Type 1 Diabetes Forum (5,375)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How long do you go between infusion set and sensor changes?

I am a relatively new Medtronic pump user (since last December), and I just received my first set of "refills" of my Enlite sensors and Qui…

Started by Sandy

15 Apr 4
Reply by IL71

T1 as metaphor

How do you all feel when you see another disease or condition being stated as "just like diabetes and insulin"? It seems to me sometimes th…

Started by andrea_mcd

12 Apr 4
Reply by andrea_mcd

chuck norris

Started by Domo!

206 Apr 2
Reply by danmdphd

Any Type 1's here that have had gastric sleeve surgery?

I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age 21 in 1994. I was a healthy weight then. I am now 40, and through years of higher and higher insulin req…

Started by RhondaB

7 Apr 2
Reply by christy

Urine Testing Question

I was wondering how often you all get your urine testing done for protein etc? My endo was doing this much more frequently at first and now…

Started by meee

50 Mar 30
Reply by meee

What's considered hypo unawareness? and is Hyper unawareness possible?

Reason i ask is because i can wake up at 42 (and have, several times) and the only clue i have that my BG is low is that my heart is beatin…

Started by Stephen Gilbert

24 Mar 30
Reply by Holger Schmeken

Long term prognosis for controlled type 1s?

So, I'm now into my 6th year of membership in the T1 club. Late onset at 39 years old. I'm 6'1" and 165lbs. Most of the time I have been ke…

Started by Chris

90 Mar 30
Reply by Zoe

Stomach Emptying Scan

So, my Endo wanted me to do a stomach emptying scan - test, which I did this AM. No big deal, really and I had the nicest tech doing the te…

Started by Sarah

2 Mar 29
Reply by Sarah

What type of supplements do you take and for what?

I have been adding different supplements to my regime over the years based on specific issues I have had or research I have read up on. My…

Started by PedsRN

22 Mar 27
Reply by Karen

Multiwave bolus for coffee?

I know this is a little advanced and may not get much response but I'll try anyway. On a pump I know many people will use a multiwave bolus…

Started by ebeauchea

67 Mar 26
Reply by ebeauchea

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service