Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,365)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

T1 & Hashimoto's Question

I'm curious... Is there any correlation between having T1 & Hashimoto's or vice versa? Just wondering if you have 1 autoimmune disease/…

Started by jriccardi

23 Mar 25
Reply by David S

My niece is 8

Just hit me today, and makes me sad. Both my nieces were over Friday night for a sleepover and it hit me that my beautiful (baby) niece Ave…

Started by Karen

6 Mar 24
Reply by Karen

The cheap diabetic

I wanted to some advice on some of the things I do to save money. Are some of the actions I'm taking doing more harm to me than good? Stuff…

Started by Rocketeer

32 Mar 24
Reply by Terry

I guess low is not that low.

I was at my sister's house today and she was showing me the results of her bloodwork she had to obtain for Life Insurance. Of course I zer…

Started by Karen

50 Mar 23
Reply by Debra Marek

Pump Protocal at TSA Screening--what do you do?

So pump users, what do you do? I have been traveling a lot for work, and will not go through the new security machines. MiniMed told me tha…

Started by Spock

26 Mar 21
Reply by Michelle

Back to mundane foot problem...and afraid

I used everyone's advice and went to the podiatrist today. The "fissure" on my heel was great, seems I did all the right things, PHEW! Than…

Started by Spock

2 Mar 21
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Insulin Bottle Craft

I was reading a discussion and someone asked for ideas for reusing insulin bottles. I have been making Christmas ornaments, Vacation Bible…

Started by Lisa Craig

15 Mar 20
Reply by Tara

Springtime highs - Type 1

every spring (at least around this time each year) for the past three years my BG's have gone crazy for about a week. Some background, I am…

Started by Bob

5 Mar 18
Reply by david-1968

VERY Mundane and Terrifiying Topic: Dry, Cracked and Bleeding Feet.

Over the last 4 months I have slathered moisturizers, oils, Vaseline all over my heels. After the slather, I put on socks, hoping to help s…

Started by Spock

11 Mar 17
Reply by jewels

Frequent of hypos and how to avoid it?

I really need your help. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on April 8, 2013. My first doses (MDI) when first diagnosed is 10u breakfast,…

Started by Lyna

3 Mar 17
Reply by Sensorium139

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service