My 12 yr old wears Dexcom and we love it! We haven't upgraded to the G5 yet, we use the adult G4. We tried the pediatric G4 but didn't find it accurate enough since it didn't have the 505 update.
- Yes it is very accurate! (most of the time) Of course, the first day isn't as accurate as other days.
- Yes, we dose off of Dexcom (but only when no crazy BS swings)
- We sleep better, since Dexcom alarms if things are out of target BS range.
- Dexcom is very helpful in getting the right basal settings.
- Even with crazy hormonal induced BS swings, Dexcom helped to lower my son's A1c and prevented any scary lows.
- When my son has large BS swings over a short amount of time then Dexcom is not so accurate but once his sugars settle then Dexcom is great again.
- Dexcom is a big piece to wear on his skin so some days he just needs a break. My son wears it for 7 days and then take 2 days off.
- My son is allergic to the Dexcom adhesive, so it took a bit of experimenting to find the right barrier for his skin.
- Dexcom alarm isn't terribly loud, but when sleeping we leave it on a small metal baking tray so the vibration is amplified by the rattle of the tray. (This isn't a problem with the G5/iPhone because the iPhone alarms louder)