Holger Schmeken's Discussions (1,648)

Discussions Replied To (1494) Replies Latest Activity

"Beta blockers will reduce the hypo awareness for sure. It might help to increase the…"

Holger Schmeken replied yesterday to Heart Surgery and Low Blood-Sugar

5 yesterday
Reply by Tiki

"The design is small but it would have been possible to make the battery replaceable.…"

Holger Schmeken replied Apr 16 to Dexcom transmitter life.

22 yesterday
Reply by Cody Turner

"Technically you are a T1 diabetic. For T1 the beta cells and their supporting blood…"

Holger Schmeken replied Apr 10 to Technically not a diabetic but...

10 Apr 10
Reply by Dave

"I do not see that T1 and slow onset T1 share much characteristics with T2. At the cu…"

Holger Schmeken replied Apr 4 to Not sure. Mody or LADA?

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

"To my knowledge mody can be treated very well with sulfonyl based medications like A…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 31 to Not sure. Mody or LADA?

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

"I think first you should ask your doctor to prescribe you a Glucagon Emergency Kit.…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 30 to What's considered hypo unawareness? and is Hyper unawareness possible?

24 Mar 30
Reply by Holger Schmeken

"Fear is a bad advisor here because you can not do anything about it proactively. I t…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 25 to T1 & Hashimoto's Question

23 Mar 25
Reply by David S

"T1 is just one of many manifestations of an underlying autoimmune condition. It is a…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 24 to T1 & Hashimoto's Question

23 Mar 25
Reply by David S

"It is the powder called Technosphere that makes the insulin fast. Here Mankind uses…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 18 to What if you could get insulin without needles?

160 Apr 6
Reply by Sugar Bertie

"For the current batch they are using insulin that has been produced for the exubera…"

Holger Schmeken replied Mar 17 to What if you could get insulin without needles?

160 Apr 6
Reply by Sugar Bertie

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service