Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,582)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Have any of you had a heart attack?

Hello everyone, I’m trying to learn more about the link between Type 2 diabetes and heart attacks. About half of all people who experience…

Started by Kathryn

0 May 15, 2009

Im 20 years old, obese, and insulin resistant. Does that mean that Im diabetic or going to be diabetic?

To give you some background Im 20 years old and all my life ive basically been the posterchild for childhood obesity. I cant remember a tim…

Started by Jessica

5 May 14, 2009
Reply by Ben Casey

Pains due to insulin allergy?

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum. First of all, I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful input. I've learnt so much about diab…

Started by Varena

5 May 14, 2009
Reply by Gerri

So mad I could spit

I finally got a chance to talk to someone at my pcp's office, and basically until my a1c goes over some magic number they aren't going to d…

Started by Halle

9 May 14, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Would this worry you too?

Yesterday I checked my sisters blood sugar after checking mine. She had eaten mac and cheese and some vanilla coke before we tested. Her fi…

Started by Alyssa Smith

5 May 14, 2009
Reply by Cheri

Fasting glucose level

I f a person ate a giant candy bar at midnight and tested on a home glucose meter at 8:30 am the next day and had a fasting glucose level o…

Started by ger

3 May 13, 2009
Reply by Mandy

What is the initial cause of insulin resistance ?

Read this and comment. It may be that the lack of proper sleep may be causing insulin resistance and the epidemic of obesity and diabetes.…

Started by Anthony Holko

12 May 11, 2009
Reply by ElsiesAttic

Glipizide and diarrhea....

Hello My partner was put on glipized last week. It gae him these weird food cravings and made him super hungry like his body demanding food…

Started by Aaron

10 May 11, 2009
Reply by Vanessa Garcia

Back from Endo - FOLLOW UP

OMG - She fired me!!! I left a message, she called. I said I wanted to switch to Levemir. She said, "we talked about this. It's only once a…

Started by Cheri

43 May 10, 2009
Reply by Sylvia

Anyone see this MSNBC article about type 2 diabetes?

"Beating diabetes: Some do, but are they cured? Scientists plan to study patients who control their blood sugar, kick meds" http://www.msnb

Started by Pubsgal

9 May 9, 2009
Reply by Eric Kim

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#MasterLab through the eyes of the community

The Diabetes Hands Foundation would like to thank everyone for attending the diabetes advocates MasterLab on July 2nd 2014. MasterLab was about building a sense of what is possible and designed to give advocates a chance to learn from veteran Read on! →

DHF Partners with HelpAround in an Effort to Connect People Touched by Diabetes

Leer en español Technology has the amazing ability to ease the stress associated with diabetes; It simply makes our lives a little more bearable. That’s why we are excited to announce DHFs partnership with HelpAround. This new application will help Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service