All Discussions Tagged '1.5' (24)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

My doctor classification of me as Secondary Diabetes?

Well, well, well. I did some digging, well really, my endo's staff finally uploaded some of my files on his web portal for my view. My endo…

Started by Kate

11 Jul 3
Reply by Eucritta

Self Diagnosing LADA?

I was diagnosed as a type 1 last year at 32 years old after having the swine flu with an AIC over 10 and test showing GAD antibodies with a…

Started by MattE

13 Jun 27
Reply by JohnG

Not sure. Mody or LADA?

Hi all, New user here and first time poster. Anyway, I've been diagnosed as a Type 2 for a little over a year now. I do not fit your typica…

Started by Augustus27

71 Apr 11
Reply by meee

Could This Be LADA?

I'm 33 years old, pretty healthy woman that had gastric bypass 6 years ago. For the past two months I have felt run down. I went to my prim…

Started by YviC

3 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by YviC

New Type 1 (LADA)

Hello everyone! I am a 26 year old active and seemingly healthy woman who was recently diagnosed (about 2 months ago) as a LADA Type 1. My…

Started by Dianne

42 Mar 20, 2013
Reply by Annie

Seeking stories of misdiagnosis

I came across TUdiabetes about eight months ago when I was looking to understand diabetes and why I had it. With the help of my online frie…

Started by Kelly

172 Sep 28, 2012
Reply by 1DebY

I think I might be LADA but am unsure

Hi My name is Pauline I'm 41. I had had stomach pains for a while and in 2009 my GP sent me for a routine blood test. It came back high. Th…

Started by chips

14 Jan 30, 2012
Reply by Melitta

I had a horrible doctor visit today, need to vent!

Went in for my 3 month visit at the diabetes clinic and it did not go well in my opinion. This is very, very long, and I am sorry, but I am…

Started by sparkysmom

110 Aug 18, 2011
Reply by sparkysmom

I suspect my T2 is really T1.5, but my doc poo-poos blood tests!

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I am hoping you don’t mind if I share my story with you.I will try to make this as brief as possible.Fi…

Started by sparkysmom

20 Aug 12, 2011
Reply by Lila

We'll Type You Later

Has anyone else had an endocrinologist(s) decline to tell you what type you are because they can't verify if you are a 2 or a 1.5? I have…

Started by Belgienne

28 Jan 20, 2011
Reply by Natalie ._c-

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

A Snapshot: Diabetes In The United States

An infographic explaining the most recent CDC diabetes figures, released in June 2014.

Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of the Diabetes Hands Foundation?

Facing Diabetes Together Will you Stand Hand in Hand in support of  the Diabetes Hands Foundation? When you make a gift to the Diabetes Hands Foundation you help people with diabetes make positive changes in their lives. We believe that no Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service