All Discussions Tagged 'Doctor' (7)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

St. Louis Endo Recommendations

I am desperately trying to choose a new endocrinoligist and wondering if anyone has a recommendation. I have Type 1, on a pump and live in…

Started by Joedog

1 Jan 2
Reply by Marie B

New York City Endocrinologist Recommendations? Anyone?

I've been a Type 1 diabetic for over 40 years and have had extraordinary good fortune with my diabetes physicians, from day 1 of my diagnos…

Started by SteveD

8 Nov 21, 2012
Reply by Ellie

NYT Series: The Digital Doctor

Nerd that I am, I'm in love with this NYT series on technology in medicine (called "Digital Doctor," although I think it should be renamed…

Started by MyBustedPancreas

2 Oct 11, 2012
Reply by MyBustedPancreas

A1C Pass/Fail?

There seems to be an ongoing trail of similarities in many of the comments I have read of late in various parts of the diabetes online comm…

Started by Tom, Diabetes Dad

14 Sep 29, 2012
Reply by Brunetta

Desperately Seeking Info... Diabetes & Presciribed Steroids

Is it common practice for a Physician to warn a patient about the probability of Diabetes occuring w/ longterm Steroid intake? Shouldn't it…

Started by SuGaRpAiGe

3 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by S. Harper

Endo's in Oklahoma

Does anyone know a good Endo in Oklahoma. I currently see Dr. John Davis at Integris Southwest OKC but am looking to switch. I have Tricare…

Started by Emily Whiting

0 Jan 12, 2009

outraged!

I went to a minor emergency clinic for a really bad sore throat and my blood sugar was 300 when I woke up. So I gave my medical history to…

Started by Emily Whiting

17 Dec 9, 2007
Reply by Sarah Kay

RSS

Advertisement

REsources

From the Diabetes Hands Foundation blog...

FDA Docket Extended! We Need You.

If you are new to diabetes advocacy in the traditional sense of the word, you may be thinking, “What the heck is a docket!?” I certainly was the first twenty times I heard it (yes it took that long). For Read on! →

An Open Letter from @AskManny, @DiabetesHF to @NYTRosenthal, @NYTimes

Dear Ms. Rosenthal: I am a person living with type 1 diabetes since the age of 30. I am also the President and co-Founder of the Diabetes Hands Foundation, a nonprofit aimed at connecting and mobilizing the diabetes community. Seeing Read on! →

Diabetes Hands Foundation Team

DHF TEAM

Manny Hernandez
(Co-Founder, Editor, has LADA)

Emily Coles
(Head of Communities, has type 1)

Mila Ferrer
(EsTuDiabetes Community Manager, mother of a child with type 1)

Mike Lawson
(Head of Experience, has type 1)

Corinna Cornejo
(Development Manager, has type 2)

Heather Gabel
(Administrative and Programs Assistant, has type 1)

DHF VOLUNTEERS

Lead Administrator
Bradford (has type 1)

Administrators
Lorraine (mother of type 1)
Marie B (has type 1)

Brian (bsc) (has type 2)

Gary (has type 2)

David (dns) (type 2)

LIKE us on Facebook

Spread the word

Loading…

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here.

© 2014   A community of people touched by diabetes, run by the Diabetes Hands Foundation.

Badges  |  Contact Us  |  Terms of Service