jims's Discussions (958)

Discussions Replied To (769) Replies Latest Activity

"This is an excellent question and the short answer is the one that works on your bod…"

jims replied May 15, 2013 to Meter Meter on the Wall...Who's the Fairest of Them All?

11 May 16, 2013
Reply by guitarnut

"This is asking important issues and points out an important concern. My read as a 30…"

jims replied May 15, 2013 to Why is pre-diabetes reversible but type 2 not?

46 May 15, 2013
Reply by jims

"Shutting down dawn phen is the most effective and gets a slug of glucose cut back. B…"

jims replied May 14, 2013 to Would i get any benefit from going to Metformin SR ?

7 May 14, 2013
Reply by amanda02

"I also use standard metformin. The numbers I have seen is 2.5 hours to max blood dos…"

jims replied May 13, 2013 to Would i get any benefit from going to Metformin SR ?

7 May 14, 2013
Reply by amanda02

"10-4 acidrock23 Unfortunately we all are facing massive cutbacks at medicare/insuran…"

jims replied May 9, 2013 to How many Test Strips do you use in 1 month? Just Curious.

524 Apr 9
Reply by sdkate

"To GRBernard 2 re: I've read articles that talk about the significant difference bet…"

jims replied May 9, 2013 to Newly dx'd, none of my doctors seem knowedgeable =(

24 May 13, 2013
Reply by hookilau

"Brian BSC makes good points. I would add that yes working with Basil Insulin can be…"

jims replied May 9, 2013 to Unexplained high blood sugars

8 May 9, 2013
Reply by jims

"you do not indicate if you are on metformin. Based on my experience, I would be chec…"

jims replied May 8, 2013 to Unexplained high blood sugars

8 May 9, 2013
Reply by jims

"most interesting. I found it was most important to do test when your blood glucose w…"

jims replied May 4, 2013 to How does a Bayer A1C work, can you get "refills"?

16 May 7, 2013
Reply by jbowler

"acidrock23: thank you for your clear and straightforward descriptions. the heartache…"

jims replied May 4, 2013 to Diagnosed 1 month ago

8 May 4, 2013
Reply by acidrock23

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service