Well, @Dave26, I have a new one for you on the "unable to leak Omnipod" (as only an engineer would)
I only use the Omnipod for basal delivery - no boluses at all. 25.3u per day. Basic math tells us that is:
(25.3u * 3 days) + 4u prime = 79.9u of insulin - the 80u minimum the pod needs to activate.
I actually fill my pods with 90u, as I change them at 7:30am weekdays, and the extra 10 units gives me "play time" on weekends. So I should have roughly 10 units left over on every change.
I put a new pod on me at 7:30am Thursday morning. At 5:30am Saturday, I got a "low insulin level" alarm on my PDM. It claimed I had 5 units of insulin left in the pod. That means I was missing roughly 35 units of insulin somewhere. No unusual lows or highs during that 2 days.
The only explanation Insulet Corporation (Omnipod) could give me was that it "must have been leaking." It was glued to me with Skin-Tac, and when I removed it there was no dampness. Upon insisting that such a leak would have caused quite unusual glucose levels, they responded with "No, leaking out the other end of the cannula." I'm not sure how that would be possible, but...
They did not consider a leak a pod fault, by the way. I had to eat that pod.
Of course, for me that is another reason they should display more than "> 50u" on their PDM display until it gets below 50u.