10 things I HATE about you!!!
1. I hate that I feel like a presence is always lerking around the corner or hovering. Waiting for me to miss count my carbs or to forget to bolus for insulin. Its the feeling one might get while playing with a "Jack in a box" you know the more you turn the crank, the more likely that ugly scary clown will jump out. It's enveitable that carbs will be missed counted and/or insulin might not be given. It's part of the diabetes game.
2. It drives me INSANE how my emotions are affected in one way or another because the number on the meter is "Lo" or "HI".
3. I hate how out of control my blood sugars can be because of hormornes. I can plan and measure a meal out to the tee and still have unexplainable HI's or LO's.
4. I deplore the lepard print spots all over my body because of my pump site and CGM system. They most defiantly didn't tell me about them.....SURPRISE!!!!
5. I really hate the time i lose in the black whole, most would call the doctors office. I really lose like 1/4 of my day about twice a month at various appointments. Time is valuable!!!
6. It's supper annoying to have to explain to a elderly person with "diabetes" that diet and exercise won't decrease my total insulin intake.
7.I know that many people are truly sorry when they find out i have a chronic life condition but please don't tell me you sorry!!!!! I'm not sorry and my life is most defiantly not sorry!!!!! I know they mean well. But "I'm sorry won't make my beta-cells start kicking again!!
8. I HATE I have two extra appendages......yes my insulin pump and my Dexcom. I'm always attached to something that reminds me of how malfunctioning I am.
9.I hate the LOVE/HATE relationship with food!! I love food, i mean Alll food!!! But i HATE how my body responds to it!!
10. I hate how diabetes have infiltrated every relationship I have. It might not seem apparent that it affects them but it does. It affected my parents when i was young with many sleepless nights because they had to attend their sickly child. It affected how my siblings related to me and how they viewed how my parent cared for them. It has affected my many great friends with hours of worry and confusion. And is currently affecting one my the most, if not the most important relationship i have now.