Brian (bsc)'s Discussions (5,573)

Discussions Replied To (5164) Replies Latest Activity

"The quoted range of elevated fasting for MODY2 (GCK) is 5.5 - 8 mmols/l which is 100…"

Brian (bsc) replied on Sunday to MODY anyone?

5 on Sunday
Reply by GailD

"I have struggled with a proper diagnosis. MODY2 and MODY3 are very different. MODY2…"

Brian (bsc) replied on Saturday to MODY anyone?

5 on Sunday
Reply by GailD

"There isn't any evidence that sweetened beverages has any role in the emergence of a…"

Brian (bsc) replied on Thursday to CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

35 yesterday
Reply by Brunetta

"I find it a little hard to criticize legislation that seems positive even if the rea…"

Brian (bsc) replied Apr 10 to CA bill to label sugary sodas, says sugar consumption leads to diabetes

35 yesterday
Reply by Brunetta

"Why don't you like the idea of meat? Do you think it is bad? What about seafood? Do…"

Brian (bsc) replied Apr 7 to Breakfast ideas

49 on Monday
Reply by Sarah

"I would advise you to turn the question around and ask what is your blood sugar cont…"

Brian (bsc) replied Apr 7 to IS IT OKAY TO HAVE SMALL PIECE OF SWEET JUICES AND COLA DRINKS AND OTHER BEVERAGES OCCASIONALLY.

4 Apr 7
Reply by Zoe

"I truly believe that the whole perception of how to deal with diabetes as a chronic…"

Brian (bsc) replied Apr 7 to Terrible First Page Article in the Sunday NY Times

81 on Sunday
Reply by Slybrock

"Perhaps just some traditional recovery techniques will help. They say that for mild…"

Brian (bsc) replied Mar 28 to Getting back to better health through therapy and exercise

5 Mar 30
Reply by Brunetta

"I think that when you are still in the honeymoon stages things can be highly variabl…"

Brian (bsc) replied Mar 28 to Blood Sugar Fluctuations and Frustrations

7 Mar 30
Reply by Lilli D

"Having gone through the loss of my parents and dealt with all those issues I am now…"

Brian (bsc) replied Mar 28 to Durable Power of Attorney

8 Mar 28
Reply by Judith in Portland

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service