All Discussions Tagged 'ADA' (31)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

American Diabetes Association Alert Day®

American Diabetes Association Alert Day® is a one-day "wake-up call" asking the American public to take the Diabetes Risk Test to find out…

Started by Emily Coles

0 Mar 3

LADA is addressed in an ADA position statement on patient-centered approach to managing Type 2 Diabetes

A new ADA position paper on managing Type 2 diabetes advises considering the possibility of LADA in lean "Type 2" patients. Progress! While…

Started by Melitta

13 Jan 16
Reply by Jeannene Herber

When will a cure for type 1 diabetes come?

Our friends over at diaTribe, a monthly newsletter about diabetes research and products, have just published a book with the ADA, Targeting…

Started by Emily Coles

16 Oct 30, 2013
Reply by Larry Fischer

Cool Initiative!!

Started by Emily Coles

0 Oct 14, 2013

Positive Interim Results for New T2 Treatment Protocol

In his 2008 ADA Banting Award lecture, Ralph DeFronzo challenged the established models of diabetes treatment and proposed a radical depart…

Started by Brian (bsc)

14 Oct 11, 2013
Reply by Whirlygig

What are my rights as a diabetic in a public held event?

I recently joined a support group in Houston for T1's and just think they are awesome. Last month, I was shocked to find out one person was…

Started by Soaring Freak

20 Oct 3, 2013
Reply by Ruth

Triple Therapy for New-Onset Diabetes: A Paradigm Shift?

In 2008, Ralph DeFronzo was awarded the Banting Medal by the ADA and in his lecture published in 2009, he claimed that the ADA/EASD treatme…

Started by Brian (bsc)

3 Jun 26, 2013
Reply by BadMoonT2

American Diabetes Association 73rd Annual Scientific Sessions

It's that time of year, folks!  The American Diabetes Association 73rd Annual Scientific Sessions will take place June 21-25 in Chicago, I…

Started by Emily Coles

6 Jun 25, 2013
Reply by jrtpup

Statement by the American Diabetes Association on the Passing of Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE

ALEXANDRIA, VA--(Marketwire - Mar 26, 2013) - The American Diabetes Association mourns the loss of Richard R. Rubin, PhD, CDE from Monkton,…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

5 Apr 5, 2013
Reply by David (dns)

DiabetesMine Innovation Summit - Manny Hernandez in the News!

For the last two years, Amy Tenderich over at DiabetesMine has hosted the "DiabetesMine Innovation Summit." This year, according to Diabete…

Started by Diabetes News and Interest

0 Nov 30, 2012

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

#OpposeAB1893: California Bill that Burdens People with Diabetes on Insulin

A couple of days ago I learned that the California State Assembly is considering AB-1893 Sharps waste, which in (if approved) will mandate that: “Sharps sold to the general public in California shall be sold with a sharps waste container Read on! →

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service