Finally, I found a place where to express my opinion about the Dexcom 7. I call it little monster. Yes, it is a monster but monster can be good and not too good.
I got my Dexcom last year, about one year ago now and I still don't like it too much and I tell you why?
My Cons about DExcom
- The receiver is too big, bigger than my pump and cellphone.
- The receiver is very uncomfortable to carry on, it should be something like a watch in many colors.
- It drives me crazy! my glucose had been in 60 and the receiver says 344!
- I have to calibrate it more than three (3) times a day.
- The transmitter is also too big, where you hiding with your swimsuit? I feel I have a LEGO sticked in my skin..
- The adhesive for the transmitter cover a big area. It should be clear or skin color.
My Pros about Dexcom
- Yes, It helps you when your glucose is getting low or high but you can't trust it at all.
I have read that Animas and Dexcom are working together to combine these two machines. I love my pump, but I hope the new one doesn't come bigger. It will be great have both machines in one, and I hope the technology helps them, so we can see it smaller and more efficient.