Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,526)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Patterns in animas pump

I cant figure out how to add a new pattern in my Animas vibe pump. Can someone advise?  Thank you much!

Started by skrugman

2 Aug 11
Reply by PMichel

Whats the most annoying comment you've ever gotten about diabetes?

I've gotten quite a lot of really annoying and sometimes even hurtful comments about my diabetes... When i told a family friend who (by th…

Started by Dolores

2649 Aug 11
Reply by Dee

Long time pumper.... going back to injections?

The title says it all. I have been on a pump for 17 years now. Due to a declining pump (it is 12 years old) and the cost to keep pumping ou…

Started by A. Barney

25 Aug 11
Reply by Kiwikrystie

Sliding scale

Does anyone still use the sliding scale? If so, what criteria do you use for it? I'm having a fight with a doctor my mom saw while she was…

Started by Cara

6 Aug 10
Reply by sdkate

insulin dosage adjustments

The recommendation is to inject Novolog 20 minutes before meal time. What are some of the options if: a. you eat more than you planned beca…

Started by lh378

9 Aug 10
Reply by lh378

Diabetic and an EMT or paramedic?

Hello everyone, I've a question. Can a type 1 diabetic be a paramedic or an EMT? I was always told no, but now I'm not sure. See, I know of…

Started by Cara

25 Aug 9
Reply by Cara

Healthspan/Kaiser in Ohio Need Doc Recomendations T1D

I just moved back to Ohio and my new insurance is Healthspan/Kaiser. I am concerned about the doc I was assigned to because she told me tha…

Started by Casey

17 Aug 5
Reply by Casey

Prior Authorization for test stips

Hello everyone, I have recently changed insurance which has made everything that I get related to DM management be re-evaluated. My insurer…

Started by nrioles

0 Aug 5

First Endo Appointment

Going to see my Endo for the first time this week. Overall I've been managing pretty well, but am looking to the more experienced people ou…

Started by JeffJinSD

7 Aug 5
Reply by Sensorium139

Perfect blood sugars

Had one of these for lunch today, not much food, but.... no bolus, perfect blood sugars, and was not starving the rest of the day, just a g…

Started by Karen

0 Aug 4

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Diabetes Among Hispanics: We’re not all the same

US Hispanics are often portrayed in the press as a single, monolithic group. But anyone who has spent any time in San Francisco’s Mission District or the Bronx can tell you, we’re not all the same. Now we’re finding out Read on! →

Diabetes entre los hispanos: no somos todos iguales

Traducido por Mila Ferrer.    A menudo los Hispanos en Estados Unidos son retratados en la prensa como un solo grupo, monolítico. Pero cualquiera que haya pasado algún tiempo en el  Mission District de San Francisco o el Bronx se Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service