Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,608)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need advice on Levemir (and anything else I mention here ;))

Hi all! I have read, and read, and read some more and now I think I have TOO MUCH info in my head. Basically what I need at this point is t…

Started by woolds

3 Oct 24
Reply by Brian (bsc)

Get Your Frakking Flu Shot

I've been a Type 1 for a little over 5 years. I've got my flu shot every year... But this year the flu (or some God-awful virus) got me bef…

Started by Timbeak48

36 Oct 22
Reply by angivan

LOWS!

So, I'm wondering if I could get some advice here, please? I keep having these really bad lows, happened again today. My last bolus was at…

Started by Sarah

23 Oct 20
Reply by Sarah

Pumping and returning to MDI

Have any of you been using a pump and then decided to go back to MDI?

Started by Karen

4 Oct 20
Reply by Sensorium139

Language can be fun

I have a nephew who is smart and basically great fun. One of those English Majors that Garrison Keillor talks about. Anyway, he posted on h…

Started by artwoman

13 Oct 18
Reply by Mark

How rapidly does the battery of the Dexcom G4 receiver fail?

Last February I started using a DEXCOM G4 CGM which I love -- I don't understand how I managed without it (I'm a MDI T1). However, I just h…

Started by flyprof

10 Oct 17
Reply by Terry

High Blood Sugar After Flu Shot

My son Griffin is 8 years old. He got his flu shot on Saturday and since Sunday morning he has been high. He's been in the 200's most of th…

Started by Jennifer

13 Oct 17
Reply by Trudy

Just Out?

HealthlineNews Healthline → Healthline News → Scientists Make Insulin-Producing Cells from Stem Cells to Cure Type 1 Diabetes Scientists Ma…

Started by SuperDave

0 Oct 16

The low life

Hi all I'm going a little crazy this week and need some advice. I'm on the omnipod, have a cgm and was going along pretty good until this w…

Started by Alisha

10 Oct 16
Reply by Alisha

type 1success stories, 25 years and more with no complications

Hi everyone, I am really at a very low point in my life. I am pump user for 6 month now and struggle to get disease under control. I need t…

Started by Sofie-A.

19 Oct 15
Reply by Kim

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

TuDiabetes Is Getting A Makeover!

Written By Emily Coles, TuDiabetes Community Manager. Last summer we surveyed members of TuDiabetes and EsTuDiabetes online communities, and gained some GREAT insights! We learned that our members are happy with the information and support they receive on TuDiabetes and Read on! →

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service