Kate's Discussions (1,081)

Discussions Replied To (280) Replies Latest Activity

"My son is now 13 weeks old and I haven't consistently worn the cgm for 12 weeks. It…"

Kate replied Dec 11, 2013 to Not wanting to wear dex

19 Dec 16, 2013
Reply by A. Barney

"Hi Jennifer - This is a great question and one that I have struggled with. I have T1…"

Kate replied Dec 4, 2013 to People with T1D who have children

9 Dec 4, 2013
Reply by Jennifer

"I totally just snarfed reading this. lol, AR!"

Kate replied Nov 21, 2013 to radiation risk from pumps and cgms

6 Nov 21, 2013
Reply by Scott A

"Congratulations, Rachel! Have you checked out the TuD Oh! Baby! group? Lots of other…"

Kate replied Nov 20, 2013 to T1 first pregnancy! So far so good...wishing insurance would pay for CGMS but no luck!

5 Nov 20, 2013
Reply by Kate

"Not sure what insurance you have, but I have BCBS. They sent me the letter stating t…"

Kate replied Nov 19, 2013 to Insurance is making me change insulin and test strips.... Your opinions please!

21 Nov 22, 2013
Reply by Clare

"woot! woot! My toddler just said that video was "boss" and I agree! Good luck on the…"

Kate replied Nov 15, 2013 to Local TV Interview for ***Inaugural*** Naperville Marathon!

33 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Whirlygig

"I am very open about Diabetes, but I like to think I'm not pushy about it. I wear my…"

Kate replied Oct 23, 2013 to Diabetic extrovert or introvert?

41 Nov 17, 2013
Reply by pancreaswanted

"Back when I was dx'd, I used the exchange system and would say stuff like "I need to…"

Kate replied Sep 12, 2013 to costco samples and miss information

11 Sep 12, 2013
Reply by barbraann

"Yup, DP... any maybe the caffeine in the coffee? I have to take 1 unit to cover an 8…"

Kate replied Sep 4, 2013 to why does this happen sometimes?

15 Sep 4, 2013
Reply by meee

"My endo gave me a OneTouch Delica lancet device with 10 trial lancets about 3 years…"

Kate replied Aug 29, 2013 to Re-using lancets -- some thoughts

25 Aug 30, 2013
Reply by christy

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service