gphx's Discussions (80)

Discussions Replied To (77) Replies Latest Activity

"At a starting A1C of say, 8, a 1.7% improvement drops it down .136 points to 7.864.…"

gphx replied Feb 9, 2012 to FDA approves Jentadueto™ tablets for the treatment of adult patients with type 2 diabetes

5 Jul 8, 2012
Reply by Anita Logan

"The must have seen The Big Blue Test"

gphx replied Dec 22, 2011 to USA Today article: "Brief, intense exercise lowers blood sugar"

4 Jan 10, 2012
Reply by jims

"Hair loss is often a common symptom of thyroid issues. Easy enough to get checked ou…"

gphx replied Dec 19, 2011 to Noticed increased hair loss in the shower. On Metformin 2x500 per day.

7 Dec 31, 2011
Reply by Jeannie Wagner

"The thing about cinnamon is it's much cheaper in the grocery aisle. It tastes great…"

gphx replied Dec 19, 2011 to CinSulin

6 Dec 26, 2011
Reply by Andrea Karim

"The 110 morning fbg may be due to dawn phenomenon, producting of glucose in the live…"

gphx replied Dec 3, 2011 to I am new, and have a few questions about upcoming doctor visit.

13 Dec 4, 2011
Reply by xring

"Oddly in recent years 65% of newly diagnosed lung cancer patients are nonsmokers or…"

gphx replied Dec 2, 2011 to Why is pre-diabetes reversible but type 2 not?

46 May 15, 2013
Reply by jims

"That's one of the reasons I hate A1C. According to the NIH and other sources an OGTT…"

gphx replied Dec 2, 2011 to Why is pre-diabetes reversible but type 2 not?

46 May 15, 2013
Reply by jims

"I don't believe in 'prediabetes' just as I don't believe it's possible to be just a…"

gphx replied Dec 1, 2011 to Why is pre-diabetes reversible but type 2 not?

46 May 15, 2013
Reply by jims

"MyBustedPancreas, look at it this way. At least you're not a Type 2 diabetic having…"

gphx replied Dec 1, 2011 to 5000 Physicians' Experiences with Patients with Diabetes

29 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by Hannah

"With some of our ancestral populations being agricultural in nature and others being…"

gphx replied Dec 1, 2011 to Dr. Fuhrman eat for health. Good? Bad? Or neither?

39 Dec 2, 2011
Reply by xring

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

An eye opening experience at @CWDiabetes!

Last month, I had one of the most amazing experiences I have had with technology since I have been living with diabetes. It happened at the Focus On Technology conference organized by Children With Diabetes in Los Angeles (the first Read on! →

World Diabetes Day at REALM Charter School

REALM Charter is a middle school full of amazing young people eager to learn about World Diabetes Day. Team DHF spent the day with over 300 students and taught them about the Big Blue Test and what they can do Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service