Type 2 Diabetes Forum (1,640)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

vegeteian diet

Can you please comment about something that I read regarding diabetes.. I read that a vegeterian diet can lower the sugar levels and in som…

Started by N.B.

5 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Jeannie Wagner

Two hour post meal (prandial) readings

I am a diabetic educator RN and have type II diabetes---I am so frustrated ---It is SO hard to get people to understand that two hour readi…

Started by Lora

20 Jun 18, 2009
Reply by Jeannie Wagner

Real world advice, Metformin and Beer.. And..

I have a host of issues im dealing with right now. I just started taking meds , Metformin 500MG a day and accupril. At this time in not rea…

Started by Mark

12 Jun 17, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Follow Team Type 2 in the Race Across America!

Please follow Team Type 2 in the Race Across America (RAAM) My RAAM links page is at http://www.bobavritt.com. You will find links to aid…

Started by Bob Avritt

0 Jun 17, 2009

Is my wife a good candidate for the insulin pen?

Greetings: We will not make any medical decisions based on any advice received on this Forum but we are very curious about how this Forum f…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

11 Jun 15, 2009
Reply by FatCatAnna

Switching to Levemir - Your Experiences With Dosage & Weight?

If you switched from Lantus to Levemir - did you have to up the dose? If so, by how much? I found the Levemir not as strong as the Lantus -…

Started by Cheri

5 Jun 14, 2009
Reply by Gerri

Byetta plus Metformin

I have a type 2 friend on insulin who finds that Byetta works great when she uses it with metformin, but it doesn't work at all when used a…

Started by gretchen

6 Jun 14, 2009
Reply by Yvonne

Does anyone have any idea what a Humulin (N) pen needle would cost in Canada?

Greetings: My wife’s doctor has advised us that my wife can use the insulin pen. He wants us to come to his office in a few days so that he…

Started by Marad Assukkeri

0 Jun 13, 2009

Criteria for Symlin? For T1s or T2s

I put this under the T2 forum cuz I'm kinda in between right now. I was a T2 for over 15 years, then a T1 - but I'm waiting to hear whether…

Started by Cheri

2 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Jason

perfect number

I went to the doctor today and she took my ac1 and it perfect a 6.1 and i lost 5 pounds. I did this with diet and exercize only and my doct…

Started by Rachel King

2 Jun 12, 2009
Reply by Anthony Holko

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF Joins Diabetes Advocacy Alliance

Diabetes Hands Foundation is incredibly honored to join the Diabetes Advocacy Alliance, an organization with the drive and potential to affect a powerful, positive impact on diabetes and healthcare policy. Diabetes Advocacy Alliance is a 20-member coalition of leading professional Read on! →

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service