JohnG's Discussions (948)

Discussions Replied To (938) Replies Latest Activity

"I have heard that lowering ones A1c fast can cause eye bleeding but it's not a ongoi…"

JohnG replied Sep 9 to Stomach issue from stabilizing bg's too quickly

6 Sep 10
Reply by Tamra

"I use the 1/3 cc BD with a 31g 6mm needle. Some of my infusion sets work great but m…"

JohnG replied Sep 8 to Where to go after PUMP therapy?

9 Sep 8
Reply by JohnG

"I do large corrections with a syringe. Why I started pumping was to get better contr…"

JohnG replied Sep 8 to Where to go after PUMP therapy?

9 Sep 8
Reply by JohnG

"I'm a major organ transplant recipient, and go through a battery of scans every thre…"

JohnG replied Sep 8 to How long can a type 1 diabetic go without insulin

25 Sep 19
Reply by Mimikins

"No one should drink a quart of milk...:-) I drink Horizon 2%...a cup of milk is no p…"

JohnG replied Sep 6 to Sugar-free dairy milk?

23 Sep 7
Reply by Eucritta

"I have not been very active for the past few years but I have had low energy problem…"

JohnG replied Sep 6 to exhausted even with stable blood sugar.

4 Sep 6
Reply by Leah

"I have used all three rapid acting analogs in a pump in conjunction with a CGMS for…"

JohnG replied Sep 5 to How much is 1 unit of insulin?

39 Sep 12
Reply by Brian J

"Maybe it's time for you to start using some fast acting insulin for meals and correc…"

JohnG replied Sep 5 to night time numbers creeping up and morning blood sugar spikes! yuck!

8 Sep 5
Reply by 2hobbit1

"They already have a angled set with a bent needle...It was the first infusion set. R…"

JohnG replied Sep 4 to Infusion sets - Contact Detach

5 Sep 5
Reply by Laddie

"Unfortunately my body makes no insulin, and since my body and I cannot always agree…"

JohnG replied Sep 4 to supplies to carry with you at all times and advice about testing and injecting on the go

26 Sep 5
Reply by meee

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Meet The 2014 Big Blue Test Grant Recipients

This year Diabetes Hands Foundation has pledged US$35,000 in Big Blue Test grants, continuing its support for programs aimed at providing lifesaving supplies, medical tests, treatment, and patient education to people living in need who have or at risk Read on! →

Kim Vlasnik: The Patient Voice

Kim Vlasnik, you NAILED it! In this video, Kim Vlasnik takes our breath away as she describes what its like to be a person with diabetes. Fortunately, Stanford’s Medicine-X Conference gives ePatients, like Kim, a chance to speak since we carry the Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service