All Discussions Tagged '1.5' (26)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are my number too high already? When to start insulin?

I think I haven't opened my own thread here yet, although I find you people here most helpful (compared to other forums), by far. I've been…

Started by krisa

41 Nov 30
Reply by niccolo

Self Diagnosing LADA?

I was diagnosed as a type 1 last year at 32 years old after having the swine flu with an AIC over 10 and test showing GAD antibodies with a…

Started by MattE

18 Sep 20
Reply by Brunetta

Looking for physician recommendations in Central Florida

Hello, I'm looking for recommendations for physicians who are familiar with LADA / Type 1.5 diabetes. I'm in the Lakeland area (between Orl…

Started by TrueHeartedOne

5 Aug 1
Reply by TrueHeartedOne

My doctor classification of me as Secondary Diabetes?

Well, well, well. I did some digging, well really, my endo's staff finally uploaded some of my files on his web portal for my view. My endo…

Started by Kate

11 Jul 3
Reply by Eucritta

Not sure. Mody or LADA?

Hi all, New user here and first time poster. Anyway, I've been diagnosed as a Type 2 for a little over a year now. I do not fit your typica…

Started by Augustus27

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

Could This Be LADA?

I'm 33 years old, pretty healthy woman that had gastric bypass 6 years ago. For the past two months I have felt run down. I went to my prim…

Started by YviC

3 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by YviC

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Seeking stories of misdiagnosis

I came across TUdiabetes about eight months ago when I was looking to understand diabetes and why I had it. With the help of my online frie…

Started by Kelly

172 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by 1DebY

I think I might be LADA but am unsure

Hi My name is Pauline I'm 41. I had had stomach pains for a while and in 2009 my GP sent me for a routine blood test. It came back high. Th…

Started by chips

14 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by Melitta

I had a horrible doctor visit today, need to vent!

Went in for my 3 month visit at the diabetes clinic and it did not go well in my opinion. This is very, very long, and I am sorry, but I am…

Started by sparkysmom

110 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by sparkysmom

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

DHF receives $200,000 grant from Novo Nordisk

Grant given to support programs aimed at bringing together people touched by diabetes for positive change BERKELEY, CA: December 4, 2014 – Diabetes Hands Foundation (DHF) has received a grant of US$200,000 from Novo Nordisk to support programs aimed at Read on! →

Guest Post: World Diabetes Day 2014 on Twitter… sifting through the data

At Symplur we track hashtags, keywords, user accounts, and pretty much anything else on Twitter that has to do with healthcare. We collect the data and then build countless ways to slice it up so that we’re able to better Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service