All Discussions Tagged '2' (137)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Weight Gain w/ Insulin

OK fellow type 2's, I would like to see how many people can identify with this and methods of dealing with it. At first diagnosis I started…

Started by 1DebY

51 Feb 25
Reply by 1DebY

Question about cholesterol meds for a type 1???

So I have recently gone to a check up, and the doctor I saw didnt even let me explain everything about my condition, I am a TYPE 1 diabetic…

Started by Kary Noguerat

16 Feb 24
Reply by Susan Van Abs

Still a Type 2....Type Weird!

It has been a while since I have been on here.. Lot of problems in life specially recently. I was dx'd 5 years as a Type 2 even though I do…

Started by KimKat

32 Jan 26
Reply by KimKat

Good resource for someone with Type 2 diabetes?

Hello! I have a friend who has Type 2 diabetes but needs a good book or resource to educate him and encourage him. Do you all have anything…

Started by Jessica05

4 Dec 10, 2014
Reply by Judith in Portland

Kamala the Ugandan Giant

Some of you old time WWF wrestling fans may remember Kamala the Ugandan Giant. He has fallen on hard times and has a few videos and article…

Started by Christalyn

0 Nov 23, 2014

How am I GAINING weight?

I've been watching what I eat, using Myfitnesspal app, and going to the gym (although am limited to what I can do because I recently hurt m…

Started by jesikabeth

35 Nov 23, 2014
Reply by biggrey

New retrospective data showed empagliflozin reduced A1C, body weight and markers of abdominal fat in adults with type 2 diabetes

See full press release HERE. RIDGEFIELD, Conn. and INDIANAPOLIS, November 17, 2014 – Empagliflozin tablets reduced hemoglobin A1C (a measu…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Nov 18, 2014

Fatigue

Hi, I was diagnosed as a T2 in 2005. I will be 60 in November. A couple of months ago, I began taking Lantus and Novalog. Prior to that, my…

Started by kathimcb

10 Oct 1, 2014
Reply by kathimcb

How did you find out you had Type 2?

I'm just curious to hear how others were diagnosed with Type 2. I think this disease got about a two- to five-year head start on me because…

Started by Kelly

129 Sep 14, 2014
Reply by Georgia boy

Cut carbs, losing weight, but BGs rising? What's wrong with this picture?

All - I've got questions, and I know you've got the answers, or at least can point me in the right direction. I'm still on my low-carb diet…

Started by Kate

29 Sep 5, 2014
Reply by Lil~Bit

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

Helmsley Charitable Trust Renews Support for DHF

HELMSLEY CHARITABLE TRUST GRANTS SUPPORT TO DIABETES HANDS FOUNDATION FOR FOURTH YEAR  Funding in 2015 to support major transitions in programs and leadership at Diabetes Hands Foundation BERKELEY, CA: February 18, 2015 – The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Read on! →

Spare A Rose, Save A Child for Valentines Day

Here’s a new way to celebrate Valentines Day: Buy a dozen roses, spare the cost of one (about $5) and donate to IDF’s Life for a Child program. By doing this, you will help children in need of life saving insulin. Those of Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Melissa Lee
(Interim Executive Director, Editor, has type 1)

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, has LADA)

Emily Coles (Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Director of Operations and Development, has type 2)

Desiree Johnson  (Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Administrators

Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

DanP (has Type 1)

Gary (has type 2)

David (has type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2015   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service