardiance

Hi folks! So today at my endo appt she wanted me to try a newly approved med for T2 called Jardiance. You can read about the announcement H…

Started by Dan P

16 Feb 5
Reply by Dan P

Night Checks?

I didn't want to start this in the other tread about the NYT video. I have a feeling this would have brought it off topic. How many people…

Started by TimmyMac

33 Feb 5
Reply by Leah

Questions about 16 year old son, job, college ....

Hi all, My son has been doing pretty good with his D lately but a few issues are weighing on my mind. He started his first job at a grocery…

Started by Jacob's mom

38 Feb 4
Reply by Abe

How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

I seem to be a compulsive "tester".....I was just wondering if I am "out there" on how many Test Strips I use. I will say about 400-500 a m…

Started by Robyn

596 Feb 3
Reply by Margaret Ford

Are you the chosen one? ... Type 1, that is.

I just want to know who here is like me and is the first and only known Type 1 in your entire family. I'm talking you have no known diabet…

Started by dino

636 Feb 3
Reply by DrBB

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service